Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

BJ and the Bear

Riptide

It's Your Move (old Jason Bateman sitcom)

One Step Beyond was a show in the vein of Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits but seems less well known today. I watched it in reruns in the 80's but remember almost nothing about it. Supposedly all of the episodes were based on true stories:

"For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    One Step Beyond was a show in the vein of Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits but seems less well known today. I watched it in reruns in the 80's but remember almost nothing about it. Supposedly all of the episodes were based on true stories:

I was just about to mention that one until I scrolled down and saw your post. Do we have a psychic bond?

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Riptide
    Ah yeah, i remember that one, with the ugly ass little robot and the helicopter.

That was kinda fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I was just about to mention that one until I scrolled down and saw your post. Do we have a psychic bond?
    *Cue Twilight Zone music*
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    It's Your Move (old Jason Bateman sitcom)
    I have a fond memory of this - Bateman played a teenager who was constantly at war with the neighbor who was interested in his single mother. After "Silver Spoons" Bateman was beginning to get typecast as a trouble-maker. Fun show though in terms of how the two were always scheming against each other.

Dear John, late 80s sitcom with Judd Hirsch of Taxi. Left by his wife, John joins a singles group. Not as good as Taxi, but fairly decent for the era. Definitely forgotten:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    Dear John, late 80s sitcom with Judd Hirsch of Taxi. Left by his wife, John joins a singles group. Not as good as Taxi, but fairly decent for the era. Definitely forgotten:

If you actually thought this was ok, it seems like it was based on a BBC series. Could be worth looking into.

As for the NBC version, I think it may have switched time slots at least once back in the day. That was usually a tough go back then.

Dear John, late 80s sitcom with Judd Hirsch of Taxi. Left by his wife, John joins a singles group. Not as good as Taxi, but fairly decent for the era. Definitely forgotten
    I think of this show every time Jere Burns shows up on something. (he was great on "Justified" and still playing some form of low-life jerk. )

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

A 1963 64 show that was ahead of its time. It featured stories about racism, child abuse, drug abuse, violence, unemployment, an exhausted, failing welfare system ...all of the social problems of the inner city. Too controversial for its day, the show was cancelled after one season.

&

2 fun old toons from the 80's.

One made you want to drive a Monster Truck. The Other made you afraid to turn off your lights at night because there were monsters under your house!

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    ESPN's Playmakers
    Lol i loved that show with Cuba gooding Jr baby brother and the black dude from Grim. Omar gooding but iono other guys name

Mighty Member

What about Ralph Bakshi's Mighty Mouse The All New Adventures from 1987 to 1988?

Definitely not forgotten...by me, anyway heh heh. A forgotten Hirsch show would be the one he did with Bob Newhart. I don't even remember the name of that one.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell
    a great TV Mini nobody watched after an awesome novel
    exactly the right mix of Fantasy and Humor