Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Civil War II #8 cover teases Iron Man's Final Fate

Did he live? Did he die? The fate of Tony Stark remains a mystery, as the few glimpses we’ve seen of the post-“Civil War II”Marvel Universe indicate that at the very least he’s no longer in the public eye. David Marquez has issue #8's cover here.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Please let him die. Tony is such a dislike able character.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Please let him die. Tony is such a dislike able character.
    ??? but he's Marvel's Bruce Wayne.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    No, he's not. Bruce Wayne rejects weapons, Tony Stark only makes weapons. (His armors are weapons).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    No, he's not. Bruce Wayne rejects weapons, Tony Stark only makes weapons. (His armors are weapons).
    Batarangs aren't weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Please. Tony has created things to help people medically. Created hospitals for the mentally handicapped and other things. The batwing and all of that aren't weapons?! Hell he uses kids as weapons.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-08-2016 at 04:16 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Please. Tony has created things to help people medically. Created hospitals for the mentally handicapped and other things. The batwing and all of that aren't weapons?! Hell he uses kids as weapons.

Nah, too easy.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Lol, this is the winner of this debate.
    We need better comics

Man, I don't know where to start on this. Okay, first, Bruce uses his wealth not only to fight crime, but he's also used it to not only help Gotham's community and its people, but also globally. Even if he was never Batman, his charitable work would be phenomenal on it's own merit.

Second, Batman does not use kids as weapons. Did Cap use Bucky as a weapon?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

He's also an insufferably arrogant prick.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

The sooner this is over the earlier we can start waiting for him to come back and hopefully with a good writer this time.

BANNED

Tony may be a jerk, but he's our jerk

The #7 cover was like suuuch a better final cover tbh. I wish they hadn't added one more issue just for that.

At this point the new releases such as Infamous Ironman are leaving almost nothing to the imagination on Stark's fate, so I'm not certain how this cover reveals anything new.

spoilers:

I only hope they end on a note other than yet another hero dying and they manage to put a little surprise on a retirement twist instead. Like he fakes it and goes into hiding, or retires and leaves his uploaded brain as simply a "jarvis 2.0" to run avengers tower that he leaves donated to the new team. I'm kind of over the "look who dies now" model this story has pushed. I get it, we are shelving Stark: Parker is taking over economically and Ironheart/Infamous are taking over as icons. But just this once can we have a respectable send-off?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 11-08-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Not. Even. Close.