Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    My only hope is that PI ends soon so this board can maybe shut the hell up about it. Seriously speaking, all people do all day is complain that PI is "out of character" and they want a pathetic Peter Parker running around. Comics need to change and evolve and all this damn forum wants is Parker stuck in 1962. It's sad because we had tons of alternate universes and whatever where Peter led a normal or pathetic life and no one cared for it because they want 616 Peter to be a homeless douche like he was in 1999 during that first relaunch.
    That won't stop the really reaching Slott hate threads.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    This really makes it feel like Slott is wrapping up his run.
    People always say that when a big storyline comes up - "This is probably his big finale! He's wrapping things up!" - and it never ends up being true.

This could be it, sure, but I'm gonna bet against it. I hope it isn't as I want to see where Slott takes Peter post-PI (if in fact that solicitation isn't just misleading).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    People always say that when a big storyline comes up - "This is probably his big finale! He's wrapping things up!" - and it never ends up being true.

This could be it, sure, but I'm gonna bet against it. I hope it isn't as I want to see where Slott takes Peter post-PI (if in fact that solicitation isn't just misleading).
    Yeah, but between this and Clone Conspiracy it looks like Slott is tying up all the loose threads left from his time on the book

Stuart Immonen? yes please!

Issues 25-28, huh? That'd place this story starting in March and ending in June. Then this current volume likely ends and starts up with a brand new #1 and new status quo in July right in time for Spider-Man: Homecoming!

I like how Osborn has been brought out as the big capper for the Superior and now this, I'm excited to see what happens. His shenanigans brought down Otto's reign as Spidey, and now he might bring down PI in another big conflagration with Spidey. That Alex Ross cover is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    This really makes it feel like Slott is wrapping up his run.
    Or he realized PI and he latest volume aren't catching on that well with fans and he's taking things back to the basics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Or he realized PI and he latest volume aren't catching on that well with fans and he's taking things back to the basics.
    By the time this book hits we will have had PI for over 50 issues (Superior, ASM vol 3+4 + tie ins like clone conspiracy). Maybe its not so much that its not catching on with fans as much as he is just done with what he wanted to do with the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I really wish Parker Industries will simply "evolve" into something bigger. I don't want it destroyed or buyed by Osborn!!!

You know?, my theory about Parker and Stark merging is not so nuts; especially if we consider the coincidence that Mary Jane is currently the second in command at Stark Industries.
    Just curious, it it explained at all how she went from managing a nightclub to being 2nd in command at Stark? This seems incredibly bizarre to me, I don't even remember her having ANY business experience before this nightclub.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    I doubt that. My guess is that, like Superior, this was a status quo that was meant to last until the next movie, which is why it could end right before Homecoming is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Just curious, it it explained at all how she went from managing a nightclub to being 2nd in command at Stark? This seems incredibly bizarre to me, I don't even remember her having ANY business experience before this nightclub.
    I think that was part of the initial issues of Invincible Iron Man, with a fight between Iron Man and Madame Masque taking place in the nightclub, and since the nightclub was destroyed, Tony hired her as a way to make up to her. From what I hear, the part that wasn't explained is that Mary Jane said her nightclub had been destroyed yet again before the series began (So presumably during the eight month gap related to Secret Wars), and I'm not sure if they have explained it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    I doubt that. My guess is that, like Superior, this was a status quo that was meant to last until the next movie, which is why it could end right before Homecoming is released.

I think that was part of the initial issues of Invincible Iron Man, with a fight between Iron Man and Madame Masque taking place in the nightclub, and since the nightclub was destroyed, Tony hired her as a way to make up to her. From what I hear, the part that wasn't explained is that Mary Jane said her nightclub had been destroyed yet again before the series began (So presumably during the eight month gap related to Secret Wars), and I'm not sure if they have explained it since then.
    Thanks, I don't really follow Iron Man closely so I thought I had missed something. Sounds like it really needs to be addressed. Anyway sorry for sidetracking the thread.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    MJ ran a night club during superior spider-man. it was previously owned/run by The Vulture. When she took over, his children henchmen attacked it at least two or so times and destroyed it because SpOck decided MJ was consuming too much of Peter's time and that is why Peter never made it as a successful anything. She moved to Chicago to start another club and Iron Man destroyed that one and she got pissed off because yet another hero/villain ruined her club. It was well addressed in both series.

Edit - The nightclub run by the Vulture was called "The Wake" and it appeared in Amazing Spider-Man 674-675
    Mary Jane purchased the wake in Amazing 686. Pretty sure there was another attack that happened that destroyed it in Superior which pissed off MJ.
    Last edited by xpyred; 11-10-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Issues 25-28, huh? That'd place this story starting in March and ending in June. Then this current volume likely ends and starts up with a brand new #1 and new status quo in July right in time for Spider-Man: Homecoming!

I like how Osborn has been brought out as the big capper for the Superior and now this, I'm excited to see what happens. His shenanigans brought down Otto's reign as Spidey, and now he might bring down PI in another big conflagration with Spidey. That Alex Ross cover is great.
    If he goes back to #1 AGAIN, I'm gonna be pissed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Fighter View Post
    I do think that the current volume will end with this arc so a relaunch can coincide with Homecoming. However, Slott's been writing since ASM Vol. 2, relaunched it as Superior, relaunched it again for Vol. 3, and relaunched it once more for Vol. 4. It would be absurd to have yet another "The Amazing Spider-Man #1", but still have the same writer. The only other time I can think of having the same writer do three relaunches is that we're currently on the third series of Miles Morales written by Brian Michael Bendis, with two other volumes of Peter Parker preceding that. If they have plans to relaunch after this arc, now would be a good time to have a new writer.

That's just the name of the game these days.

BANNED

They will. You better believe they'll have a shiny new #1 on the stands for the release of the next film.