Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    No worries... Since you liked Carey did you ever try Legacy? I'm trying to see if its worth the time
    I pulled the trigger on those Legacy issues following AvX.. Gage wrote those though. Just to keep you in the loop since we were talking about it. I may go back later and get earlier issues of the series, but I wanted to start there. Cannonball, Iceman, and Gambit all show up in there so I had to.

I'll keep tabs on Sam's whereabouts.. even though I don't plan on reading this book. Could be just me, but I feel like Cannonball is above a book like this. If it gets good reviews and turns out he's a big player in it, perhaps I'll pick it up in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'll keep tabs on Sam's whereabouts.. even though I don't plan on reading this book. Could be just me, but I feel like Cannonball is above a book like this. If it gets good reviews and turns out he's a big player in it, perhaps I'll pick it up in trade.

Having rabidly enjoyed New Avengers I hope Cannonball gets an expanded role in USAvengers. Ewing's a great writer and has done fantastic things for Roberto, time to show Sam some love too.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

It just seems so off seeing X-Men in Avenger or GotG etc books like that

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Having rabidly enjoyed New Avengers I hope Cannonball gets an expanded role in USAvengers. Ewing's a great writer and has done fantastic things for Roberto, time to show Sam some love too.
    Is that Hickman's New Avengers or a more recent version? I know for a bit he was in Avengers World or whatever that was called but like ChildOfTheAtom said vvv

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    It just seems so off seeing X-Men in Avenger or GotG etc books like that

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Is that Hickman's New Avengers or a more recent version? I know for a bit he was in Avengers World or whatever that was called but like ChildOfTheAtom said vvv
    New Avengers post Hickman, the All New-All Different Marvel run written by Al Ewing. It follows Sunspot's takeover of A.I.M. and his team of Avengers. There's a lot of spy vs. spy/Silver Age goofy superheorics. It basically just runs on rule of cool and 'just have fun' in comics. I mean it features an arc with space Cthulhu and the American Kaiju (read: Godzilla with an American flag tattoo.). It's better than it sounds.

Cannonball popped in later in the series as one of Roberto's secret agents (Warlock later popped in as another New Mutants surprise) but didn't get to do much action wise aside from a few scenes, instead acting as Roberto's friend/confidant.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 11-09-2016 at 07:10 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Ah okay, okay. Then agree... time for Ewing to give Sam some love! haha

Here's the Cannonball concept for U.S.Avengers:

I kinda like it.. has a real classic pilot feel to it. Like Snoopy's Christmas lol.

Sam's had some nice designs over the years though. I really love the Carey/Bachalo era:

And I have to admit, his Avengers getup is pretty sharp:

A little excerpt from an interview with Al Ewing regarding Cannonball in U.S.Avengers:

What kinds of roles will Sunspot and Cannonball have on this new team? What’s it like writing their friendship on the large stage that they’re operating on in this book?

Sunspot and Cannonball are two best friends at very different points in their lives. Sunspot, born in Brazil, has become a full American citizen and is embracing his adopted country and his new home. Meanwhile, Cannonball, born in the U.S., is increasingly wanting to leave it. His true home is in the stars, with his wife and child — he’s just commuting to Earth now for work, and as a mutant, the Terrigen cloud roaming through Earth’s atmosphere could potentially sterilize or even kill him. So we’ve got that going on, plus the wealth disparity between them — Roberto is a son of money, used to getting his way, while Sam had to work down a mine to feed his family. They’re BFFs, but there’s a tension there that’ll occasionally show.

http://www.cbr.com/assembling-americ...with-al-ewing/

Ultimate Member

Actually the real Sam would be doing anything and everything that he could to help his friends and family back on Earth, he wouldn't just skip town so quickly so to speak. Sure he'd want to keep his family safe and all but...they'll be gone once his time on this book ends one way or another I'd wager so...

Cannonball's rocking the rocketeer look.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Actually the real Sam would be doing anything and everything that he could to help his friends and family back on Earth, he wouldn't just skip town so quickly so to speak. Sure he'd want to keep his family safe and all but...they'll be gone once his time on this book ends one way or another I'd wager so...
    You'd certainly think that. Especially because of the type of person Sam is. But he does have a family elsewhere... can't fault him for wanting to spend time with them (Looking at it from an in-story perspective and not from a reader's perspective. Can't just expect characters to not be there at the end of a run)

Ultimate Member

Yeah he has a wife/girlfriend and kid in outer space but he has close friends, a mother, and many siblings still here on Earth...it wouldn't be right of him given his history to just abandon them to spend time with his kid and such....besides like I said at the end of this more than likely the kid and such will be retconned away somehow anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah he has a wife/girlfriend and kid in outer space but he has close friends, a mother, and many siblings still here on Earth...it wouldn't be right of him given his history to just abandon them to spend time with his kid and such....besides like I said at the end of this more than likely the kid and such will be retconned away somehow anyway...
    You might be right, but you can't think like that. Cannonball obviously isn't thinking that. Kinda ruins the story, no?

Ultimate Member

Well was just pointing out that as soon as Sam is written by an X-writer again everything will probably be very different and if Sam knew what the mists were doing wouldn't he just take his siblings and mom with him, at least the ones that would die from them...