Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 90
  1. #46
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Congrats to those who got what they wanted from this election. I hope you respect that people are a little worried about their futures currently.
    "Respect" is a swear word to those people. Respect died screaming last night, and will never return.

  2. #47
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I honestly hope schism can be avoided. We really don't need that right now.
    I think republicans realised they can get votes by pandering to Latinos so they're very unlikely to screw them over too much. After all I'm sure there is a lot of radicals over there but they must have realised that Democrats screwed themselves because they weren't united

  3. #48
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Wait a minute... They never explained why Cyclops was a villain? Ok.... Wow.
    He's a villain because he nearly died in prison for killing Xavier, and rather than come up with some other way to repent after escaping he decided to run to the woods and make idle threats at the government.

  4. #49
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    He's a villain because he nearly died in prison for killing Xavier, and rather than come up with some other way to repent after escaping he decided to run to the woods and make idle threats at the government.
    This has nothing to do with anything, by the way, just that the OP has the audacity to not use their voice last night but decides instead to use it on a goddamn comic book forum.

  5. #50
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Wait a minute... They never explained why Cyclops was a villain? Ok.... Wow.
    They said he's Hitler and we're supossed to roll with it, I haven't seen his 6m dead, world war 3 or missile strikes. So I have my doubts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    "Respect" is a swear word to those people. Respect died screaming last night, and will never return.
    Hey you're the guy that misquoted me out of context in your signature ... Not cool buddy not cool, and a bit disrespectful considering you only quote part of my full statement

  6. #51
    Mighty Member Likewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    ? OK now that's weird
    He(Cyclops) takes things to the next level, Now I see....Yeah you got to take things to the next level.

  7. #52
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    Urgh the airport scene was the worst part of the film because of how joked filled it was. if people want to see a real physical and political war , they should x-men 2 when nightcralwer tries to kill the president. the intensity of that scene mups the entire civil war movie

    civil war was okay but the film was still simplistic and straightforward in story telling. disney likes it that way for kids to keep up with the movie. x-men should not be confined to those set of rules.
    No the airport scene sucks because Spider-Man would beat captain America. Also........this is completely different thread from way I expected

  8. #53
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    No the airport scene sucks because Spider-Man would beat captain America.
    Okay, pump your brakes there, friend. Spider-Man in this flick is literally a kid who had his powers for 6 months. Captain America (who, by the way, also has superhuman abilities) has YEARS of combat experience and professional training. So if that's your reasoning for why that scene "sucked", your logic sucks.

  9. #54
    Incredible Member SicariiDC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Murda Mass
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Yeah the x-men symbolize prejudice. Yeah, Trump is prejudice. What other connections are you really trying to make? And your not even talking about comics, but x-men movies? Is this real life?
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

  10. #55
    Mighty Member Likewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Yeah the x-men symbolize prejudice. Yeah, Trump is prejudice. What other connections are you really trying to make? And your not even talking about comics, but x-men movies? Is this real life?
    or is this fantasy

    Lost in a landslide, no escape from reality.
    Open your eyes, look up the sky and see.

  11. #56
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    First of all let me say this, I did not vote in the election. to those who are shocked at the result , I am not. after UK decided to leave the EU. anything was possible.

    Now, Since X-Men was always a social and political series at the heart of the books that reflected real life. I thought I should dwell on the election. this election has proven, people do not conform to the same formula and do not want to be bound by the same rules, neither are they interested in a monopoly establishment.

    There is a huge Disney establishment in Hollywood, Disney has amassed everything and a lot of us are against Disney gaining control of everything even with the protection that comes along with it. just look at how the media and even critics have protected a lot of the awful disney marvel movies like age of ultron, thor 2, ant-man , iron man 2 and iron man 3.while at the same time demonising Apocalypse , A film comfortably better than the weaker marvel movies with a better villain than what we have seen in the mcu

    We don't want X-Men under the disney monopoly establishment that controls more than 65% of Hollywood. we need options and something different to the disney monopoly rule of comic book movies and x-men is that option ,for the reason that we know disney has nothing to offer x-men apart from shallow and superficial l marvel formula movies.

    I hope Fox keeps the rights and I hope x-men fans stand their ground and support fox despite all the negativity and backlash fox and x-men fans seems to be getting because most of them have refused to let their series become part of the MCU disney establishment and fox would rightfully not give the rights back.


    yes, apocalypse was a middle road film but we have had DOFP, Deadpool, X-Men 1, First Class and X-Men 2 and hopeful Logan. Movies that disney would have found too complex , too dark, too grounded and too serious for their disney audiences that are only into flashy cgi movies with a thin and oversimplified plot.

    the Trump win has electrified me more about x-men and I will continue to be a supporter of X-Men staying at fox and far way from mcu disney. politics and pop culture, it does not matter, people are tired of the establishment and being forced even to the point of bullying to conform to only one form of entertainment, politics or lifestyle.
    Your rhetoric is inherently flawed.
    Fox is going to retool their X-Men universe, following "all the negativity and backlash", possibly without the usual suspects of Magneto-Xavier-Mystique.
    So, for all the criticism you've been laying at Fox's detractors, seems like they were on point about the changes that needed to occur to save this franchise.

    Your contempt for MCU and its audience reflects badly on yourself however. Throwing the word establishment every other sentence like D.Trump isn't helping either.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  12. #57
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,100

    Default

    Selina :
    Your rhetoric is similar to Clinton's rhetoric. Both are flawed.
    to those who are shocked at the result , I am not. after UK decided to leave the EU. anything was possible.
    logical decisions of people. i didn't vote because i don't live in us.
    I thought I should dwell on the election. this election has proven, people do not conform to the same formula and do not want to be bound by the same rules, neither are they interested in a monopoly establishment.
    democrats ignored largest group of people for many years. They were unhappy so they vote against them (not because Trump is best). I had similar story year ago in my country and i enjoyed it.
    We don't want X-Men under the disney monopoly establishment that controls more than 65% of Hollywood.
    most of us want good movies. We may have different definition of good but good is more important than who has the rights.

  13. #58
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    What? Hillary Clinton abandoned her progressive base, I am in New York and I also voted Stine. She still won the popular vote not that it mattered. Stine isn't to blame, progressives aren't to blame. Hillary Can only blame her self.

    And the Democratic party for not choosing Bernie.
    Debbie and Donna too. They did not rig this hard enough.

  14. #59
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Trump is prejudice.
    Documenting a population is not prejudice.
    Vetting new comers so that immigrants fleeing persecution can be guaranteed a safe haven is not prejudice either because it is judging someone based on an investigation.

    It's common sense. The whole open borders thing is doomed to fail nonsense. It only benefits: drug, weapons and human traffickers. Somehow we have to give up: all of our privacy, data and be monitored by the NSA while keeping all doors open for strangers we are suddenly forbidden to know anything about?
    Last edited by DDD; 11-09-2016 at 10:46 PM.

  15. #60
    Mighty Member Likewater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Documenting a population is not prejudice.
    Vetting new comers so that immigrants fleeing persecution can be guaranteed a safe haven is not prejudice either because it is judging someone based on an investigation.

    It's common sense. The whole open borders thing is doomed to fail nonsense. It only benefits: drug, weapons and human traffickers. Somehow we have to give up: all of our privacy, data and be monitored by the NSA while keeping all doors open for strangers we are suddenly forbidden to know anything about?
    the United States has stringent immigration policies, some of the roughest in the world.

    The United States does not have open boarders, The Unites States exports weapons and drugs are imported because of demand have have a black market due to the drug war.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •