Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Gotta be those thick, wavy locks and southern charm!

1.) You're absolutely right.
    2.) That's a fantastic picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Yes. Let him evolve and have a new family, despite every now and then it feel odd to us. If we love them, let our children break free and have their own children.
    I agree.. it's something that doesn't really happen. Heroes moving and doing other things elsewhere. Certainly at some point in the future I'd like to see Sam back on an x-team but his story is fun, because it's different.

I guess my favorite, off the top of my head, is Steal This Planet: A Rock Fable. Sam was so awkward with girls back then! Also, Bobby's reaction to the whole thing was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I guess my favorite, off the top of my head, is Steal This Planet: A Rock Fable. Sam was so awkward with girls back then! Also, Bobby's reaction to the whole thing was hilarious.
    Just found this for super cheap and bought it! Very excited to read it. Haven't read the super early stories.

Spectacular Member

All we know is that Sam has a wife and kid not on Earth. However, he is working for/with his best friend... on Earth. And it's his obligation to be a super hero... on Earth. Where the majority of his family and friends live... which is why he's a super hero.. on Earth. I don't think he's neglecting anybody.
    That sounds like those dads who never spend time with their wife and kids because they have a job and major obligations... That's still neglecting.

Ultimate Member

The writer just made it sound like he only came to Earth because he worked there, otherwise he wouldn't...

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    That sounds like those dads who never spend time with their wife and kids because they have a job and major obligations... That's still neglecting.
    Lol no one said neglecting his wife and kid either. Where is everyone getting this from?

BANNED

Is Izzy still with the Imperial Guard? Because I'd assume that she's just as busy as he is.

Spectacular Member

Lol no one said neglecting his wife and kid either. Where is everyone getting this from?
    I'm sorry, isn't that what we were talking about here? That Sam is just on Earth because he has "job" and the writing makes it seem that he has left his family?

Ultimate Member

The family that I'm saying that he'd be then ignoring would be his mother and his siblings, so far the writer has said nothing of them...and wouldn't the mist kill them all, so he'd be on Earth both to work and to save them, right...

I'm sorry, isn't that what we were talking about here? That Sam is just on Earth because he has "job" and the writing makes it seem that he has left his family?
    The family being ignored that LoganAlpha pointed out would be his biological family on Earth, to which I don't believe he is ignoring, he just grew up and wants to be with his own wife and child now. But he has a job on Earth and that job is to be a superhero... which would probably include saving his family if need be.

BANNED

The family being ignored that LoganAlpha pointed out would be his biological family on Earth, to which I don't believe he is ignoring, he just grew up and wants to be with his own wife and child now. But he has a job on Earth and that job is to be a superhero... which would probably include saving his family if need be.
    Exactly! Besides, how do we know that Sam isn't stopping in to see Ma and the kids? Just because it isn't shown on-panel doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Spectacular Member

Oh, no. I guess I really used a bad comparasion, I didn't mean Sam was the dad, I meant your example sounded LIKE the mentality of a negligent father. So, considering what you said I think that would make Sam a negligent son, because his duties shouldn't prevent him from spending time with his own family.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Exactly! Besides, how do we know that Sam isn't stopping in to see Ma and the kids? Just because it isn't shown on-panel doesn't mean it isn't happening.
    Agreed.. I think we can all agree that Sam isn't the type of person to just shut anybody close out of his life.

Oh, no. I guess I really used a bad comparasion, I didn't mean Sam was the dad, I meant your example sounded LIKE the mentality of a negligent father. So, considering what you said I think that would make Sam a negligent son, because his duties shouldn't prevent him from spending time with his own family.
    No, I'm sorry, I was just trying to emphasize the fact that even with a family of his own, he hasn't forgotten about his family on Earth.

Ultimate Member

I was saying that yeah the old Sam wouldn't let his family die from the terrigen mists going around the planet, that he'd do more than just visit his mother and siblings, that he'd come to Earth to rescue them and relocate them somewhere safe, then he'd go back to just working on Earth and being with his wife and kid...the writer just made it sound like his job was the only reason that Sam would even visit the Earth, like that there was nothing else for him here...that his family was totally out in space...