Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    I am not a trump supporter, I preferred obama to trump and hilary. however I have to admire how a person can win the presidency by not been part of the establishment...rejected by the establishment.

I likened it to x-men. x-men is not part of the disney establishment and the series can and should still forge ahead with everything working against it. that is what Donald did and I admire him for it.

disney wants to kill X-Men but x-men should still keep living on.
    The irony of this statement is that Trump IS part of the establishment. He was born into, a product of, and participant in the same big money ruling class that has been so damaging to our economy over the last 40 years. He's another of the Wall Street "trickle down" charlatans, and he just pulled one of THE biggest con jobs in American history by hoodwinking millions of working class Americans into believing he ACTUALLY has their best interests at heart, despite decades of fraud, discrimination, and general screwing over of his workers (the first of those lawsuits begins next month, in fact) that says otherwise.

I am not a trump supporter, I preferred obama to trump and hilary. however I have to admire how a person can win the presidency by not been part of the establishment...rejected by the establishment.

I likened it to x-men. x-men is not part of the disney establishment and the series can and should still forge ahead with everything working against it. that is what Donald did and I admire him for it.

disney wants to kill X-Men but x-men should still keep living on.
    wasn't referring to you. Trump took advantage of the anti-establishment wave that the RNC, inadvertently, created when they supported the Tea Party. they ignored the low brow bigotry of that movement; thought they could use the tea party as a weapon against a black president (who, mind you, kept tax breaks, continued war efforts, and put forward what was Romneycare). and this isn't speculation on my part. republicans admitted to it; when it came down to Ted Cruz and Trump as their candidates. poor old John Boehner died at the hands of a monster he helped create. the cornerstone of this movement is xenophobia. I think that it is an insult to compare the X-Men movie franchise to this.

I don't know how anyone can support Trump and call themselves and X-men fan. Hillary is bad too but Trump is on a whole other level.

BANNED

First of all let me say this, this is partially my fault.
    Fixed that for you. I'm sure the rest of your post is adorable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I don't know how anyone can support Trump and call themselves and X-men fan. Hillary is bad too but Trump is on a whole other level.
    People like X men for different reasons, don't bring they "true fans" stuff here.

Well look at it this way, Wolverine Enemy of the State was about chickens coming home to roost.

Well after decades of the USA installing scummy, destructive sociopaths as leaders in the global south. Well the USA just installed a scummy destructive sociopath in the USA.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Is this how it's going to be everywhere I go now?

And to make it clearly, The X-Men was built on the backdrop of social injustice in America. It's the main reason why this franchise is one of the most successful of Marvel properties. You may like it for "other reasons", but lets not get confused on that.

Congrats to those who got what they wanted from this election. I hope you respect that people are a little worried about their futures currently.
    Last edited by StephenFoxMonster; 11-09-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Is this how it's going to be everywhere I go now?

And to make it clearly, The X-Men was built on the metaphor of social injustice. It's the main reason why this franchise is one of the most successful of Marvel properties. You may like it for "other reasons", but lets not get confused on that.

Congrats to those who got what they wanted from this election. I hope you respect that people are a little worried about their futures currently.
    Yeah, I am sympathizing with Magneto and Scott a little more now.

"Cyclops was right!"

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sooo easy to spot the trump supporters. but it is probably for the best to close this thread. not everyone can be reasoned with.
    I voted Jill I'm antiwar 1st.

but I did watch a night of friends calling each other names and flinging this crap around so the Dragon beat the Harpy and my unicorn never had a chance.

Most of us on here are better than that. We just want to move on to solving problems instead of causing a Schism that causes good people against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

"Cyclops was right!"
    I don't know how Scott turned evil (I'm still in the 90s eras of comics rn), but I'm assuming it's a situation similar to this. A feeling that you can never win and you will forever be fighting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

"Cyclops was right!"
    ? OK now that's weird

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I don't know how Scott turned evil (I'm still in the 90s eras of comics rn), but I'm assuming it's a situation similar to this. A feeling that you can never win and you will forever be fighting.
    Nobody knows either, marvel just said he's Hitler and we made fun of their pathetic attempt at turning him into a villain

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post

but I did watch a night of friends calling each other names and flinging this crap around so the Dragon beat the Harpy and my unicorn never had a chance.

Most of us on here are better than that. We just want to move on to solving problems instead of causing a Schism that causes good people against each other.
    I honestly hope schism can be avoided. We really don't need that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post

What? Hillary Clinton abandoned her progressive base, I am in New York and I also voted Stine. She still won the popular vote not that it mattered. Stine isn't to blame, progressives aren't to blame. Hillary Can only blame her self.

And the Democratic party for not choosing Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Nobody knows either, marvel just said he's Hitler and we made fun of their pathetic attempt at turning him into a villain
    Wait a minute... They never explained why Cyclops was a villain? Ok.... Wow.