Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Maybe that's why he's a U.S.Avenger... we'll have to wait and see.

EWING READIES THE U.S.AVENGERS FOR DEPLOYMENT IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE

http://www.cbr.com/ewing-readies-the...rvel-universe/

Sunspot isn’t the only mutant on team; His best friend and fellow mutant Cannonball is also part of the group. How important will the plight of mutants be to this group? Can we expect the U.S. Avengers to get involved in the conflict between mutants and Inhumans?

Undoubtedly, huge swathes of A.I.M. have been tasked with solving the problem of Terrigen poisoning – although probably less now than when Roberto was an entirely free agent – but so have a whole bunch of other people, and the problem remains a problem. As for directly assisting one side or another in the conflict – that might be very difficult for someone in Roberto’s position to manage, even if anyone tells him their plans ahead of time. Which would, I’m sure, be another frustration for him.
    That's the closest we get to anything involving Cannonball... is that he's Sunspot's best friend. Not very exciting.

BANNED

I wouldn't worry overly much about Sam in USAvengers. I think Ewing will have fun with him. He's certainly earned optimism from this reader, as both New Avengers and the Ultimates have been an absolute delight to read.

Sam's featured in an animatic for the New Mutants movie, and there is also a casting rumor for the character:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...in-nat-a147035

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

He was up for Spider-Man but apparently he's our new Sam (21) 6'1. Worked with Boone previously

I'm cool with it.. wish he had blonde hair and (the ability to grow) a little more scruff, but depending on how old Sam is in the movie, no big deal.

"All-American", Appalachian, blonde haired, blue eyed, big brother Samuel Guthrie....and this is who they come up with? Geez Fox, just when I thought you all might actually do an X-team right for once...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Anyone know what happened to your son?

Do you like the idea of him as a father and connected with the Shi'ar empire?

Ultimate Member

The father thing is fine and in the end where I'd expect Sam to be, the whole Shi'ar bit seems like something done to make him ally with this team more though I don't expect this new family to last for years and such unless Smasher and their kid stay in Shi'ar space and are basically forgotten about like other Marvel kids...

Smasher's already been forgotten. Her only actual appearance since Secret Wars was in Nova - and neither the name Izzy nor Smasher was mentioned, nor her history with the Avengers, she was just treated as a generic guard! Of course New Avengers has briefly noted that she exists. Maybe she'll pop up in either U.S.Avengers or Royals? Both Ewing books (if anyone's going to remember details from Hickman's run it's him), and she has story reason to justify an appearance in either.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Smasher's already been forgotten. Her only actual appearance since Secret Wars was in Nova - and neither the name Izzy nor Smasher was mentioned, nor her history with the Avengers, she was just treated as a generic guard! Of course New Avengers has briefly noted that she exists. Maybe she'll pop up in either U.S.Avengers or Royals? Both Ewing books (if anyone's going to remember details from Hickman's run it's him), and she has story reason to justify an appearance in either.
    She also had a cameo in Ultimates (Also a Ewing book)
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

With the Blue and Gold teams being announced today, it seems the teasers are pretty up front with who's in each book. With that in mind... Sam DOES appear on the teaser for Generation X, along with a lot of the New Mutants

BANNED

I don't see Sam pulling double duty on this. For better or worse, he's an Avenger right now.

I don't really see it either, but it is worth mentioning me thinks.

BANNED

Oh, I agree, especially since they isolated him in one of those shards there. And I'd personally KILL to have a Sam-and-Dani-as-co-headmasters-of-a-new-Xavier-Institute book.