Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    MJ ran a night club during superior spider-man. it was previously owned/run by The Vulture. When she took over, his children henchmen attacked it at least two or so times and destroyed it because SpOck decided MJ was consuming too much of Peter's time and that is why Peter never made it as a successful anything. She moved to Chicago to start another club and Iron Man destroyed that one and she got pissed off because yet another hero/villain ruined her club. It was well addressed in both series.

Edit - The nightclub run by the Vulture was called "The Wake" and it appeared in Amazing Spider-Man 674-675
    Mary Jane purchased the wake in Amazing 686. Pretty sure there was another attack that happened that destroyed it in Superior which pissed off MJ.
    What pissed her off was that "Peter" didn't care to show up to save or at least comfort her like he usually would, and by the end of Superior, when the real Peter came back, she decided she was just done with all the danger and chaos being involved with him brought into her life.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    What pissed her off was that "Peter" didn't care to show up to save or at least comfort her like he usually would, and by the end of Superior, when the real Peter came back, she decided she was just done with all the danger and chaos being involved with him brought into her life.
    Which doesn't really sound like MJ that much...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which doesn't really sound like MJ that much...
    No, definitely not, but then a lot of Slott's writing of her character doesn't sound all that much like her, especially with how resentful she seemed to be of Peter and superheroes in general in the Regent's 616 debut arc.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Assuming, and I do mean assuming, this might be Slott's final arc on Spider-Man and that he's closing out his last bit of plots before he finally, finally, leaves...could he fix the damage he did to Black Cat on his way out ?

Assuming, and I do mean assuming, this might be Slott's final arc on Spider-Man and that he's closing out his last bit of plots before he finally, finally, leaves...could he fix the damage he did to Black Cat on his way out ?
    Lol one can only hope.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    But Dock Ock was screwing Peter's life up! How Parker manages to not kill his enemies, especially Dock Ock, is beyond me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    But Dock Ock was screwing Peter's life up! How Parker manages to not kill his enemies, especially Dock Ock, is beyond me.
    Oh, but Peter left his body lying around, which is apparently just like leaving a gun lying around, so because Doc Ock took Peter's body and used it to hurt people, that somehow means Peter deserves some of the blame. I guess that's supposed to mean that it's not solely Doc Ock who screwed up Peter's life.
    Last edited by Phantom Roxas; 11-11-2016 at 02:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Stuart Immonen? yes please!
    My thoughts exactly. If they keep Immonen on after this arc, even better!

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Fighter View Post
    If he goes back to #1 AGAIN, I'm gonna be pissed.
    I expect that's exactly what will happen. They might give it a rebranding, like Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man. Or who knows, maybe they'll use some numbering wizardry to figure out that they're at #800 already, and launch on that.

Astonishing Member

Whatever is going to happen, I just don't want Peter lose his company and turning again into his classic self. That role is already covered by Miles, so having his own company is one of the things that allow Peter to have a different but significant role in the ANAD Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Oh, but Peter left his body lying around, which is apparently just like leaving a gun lying around, so because Doc Ock took Peter's body and used it to hurt people, that somehow means Peter deserves some of the blame. I guess that's supposed to mean that it's not solely Doc Ock who screwed up Peter's life.
    LOL that's like the classic rapist defense that the victim tempted the perpetrator by dressing provocatively and thus "asked for it". Such a line of reasoning just doesn't hold water.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    LOL that's like the classic rapist defense that the victim tempted the perpetrator by dressing provocatively and thus "asked for it". Such a line of reasoning just doesn't hold water.
    Well, that explains the rape overtones from Silk. And SpOck committing rape by fraud against Anna Maria. Hmm…

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Well, that explains the rape overtones from Silk. And SpOck committing rape by fraud against Anna Maria. Hmm…
    rape overtones? when did this happen?

and i read that quote equating a super powered body with a gun- the writer isn't claiming that it's a clear cut case. just like you'll find a difference of opinion on guns irl, there's a difference of opinion in universe over the extent of spider-man's responsibility for his body. slott says it's a "human" thing to be irrational with blame. i don't think that's unfair.
    Last edited by boots; 11-14-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

As far as Peter and his Parker Industries "not being missed", I don't agree with that at all.

If this is as straightforward as it seems, Peter getting downgraded for the sake of nostalgia and being made to tie into some movie are definite unfortunate steps, if dreadfully typical by this point. I also worry about how this may tread on Miles new territory.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Already? What about Scorpio and Mockingbird? I've been waiting for Slott to bring in Osborn and this seems like a good finale, but too early!
    Personally, I couldn't care less about Scorpio, they've bored the hell out of me and I would be glad if they were never even referenced again personally speaking. Though I do get that Slott is probably going to go back to that, especially since I haven't heard anything about him leaving the book any time soon. As for Mockingbird? I'm sure she'll be brought up again somewhere down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I like PI. Will be sad to see it gone. But if they bring back MJ, I'll have no complaints.
    I've personally never been a fan of P.I but I agree with you regarding MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Is it just me or is anybody else seeing the homage to this cover:

I thought it looked familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    This really makes it feel like Slott is wrapping up his run.
    As I've said above I haven't heard anything about him leaving the book anytime soon so I doubt it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    That's just the name of the game these days.
    Pretty much LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    They will. You better believe they'll have a shiny new #1 on the stands for the release of the next film.
    Yep. I'll roll my eyes at the obvious timing but I'll still buy it anyway

LOL. We can dream.

I was hoping it would go on a while longer; they just introduced spidey bankrolling the avengers- i guess that's not going to last long. Guess i'll be dropping spider man soon. I'm beyond sick of norman osborn.
    Last edited by protege; 11-15-2016 at 07:14 PM.