Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

It's sad, I read the title "TOMORROW'S LEADER OF MUTANTKIND, CANNONBALL APPRECIATION" for this thread and it dawned on me I don't consider Sam a mutant anymore...well a mutant who is part of the X-Verse.

It's funny, if you asked me a couple of years ago, "Who would be the leader of the X-Men in the future. I would have said Sam....without blinking an eye.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well was just pointing out that as soon as Sam is written by an X-writer again everything will probably be very different and if Sam knew what the mists were doing wouldn't he just take his siblings and mom with him, at least the ones that would die from them...
    You have a view of looking at everything from a reader/writer perspective. Which is fine. But I think that ruins the story for me. I have to think like the characters in the book think. And Sam wouldn't go "Aw man, once I'm written by an x-writer again, my family will be dead or gone." See what I'm saying?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It's sad, I read the title "TOMORROW'S LEADER OF MUTANTKIND, CANNONBALL APPRECIATION" for this thread and it dawned on me I don't consider Sam a mutant anymore...well a mutant who is part of the X-Verse.

It's funny, if you asked me a couple of years ago, "Who would be the leader of the X-Men in the future. I would have said Sam....without blinking an eye.
    I was careful about choosing the wording for the title of the thread... which is why I said Mutantkind and not X-Men.. because sadly, he's not an X-Man right now. And that sucks. And I hope before long he does come back.

I also based it pretty much on the fact that he was basically billed as the future leader since the early New Mutants days.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Do the Children show up in a later run I can't remember?
    Finished reading it... the students show up in Blinded by the Light.. the final arc before Messiah Complex for a little bit. Obviously with Blindfold being an important factor.

Ultimate Member

No, just that if Sam is so worried about his family in space being safe, wouldn't logic mean that he'd be just as worried about his siblings and his mother back on Earth...or did they just disappear to him like when Scott and Alex's father came back to life he visited Earth, picked up teen Scott and then went back into space without even bothering to say as much as a hello son to Alex the entire time...

Well I mean.. Ewing never said he didn't want to help on Earth. Only that it was dangerous and he wants to be with his wife and baby as much as possible

Ultimate Member

And leave his family to die...doesn't sound anything like Sam...ever...

Who said he's leaving anybody to die?

Ultimate Member

The writer makes it seem like Sam is only spending any time on Earth because he works there, like there's nothing else that would make him come to Earth besides that, totally ignoring his family which would cost several members of his family their lives when the mists come to them...he could easily just bring them into space with him but the writer doesn't seem to have any interest in that...both Sam and Roberto seem to be written pretty far apart from most of the X-world, part of why most if not all that's happen to both recently will just get retconned away or ignored when they leave the book...

Let's try to not bring up things being retconned or plans by future writers in future books for future stories... I can't have a conversation about characters in a story with that mentality. I understand why you would think those things.. because it's been done time and time again. But I can't read a story like that. I can't be enriched and immersed in a story with the thought that none of it matters. It takes everything away from the experience of reading it in the first place.

All we know is that Sam has a wife and kid not on Earth. However, he is working for/with his best friend... on Earth. And it's his obligation to be a super hero... on Earth. Where the majority of his family and friends live... which is why he's a super hero.. on Earth. I don't think he's neglecting anybody.

BANNED

Sam is and always will be my favorite male X-Man. He is SO sexy in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Sam is and always will be my favorite male X-Man. He is SO sexy in my eyes.
    Gotta be those thick, wavy locks and southern charm!

I hope they don't get rid of Sam's wife and kid. If any X-Men was meant to be a dad, it's Sam. Also, I don't want them fridged, and anything else would be too much like Cyclops abandoning Maddie.

Ultimate Member

Getting rid of his wife and kid would be far easier than the whole bit with Cyclops and Maddy though yeah I don't see Sam just abandoning them like Scott did. They could be on a shuttle or something or back with the Shi'ar and there's some alien attack...they die and that sends Sam back to Earth full time or something like that...or they're retconned away as the kid not being Sam's somehow or something crazy like that...

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I hope they don't get rid of Sam's wife and kid. If any X-Men was meant to be a dad, it's Sam. Also, I don't want them fridged, and anything else would be too much like Cyclops abandoning Maddie.
    Yes. Let him evolve and have a new family, despite every now and then it feel odd to us. If we love them, let our children break free and have their own children.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The writer makes it seem like Sam is only spending any time on Earth because he works there, like there's nothing else that would make him come to Earth besides that, totally ignoring his family which would cost several members of his family their lives when the mists come to them...he could easily just bring them into space with him but the writer doesn't seem to have any interest in that...both Sam and Roberto seem to be written pretty far apart from most of the X-world, part of why most if not all that's happen to both recently will just get retconned away or ignored when they leave the book...
    Roberto just made an appearance in the Uncanny Xmen Annual 1 which was actually good It might be an indication that him and Sam will be used more by the X Office.