Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Nope. Tony is one of the smartest minds in the MU. He's a horrible tactician. Bruce, on the other hand, is not super intelligent like Tony or Reed. It's not even close.
    Bruce is, however, one of the best, if not THE best tacticians in the DCU. Big difference.

Bruce would only use his files against his teammates and friends if they went rogue or insane. Tony would use them if they simply disagreed with him. Totally different.
    Ah number 1 Captain America himself has said Tony is one of the best tacticians he's ever seen. So you don't know what you're talking about. To Tony using files on friends. It was a Civil War and that's what he did. I notice that if Batman does something underhanded it's considered cool and planning ahead. If Tony does it he's being a dick. How many times has Bruce screwed over the people that love him?! Please.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-11-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

He's not even that. Read some Iron Man comics and then Batman comics and I guarantee you won't see anything similar about them. If the two of them were in the same universe, Bruce would extremely dislike Tony. And vice versa.
    To the bold part. You should read MORE Iron Man comics if you think he's a bad tactician.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-11-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    To the bold part. You should read MORE Iron Man comics if you think he's a bad tactician lol.
    he, famously, outplayed Doctor Doom; in that war with Thor.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Ah number 1 Captain America himself has said Tony is one of the best tacticians he's ever seen.
    Can I have an issue # please?

So you don't know what you're talking about. To Tony using files on friends. It was a Civil War and that's what he did. I notice that if Batman does something underhanded it's considered cool and planning ahead. If Tony does it he's being a dick. How many times has Bruce screwed over the people that love him?! Please.
    Name on time Bruce has done that without cause or for their own good.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

To the bold part. You should read MORE Iron Man comics if you think he's a bad tactician.
    I've read plenty of IM comics. I guess instead of "bad" I should say that he's not in the same league as Cap or Batman.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he, famously, outplayed Doctor Doom; in that war with Thor.
    I don't remember this. What war with Thor?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Thing is that Cap was really fighting for most people and superheroes. The first Civil War actually affected all superheroes, whoever they were, they all had to register, and Tony was to blame for it. CW2? Pratically everyone there is into that mess because they want to, and Tony's actions are more because he blames Carol and Ulysses for Rhodey's death than for his beliefs.
    Hmm, that's a good point, too. The original Civil War was about larger ideals and causes, whether you agreed or disagreed with either or both of the sides presented. This Civil War boils down more to two leaders who are only on opposing sides because of how they've both chosen to handle their grief and guilt over Rhodey's death and have dragged the rest of the hero community into what is ultimately a very personal dispute, whatever highfalutin ideas about protecting or changing the future they might have started off with.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't remember this. What war with Thor?
    3 part "Standoff" storyline. I believe that it was during Geoff Johns Avengers run.

I've read plenty of IM comics. I guess instead of "bad" I should say that he's not in the same league as Cap or Batman.
    and Bruce isn't on Reed Richards' level...

3 part "Standoff" storyline. I believe that it was during Geoff Johns Avengers run.

Oh that story. Haven't read that since it came out. I'd have to read it again, but I don't remember Tony outsmarting Doom in that though.

and Bruce isn't on Reed Richards' level...

Because Tony beat Reed in a game of chess? Come on man!

Oh that story. Haven't read that since it came out. I'd have to read it again, but I don't remember Tony outsmarting Doom in that though.
    not really my problem. reread the last issue. Doom nearly spits his wine out.

Because Tony beat Reed in a game of chess? Come on man!
    it's a game of strategy. and he's beating Reed while explaining how he's going to outmaneuver an opponent. come on man.

it's a game of strategy. and he's beating Reed while explaining how he's going to outmaneuver an opponent. come on man.
    You're going to take one example from an Iron Man comic and say "See, Tony is the better tactician"?

not really my problem. reread the last issue. Doom nearly spits his wine out.
    I'll take your word for it. I don't feel like digging through my comics right now.