Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    But Dock Ock was screwing Peter's life up! How Parker manages to not kill his enemies, especially Dock Ock, is beyond me.
    I have that same problem with batman.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I was hoping it would go on a while longer; they just introduced spidey bankrolling the avengers- i guess that's not going to last long. Guess i'll be dropping spider man soon. I'm beyond sick of norman osborn.
    Doom will probably take over the Avengers funding. The bigger issue is the HQ, the Baxter Building, aka Parker Industries NY, aka the new Avengers Tower.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    As I've said above I haven't heard anything about him leaving the book anytime soon so I doubt it personally.
    At the very least, I do think this will be the final Worldwide trade, since they could relaunch the series in time for Homecoming. So my question would be whether or not Slott sticks around for his fourth relaunch.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They're not gonna re-launch ASM.

And honestly, I want to see Peter bank-roll the Avengers for a couple more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Oh, but Peter left his body lying around, which is apparently just like leaving a gun lying around, so because Doc Ock took Peter's body and used it to hurt people, that somehow means Peter deserves some of the blame. I guess that's supposed to mean that it's not solely Doc Ock who screwed up Peter's life.
    lol'd

"If someone left a loaded gun lying around-- and another person used it to kill someone you love, wouldn't you blame both people?
    Spidey screwed up-- he let Doc Ock get control of his body and he failed to get it back. Some people accept that Spidey wasn't responsible for what Ock did during that time. Others don't."

What kind of logic is that? (I know the original statement wasn't yours)
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 11-18-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

And honestly, I want to see Peter bank-roll the Avengers for a couple more years.

lol'd

"If someone left a loaded gun lying around-- and another person used it to kill someone you love, wouldn't you blame both people?
    Spidey screwed up-- he let Doc Ock get control of his body and he failed to get it back. Some people accept that Spidey wasn't responsible for what Ock did during that time. Others don't."

The tortured logic necessary to get people hating and distrusting Spider-Man all over again, and turning against him and everything he represents even if they were once his nearest and dearest, thus betraying their own characters in the process.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I would rather they didn't relaunch ASM, but Marvel does like their "season" format.

lol'd

The logic is blaming the victim, because Peter is just as much a victim of Otto's actions as everyone else. Peter only "let" Doc Ock control his body because he had to resort to desperate measures to save the day in Spider-Island. That's a genuinely good plan having a horrible drawback, and comparing Peter's mind and body to a loaded gun removes any sense of distinction for the sake of a false equivalence. It's not just someone taking a gun from you and using that gun to kill someone you love. You may be upset with the person who left the gun lying around, but in the end, they are not the one who pulled the trigger. Otto didn't just steal Peter's body, he stole his identity, so as far as Felicia knew, Peter is that person who pulled the trigger. And she refused to listen to him not because of how different people have their own unique ways of choosing how to blame or forgive someone, but because the story required Felicia to be an antagonist, so having her motivation actually make any form of sense seems secondary to shoehorning her into a role. All for the sake of keeping Peter in his own stasis. Doctor Octopus screwed up Peter's life, but Peter gets scapegoated just to fulfill some notion that Peter's greatest faults are of his own making. Because why ever blame the people who are actually evil?

Astonishing Member

Looks like a must read to me.
    And Stuart Immonem illustrating Spider-Man comics is way cool.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    LOL that's like the classic rapist defense that the victim tempted the perpetrator by dressing provocatively and thus "asked for it". Such a line of reasoning just doesn't hold water.
    Through a lot of superior Spider-Man, it kind of made me think that Otto Octavius was raping Peter Parker, especially in that moment where Peter's voice in Dock Ock's head told him "NOOOO!" to Otto doing it with MJ.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Looks like a must read to me.
    And Stuart Immonem illustrating Spider-Man comics is way cool.
    Yeah, I think Immonem is a really good fit for the title; looking forward to his work!

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The tortured logic necessary to get people hating and distrusting Spider-Man all over again, and turning against him and everything he represents even if they were once his nearest and dearest, thus betraying their own characters in the process.
    I can understand resetting stories, but it feels like with today's writers, they are extremely inconsistent, and well, how they finally do change things feels unearned and poorly planned. It doesn't feel like a character or universe can run long without some kind of relaunch/reboot anymore.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

He doesn't have to be rich to support the Avengers. He could support them by helping develop certain gadgets or being in a more leading or investigative position in the Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Yeah, I think Immonem is a really good fit for the title; looking forward to his work!
    Same here.
    Immonem had illustrated Spidey in New Avengers before and those comics were quite good,so him illustrating the main comic book of Spider-Man should be awesome.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

What are the chances this isn't true? This would be the worst blow to the character of Spider-Man since One More Day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    What are the chances this isn't true? This would be the worst blow to the character of Spider-Man since One More Day.
    The only chance is if the end of this story does not live up to the solicit and Peter keeps Parker Industries. The listing is from an official source, so it's safe to say that this trade listing is legitimate.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    The only chance is if the end of this story does not live up to the solicit and Peter keeps Parker Industries. The listing is from an official source, so it's safe to say that this trade listing is legitimate.
    Ahh, okay. Thanks for the info. At least, the solicit does say that it is only the beginning of the end, so there is still hope!