Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default What Trump's win should tell us about X-Men and Fox

First of all let me say this, I did not vote in the election. to those who are shocked at the result , I am not. after UK decided to leave the EU. anything was possible.

Now, Since X-Men was always a social and political series at the heart of the books that reflected real life. I thought I should dwell on the election. this election has proven, people do not conform to the same formula and do not want to be bound by the same rules, neither are they interested in a monopoly establishment.

There is a huge Disney establishment in Hollywood, Disney has amassed everything and a lot of us are against Disney gaining control of everything even with the protection that comes along with it. just look at how the media and even critics have protected a lot of the awful disney marvel movies like age of ultron, thor 2, ant-man , iron man 2 and iron man 3.while at the same time demonising Apocalypse , A film comfortably better than the weaker marvel movies with a better villain than what we have seen in the mcu

We don't want X-Men under the disney monopoly establishment that controls more than 65% of Hollywood. we need options and something different to the disney monopoly rule of comic book movies and x-men is that option ,for the reason that we know disney has nothing to offer x-men apart from shallow and superficial l marvel formula movies.

I hope Fox keeps the rights and I hope x-men fans stand their ground and support fox despite all the negativity and backlash fox and x-men fans seems to be getting because most of them have refused to let their series become part of the MCU disney establishment and fox would rightfully not give the rights back.

yes, apocalypse was a middle road film but we have had DOFP, Deadpool, X-Men 1, First Class and X-Men 2 and hopeful Logan. Movies that disney would have found too complex , too dark, too grounded and too serious for their disney audiences that are only into flashy cgi movies with a thin and oversimplified plot.

the Trump win has electrified me more about x-men and I will continue to be a supporter of X-Men staying at fox and far way from mcu disney. politics and pop culture, it does not matter, people are tired of the establishment and being forced even to the point of bullying to conform to only one form of entertainment, politics or lifestyle.
    Last edited by Selina; 11-09-2016 at 08:11 AM. Reason: wrong title

hey antman was great! the others were indeed crap dressed nicely though. CW only avoiding being called crap cause of the airport scene that saves it from being too obviously the same crap we got from BvS.

The American people literally voted an X-Men villain for POTUS smh... Robert Kelly smiling in his grave.

Oh yeah, I agree. The fact we got three separate cinematic universes is a good thing. The XMCU, MCU, and DCEU should be kept apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The American people literally voted an X-Men villain for POTUS smh... Robert Kelly smiling in his grave.
    Exactly. Its essentially the mutant registration act.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Don't do this...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    hey antman was great! the others were indeed crap dressed nicely though. CW only avoiding being called crap cause of the airport scene that saves it from being too obviously the same crap we got from BvS.
    Urgh the airport scene was the worst part of the film because of how joked filled it was. if people want to see a real physical and political war , they should x-men 2 when nightcralwer tries to kill the president. the intensity of that scene mups the entire civil war movie

civil war was okay but the film was still simplistic and straightforward in story telling. disney likes it that way for kids to keep up with the movie. x-men should not be confined to those set of rules.
    Last edited by Selina; 11-09-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Don't do this...
    this times 10

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    this times 10
    This a million times!

Selina I get that you like a good debate from your other posts, but this is so unnecessary. Part of the reason people enjoy comics and discussing them is to escape real life concerns, and issues.

Shut. It. Down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    this times 10
    Isnt this what X-Men is about. the social and political commentary. the man who made x-men significant for this chris calremont even recently spoke about how frustrated he is on the way disney is treating x-men.

BANNED

I'm praying for Cable to come back in time to set things right with extreme prejudice.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    Selina I get that you like a good debate from your other posts, but this is so unnecessary. Part of the reason people enjoy comics and discussing them is to escape real life concerns, and issues.
    its weird that you say this because x-men was the MARVEL comics used to reflect real life. or have you fogotten.

mutant persecution - racism

DOFP is basically jews in world wold 2.

the legacy virus was about aids.

Northstar's wedding was about gay marriage.

that is what x-men has been about and now I see the parallel here again.

it is x-men vs the disney establishment, and if trump can be the establishment, I have hope x-men will do so by not becoming part of the disney establishment.