Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Has anyone Mentioned ReBoot.
    It seems to me that Reboot has many people who fondly remember the show. Shadow Raiders (War Planets in the US) is another story. It seems no one even knew this existed even in the 90's. That's too bad, it was a good show.

Other shows:
    Battle of the Planets (it seems everyone remembers G-Force over the first adaptation of Gatchaman)
    Spiral Zone
    Bionic Six
    Exosquad (How did this not be huge? Great show, great toys, it should have been massively popular, but now is largely forgotten. They couldn't even sell enough season 1 DVD sets to justify a season 2 set.)
    Here is Greenwood (not many know about this very quirky OVA based on the manga, even though its been dubbed and released by two separate anime distributors.)

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    It seems to me that Reboot has many people who fondly remember the show. Shadow Raiders (War Planets in the US) is another story. It seems no one even knew this existed even in the 90's. That's too bad, it was a good show.

Other shows:
    Battle of the Planets (it seems everyone remembers G-Force over the first adaptation of Gatchaman)
    Spiral Zone
    Bionic Six
    Exosquad (How did this not be huge? Great show, great toys, it should have been massively popular, but now is largely forgotten. They couldn't even sell enough season 1 DVD sets to justify a season 2 set.)
    Here is Greenwood (not many know about this very quirky OVA based on the manga, even though its been dubbed and released by two separate anime distributors.)
    Well, G-Force was shown on the Turner networks, whereas Battle of the Planets was a syndicated show. It sold like gangbusters, though, when Rhino launched the dvd collections

Bionic Six was late for me, as I was in college. i saw it when I got home from my midshipman training cruise, while my mother was living in St Louis. It was on the local channel, as well as Voltron and Robotech.

Me, I kid of preferred Star Blazers over Voltron and Robotech and Battle of the Planets was vastly superior to G-Force, except in a few areas. G-Force was more faithful to the original Japanese plot and included some different episodes not in the Sandy Frank collection. BOTP had better voice acting and the original music, plus a kick-ass Hoyt Curtain theme song. G-Force had ehadache-inducing new incidental music and childish names for the characters.

Few remember Eagle Riders, as it was barely syndicated, by Saban (cobbled form Gatchaman II and Gatchaman F).

Hoyt Curtain's awesome theme, and William Woodson's narration:

G-Force

Gatchaman

And just for fun.......

ANIMETAL!!!!!

Starblazers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Me, I kid of preferred Star Blazers over Voltron and Robotech and Battle of the Planets was vastly superior to G-Force, except in a few areas. G-Force was more faithful to the original Japanese plot and included some different episodes not in the Sandy Frank collection. BOTP had better voice acting and the original music, plus a kick-ass Hoyt Curtain theme song. G-Force had ehadache-inducing new incidental music and childish names for the characters.
    Yes, the opening and closing theme song for Battle of the Planets is, IMHO, one of the best opening and closing theme songs ever done.

I tried to watch G-Force, but that damn continuous bass beat they insisted on playing throughout every episodes pretty much made it unwatchable. I'll take the horrible 7-Zark-7 over G-Force's music any day.

Few remember Eagle Riders, as it was barely syndicated, by Saban (cobbled form Gatchaman II and Gatchaman F).
    That's because Eagle Riders was terrible. Granted, Gatchaman II and F are pale sequels to the original Gatchaman, but still, Saban managed to turn this into unwatchable dreck. It actually deserves to be forgotten.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Ok, who remembers this show and comic?

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Hoyt Curtain's awesome theme, and William Woodson's narration:

I was completely obsessed with this show as a kid. The Japanese made a live-action Gatchaman movie in 2013 but for some bizarre reason it hasn't been released in the west yet, even though the recent Space Battleship Yamato movie was released over here without any problems.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    or ROCKET ROBIN HOOD
    I remember Rocket Robin Hood! Used to watch it when I was a young kid, disappeared from tv completely afterwards.

Does anyone remember Marine Boy? They showed it in the UK in the mid-seventies, IIRC.

Anyone else remember a badass cartoon called Space Sentinels (1977)?

This show featured a multicultural trio of superheroes named Hercules, Mercury and Astrea who lived on a spaceship hidden in a volcano and took their marching orders from a giant holographic head named Sentinel One and his wacky robot sidekick.

The thing I remember most vividly is that they had these transparent plastic tubes that would descend from the ceiling to encase them and then launch them into space like missiles when action called. Quicker than using the door I suppose.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

I remember them. I thought the girl's name was Athena?

Havent seen it since i was a kid but i use to love that Gummy bears cartoon as a kid. I just remember they drank some potion and then they would get bouncing powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I remember them. I thought the girl's name was Athena?
    Not according to Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Sentinels