View Poll Results: Is Uncanny Avengers an X-book?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's the Reese's peanut butter cup of the Marvel U.

24 19.20%
  • No, keep the Avengers away from my X-men.

77 61.60%
  • I'm not sure. Let's wait a few issues.

5 4.00%
  • I don't care.

19 15.20%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

what are they then. what's compelling about them?

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scusemeprincess View Post
    mutant issues aren't interesting
    remender's mandate was never to make them that way, but to tell a compelling story about a unity team
    The success of the X-Line, especially under Claremont and in comparison to the Avengers for most of their history says hello and also that you are wrong. You may not personally like it, thats different, but it seems that many more people do not share that opinion.

BANNED

If you have to ask what they are, how can you be so sure they're not interesting?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

While in a way I do consider it more off an avengers book. They are called the avengers unity division after all. The plots are all mutant centric so im interested. Red skull has the Profs brain. Uses mutants the S-men. Is going into genosha and hurting mutants. Plus the apocalypse twins are Archangels children who tried to save mutants. Sire Kang is an avengers villian as is red skull more Cap but whatever lol. But yeah there a bit of both
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    The success of the X-Line, especially under Claremont and in comparison to the Avengers for most of their history says hello and also that you are wrong. You may not personally like it, thats different, but it seems that many more people do not share that opinion.
    this isn't what accounts for the success of the xline or claremont's run

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    If you have to ask what they are, how can you be so sure they're not interesting?
    no this is different, i'm trying to get you to expound on what exactly they are. since you're defending them.

BANNED

this isn't what accounts for the success of the xline or claremont's run
    O...kay. I guess? IDEK.

BANNED

on one hand, if you're into the plight of the mutants this is a book that is really delving into that.
    on the other (maybe same) hand, some avengers are in it and since when is that a problem?

uncanny268.jpg

do you think when this issue came out people complained that there were two avengers on the cover and only one x-man?

BANNED

on one hand, if you're into the plight of the mutants this is a book that is really delving into that.
    If by "delve into" you mean "mock when it can even be bothered to acknowledge it," sure.

Amazing Member

If I had to put Uncanny Avengers in one group it would be closer to the Avengers.

Saying that - the title is mostly irrelevant to the Xmen franchise and to the Marvel Universe in general. Why you ask?

a) Red Skull suddenly decides he hates mutants out of the blue and decides to destroy them. The mutants (Xmen) come across as rather whinny and less heroic than the Avengers. Havok is made a leader - which is probably the biggest joke of all - with a team that has Rogue, Wasp and Cap (you'll notice I don't mention Wol - that is because he is not that great as a leader - sure he is tactically sound but not a leader by any stretch of the imagination) Havok is way down on the list of leaders.

b) Red Skulls digs up Prof X and uses a dead brain - adds it to his own brain - and viola he gets Prof X type powers of telepathy -- no real reaction from the Xmen - here your founder has just been desecrated and you have done really nothing about it - add to that Shield has done nothing either and the Avengers less than nothing - and the Red Skull has become some quasi -mutant now with the most powerful telepathic brain in his possession and he doesn't do anything with it.

c) The latest arc has taken the UA and sent them into another alternate reality-time line (really is this the best Marvel has now) - that has zero impact on the MU - you will have noticed no one has said anything really of Rogue, Scarlet Witch or Wonder Man's death.

d) Who knows where the comic fits in with the rest of the MU.

e) Yes, it is entertaining - but when it finishes as it well eventually - most readers will have forgotten it.

BANNED

No one will forget UA, because like UXF it has ruined several characters so thoroughly there's pretty much no way to undo the mess.

It's firmly an Avengers title that has usurped the Apocalypse Twins storyline, a storyline that should have continued to play out in the X-books.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

so firmly an avengers title that it's been about mutants exiled to their own planet after an avengers-faulted apocalypse
    got it

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I've been rereading Claremont's Uncanny, and I've just got to issue 227: possibly the heart of his best period (I think) where 8 X-Men and Maddie Pryor sacrifice themselves utterly selflessly to save the world. (Contrast that to Remender's x men who don't want anything to do with fighting the celestial, because it's a suicide mission! That's not the X-Men)

Anyway, Maddie give this little speech, and I just wish something similar had come from one of Remender's non mutant Avengers. For me Remender misses the spirit at the heart of the x-books, which is why he's writing an Avenger's book, with X-Cameos.

image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I've been rereading Claremont's Uncanny, and I've just got to issue 227: possibly the heart of his best period (I think) where 8 X-Men and Maddie Pryor sacrifice themselves utterly selflessly to save the world. (Contrast that to Remender's x men who don't want anything to do with fighting the celestial, because it's a suicide mission! That's not the X-Men)

Anyway, Maddie give this little speech, and I just wish something similar had come from one of Remender's non mutant Avengers. For me Remender misses the spirit at the heart of the x-books, which is why he's writing an Avenger's book, with X-Cameos.

image.jpg
    i mean he had havok pretty much say this. (?)