Default A good day to bury bad news

Famously in the UK, Jo Moore, a special adviser to the government minister Stephen Byers, wrote in an email on 11th September 2001 that it was "a good day to get out anything that we want to bury", suggesting that they take the opportunity of the World Trade Center terrorist attacks to reveal a story relating to councilor's expenses.

The attention of the world is now focused on the US Presidential Election. In my country, the BBC, Channel 4, Sky, and national newspapers such as the Guardian will be covering the election eagerly throughout all the night. (Unfortunately, we probably won't have anything quite as entertaining as the malfunction which meant the TV presenter Peter Snow's graphics during the 1992 election seemed to suggest a sweeping victory was imminent for Ross Perot )

The Metropolitan police have taken the opportunity of this day to rush out a report into their handling of Operation Midland, an inquiry into historic child sex abuses, which found a sequence of disastrous errors in their handling of the inquiry, including misleading a judge into granting search warrants: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...s-report-finds

What other attempts to "bury bad news" have people noticed today?

BANNED

I mentioned to my mom that I am dating a guy 18 years my junior, does that count?

Well, I'd hope that wouldn't constitute "bad" news

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I mentioned to my mom that I am dating a guy 18 years my junior, does that count?
    If you're younger than 36, then yes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    If you're younger than 36, then yes.
    Nah, I just have great skin for my age.