Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why would it? Tony's not even currently around and Stark Industries is itself in trouble. If it's removed by corporate takeover, I'd bet on Alchemax. That would cause major tension in the 2099 book.
    Yeah, although considering that Alchemax is ultimately the creation of Norman Osborn, with Liz Allan as his mostly willing (or at least knowing) proxy for the sake of making a respectable legacy for her son (and his grandson) Normie, Alchemax buying out Parker Industries would be a victory for Osborn.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, although considering that Alchemax is ultimately the creation of Norman Osborn, with Liz Allan as his mostly willing (or at least knowing) proxy for the sake of making a respectable legacy for her son (and his grandson) Normie, Alchemax buying out Parker Industries would be a victory for Osborn.
    I really wish Parker Industries will simply "evolve" into something bigger. I don't want it destroyed or buyed by Osborn!!!

You know?, my theory about Parker and Stark merging is not so nuts; especially if we consider the coincidence that Mary Jane is currently the second in command at Stark Industries.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess Norman just fixed his face back to normal, and that's what those bandages were for? I wonder how long before he goes Green Goblin again?

Well, so long Parker Industries, you will not be missed .

And I guess with Parker Industries over and done with, there's the question of what direction they'll take Peter in with the eventual relaunch around Homecoming.
    That's a good question. They might make him at a point similar to how he lost all those investments back in 2000... He "started off" in 1999 with the "Chapter One" relaunch fairly well off, then things went "boom" the following year and he got brought down many notches. I could expect a similar outcome.

Mighty Member

I think Norman Osborn will be reexposed to the goblin formula which will lead to the return of the Green Goblin. That may be how Peter defeats Osborn.

Anyone else notice the artist is no longer camuncoli?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yes, although I do hope Peter regains his position eventually. This time, however, I want him to earn the success on his own rather than piggybacking off a villain's effort. C'mon Pete I believe in you. I know you've got this.
    download.jpg

Yes. Totally ignore the fact that most of that success came from riding Pete's good name.

I like PI. Will be sad to see it gone. But if they bring back MJ, I'll have no complaints.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    download.jpg

Yes. Totally ignore the fact that most of that success came from riding Pete's good name.
    That does not matter. Ock possessed the talent, vision and drive that Peter lacked. Which is the only reason PI even existed in the first place.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

My only hope is that PI ends soon so this board can maybe shut the hell up about it. Seriously speaking, all people do all day is complain that PI is "out of character" and they want a pathetic Peter Parker running around. Comics need to change and evolve and all this damn forum wants is Parker stuck in 1962. It's sad because we had tons of alternate universes and whatever where Peter led a normal or pathetic life and no one cared for it because they want 616 Peter to be a homeless douche like he was in 1999 during that first relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    My only hope is that PI ends soon so this board can maybe shut the hell up about it. Seriously speaking, all people do all day is complain that PI is "out of character" and they want a pathetic Peter Parker running around. Comics need to change and evolve and all this damn forum wants is Parker stuck in 1962. It's sad because we had tons of alternate universes and whatever where Peter led a normal or pathetic life and no one cared for it because they want 616 Peter to be a homeless douche like he was in 1999 during that first relaunch.
    I for one want him sucessful on his own merit, period. By no means do I think he should be a loser.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to the people you're generalizating. I could understand if, for example, claims that P.I. is out of character for Peter have more to do with the various "Peter Starker" criticisms, since it could seem like it has less to do with Spider-Man and instead makes him into an Iron Man wannabe, which could diminish what made Peter Parker and Spider-Man unique. I don't believe anyone has ever said they would prefer Peter to be "stuck in 1962" or be a "homeless douche", and wanting Parker Industries removed from the narrative does not mean automatically wanting either of those other things as well. It just means that some people haven't specified what they would want instead of Parker Industries, and they have no obligation to do so, though I think Celgress and Ursalink have each provided good ideas of where the story could go next.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Yeah there seems like there's not in between when it comes to hardcore Spider-Man fans.
    Last edited by Unspeakable Evil; 11-09-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I can't wait!

Also Norman and Parker industries is ending!

Is it just me or is anybody else seeing the homage to this cover:

Fantastic Member

This really makes it feel like Slott is wrapping up his run.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I really wish Parker Industries will simply "evolve" into something bigger. I don't want it destroyed or buyed by Osborn!!!

You know?, my theory about Parker and Stark merging is not so nuts; especially if we consider the coincidence that Mary Jane is currently the second in command at Stark Industries.
    Maybe Peter will sell it to Max Modell and it can be renamed Horizon Industries, as a way of making up for what happened when Otto's actions as the Superior Spider-Man caused Horizon Labs to be destroyed. Then, if we're really lucky, the new Horizon Industries can hire back Peter as one of its scientists or at least extend that offer to Peter, whether he accepts or not, with Max or Anna Maria in charge to keep the Baxter Building out of Alchemax's hands or the hands of any other morally dubious megacorporation.
    The spider is always on the hunt.