View Poll Results: Is Uncanny Avengers an X-book?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's the Reese's peanut butter cup of the Marvel U.

24 19.20%
  • No, keep the Avengers away from my X-men.

77 61.60%
  • I'm not sure. Let's wait a few issues.

5 4.00%
  • I don't care.

19 15.20%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

also like how the majority of the MU requires a red skull with prof x's brain to fear and hate mutants. cause normally they are all past that hogwash

BANNED

i dont understand how rogue is the only hostage. aren't havok and sunfire hostages?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scusemeprincess View Post
    to be fair: i really don't want to see them tackle mutant problems instead of villains. that'd be hella boring
    At least one problem to validate their mission to Unite Humans and Mutants. And Havok and Wasp doing the nasty does not count!!!

i dont understand how rogue is the only hostage. aren't havok and sunfire hostages?
    Havok wanted Scott's limelight, and Sunfire was warped by Wolverine's guilt-tripping.

Rogue is the only true X-man there. Just as Thor is the only true Avenger. Rohor <3!!!!!!!!!!!
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    At least one problem to validate their mission to Unite Humans and Mutants. And Havok and Wasp doing the nasty does not count!!!
    well first the team has to unite internally before they can get to that. they're really just now getting around to this.

I find it ironic that the poll option that promotes segregation is winning, considering the mutant metaphor and such.

Personally I don't read uncanny avengers much because I don't enjoy the story/writing, and especially remender, but I don't have any problems with the idea of avengers and xmen working together. So I chose "I don't care" since no poll option given really expresses my feelings on the topic.

One thing I WOULD like to see is having xmen in avengers books. The avengers are mentioned in pure x-books a lot- are the xmen ever even mentioned in pure avengers books? (I wouldn't know because I don't ready any).
    Last edited by Grey; 07-02-2014 at 08:59 PM.

there should be an option stating "i think it's an avengers book" that doesn't include "i hate the avengers"
    the way option 2 is stated is pretty telling bros
    There's a big difference in not wanting Avenger like stories in X-Books and hating the Avengers.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I find it ironic that the option poll option that promotes segregation is winning, considering the mutant metaphor and such.

Personally I don't read uncanny avengers much because I don't enjoy the story/writing, and especially remember,, but I don't have any problems with the idea of avengers and xmen working together.

One thing I WOULD like to see is having xmen in avengers books. The avengers are mentioned in pure x-books a lot- are the xmen ever even mentioned in pure avengers books? (I wouldn't know because I don't ready any).
    Aren't Sunspot and Cannonball Avengers now?

there should be an option stating "i think it's an avengers book" that doesn't include "i hate the avengers"
    the way option 2 is stated is pretty telling bros
    yeah, I want an option that says something like "It's kinda an X-book"
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly? Yes I do consider it to be a true merge of Avengers and X-men. I know I may be the odd man out, but in my opinion it does work as a unified team. The team consists of a number of high profile characters from both the X-men and Avengers, from Captain America, Havok, Thor, Rouge, and etc., they have Wasp and Havok in a relationship for crying out load. Both characters and storylines from Avenger series and X-men series are important, encompassing most of the MU with neither side being ignored when it comes to their individual strength and weaknesses.

They have a mix of villains consisting of both Avengers and X-men threats to the point where the villains actually mix together, such as Red Skull with Xavier's brain, the apocalypse twins who were raised by Kang, and the four horsemen who consist of both X-men and avengers characters. Heck eventually the team will lead into a huge Avenger/X-men team-up with Axis where they take on the Avengers villain Red Skull to save mutantkind

Taking a step back to the story, the huge story that has occupied a majority of this series was combination of events from not only Uncanny X-force, but also Thor: God of thunder and Captain America. In fact the story itself is closing with Rouge taking not only the Avengers powers but the X-men's to save the world from destruction under the idea that they have to unify.

So yes, I believe that the book has done it's job to unite both the Avengers and the X-men in one series, a series I believe is very good.
    Yes this.
    I would rather read a thread about this book which has X-men in it than "what theme music would ___have", "should blah blah dye their hair". This book has a relevance to the X-verse and can actually create conversations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post

Havok wanted Scott's limelight, and Sunfire was warped by Wolverine's guilt-tripping.

Rogue is the only true X-man there. Just as Thor is the only true Avenger. Rohor <3!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol. i love it how some xmen just aren't xmeny enough

I consider it a quasi-X-book. It does tell the current stories of some X-characters, and while Remender has plenty of flaws, sadly he's still a better writer than many of the ones we have on the actual X-books. That said, I can't argue against it been primarily an Avengers book. It's put out by the Avengers office and is about an Avengers team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    There's a big difference in not wanting Avenger like stories in X-Books and hating the Avengers.
    its like wishing there weren't a robin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The storyline from day one has been mutant-based though. Typically this is the kind of area the Avengers proper would not have touched. I think with the brand of story it is an X-men type story with Avengers. JMHO though. All will have an opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Yes this.
    I would rather read a thread about this book which has X-men in it than "what theme music would ___have", "should blah blah dye their hair". This book has a relevance to the X-verse and can actually create conversations.
    what about another thread about hating cyclops

BANNED

who are the most xmeny xmen?
    if the team were storm, rachel, pixie, nightcrawler.............

i mean storm and sabretooth and others are jumping in for axis but i'm sure they'll somehow be not xmen characters enough

edit: wait is storm a traitor now due to her brief avengers membership?

It feels like an Avengers book. They completely mishandles the Mutant side of things that makes it clearly bias towards Avengers.