Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Really? A Reboot?

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

I couldn't agree less. I think a reboot is exactly what this franchise needs.

Losing Singer is a breath of fresh air, imo. Starting over with a younger cast (plus Deadpool, of course) and a long-term plan might be the best thing they could do for the franchise.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Fox X-Men has such a loose continuity that it doesn't really need a reboot. A recast and new story would accomplish the same goals. That being said, I don't think the new cast is at all the problem, so I don't think it'd be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I couldn't agree less. I think a reboot is exactly what this franchise needs.
    Yep. Been sayin' that. Get rid of Singer and get somebody who actually gets the X-Men to spearhead the whole thing...

BANNED

Fox has just announced they're proceeding with Deadpool 3 and X-Force. So while they may shift the direction of the franchise, if not replace Singer and Kinberg entirely, I highly doubt we're getting a total reset.

We're probably going to see Sheridan, Turner, Shipp, and Smit-McPhee take over the "core" franchise, with McAvoy, Hoult, and Fassbender retained in more of a supporting role. Lawerence is likely not going to return, but Mystique is pretty easy to recast due to the nature of her powers. This will maintain the past setting (though please no more decade hopping, let the timeline pass in relatively real-time for a bit).

Deadpool will be set in the present day, possibly alongside New Mutants. These will eventually build up towards the future we'll be seeing in Logan

X-Force, and potentially the Wolverine franchise now led by Keen's X-23, will be set in the future, along with possibly DP and New Mutants once those franchises catch up with the timeline, with X-Force itself becoming the "core" franchise of the future setting.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-09-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Cool my the 1st movie be a simple intro of them stopping a magic powered Juggernaut with Disney/Marvel working with them like Sony.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Fox were leaning in this direction. This does seem to be a good time to start fresh and go in a new direction. Singer is gone once more. X-men: Apocalypse under-performed. And there's more uncertainty with Deadpool now that it has lost its director. We've seen with X3 how that can hurt a franchise. It may be a safer bet, in the long run, to just try and start fresh.

I think this is what Fox should've done with X-men First Class, but they insisted on tying things together with the original cast. That may have worked for Days of Future Past, but it only delayed the inevitable. With Hugh Jackman leaving, the entire franchise will need its share of fresh blood and there's only so much Ryan Reynolds can do with Deadpool. I think New Mutants could offer an intriguing possibility, but I also think that the added presence of Legion could shake things up as well. Fox hasn't had a chance to develop the X-men on TV before. Now, they're doing just that. It could open some tantalizing new opportunities, but it could also backfire horribly like we saw with F4. And I don't think Fox could afford that right now.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Fox has just announced they're proceeding with Deadpool 3 and X-force.
    Awesome. It might be a total shitfest, but I'm really looking forward to X-Force (yes, even if Laura is part of it ).

Every report reads differently, and a few of them leave out the rumor that Kinberg wants Fassbender, Macavoy and JLaw back. This franchise "reconfigure" is probably just them pushing the New Mutants as the next X-men team.

Didn't First Class/DoFP already do that?

I like Jackman's Wolverine and all, but I think his stardom is overstated. It's not like his solo movies have been huge.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Every report reads differently, and a few of them leave out the rumor that Kinberg wants Fassbender, Macavoy and JLaw back. This franchise "reconfigure" is probably just them pushing the New Mutants as the next X-men team.
    As I understand it the original plan was for them to return, however that may not happen if Fox is forcing a direction change. Though I'd at least retain McAvoy and Hoult in a supporting role, but let the kids (Sheridan, Turner, Shipp, and Smit-McPhee specifically) take over the lead of the franchise.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Hmm... Gen-X/ New Mutants hybrid cast with a couple main roster X-Men; enemies can be more visceral like MLF (non time traveling) / Marauders or larger scale like the Phalanx or Nimrod and Prime Sentinels.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Ain't nothing there suggesting that Apocalypse's younger castmembers will be recast so cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Ain't nothing there suggesting that Apocalypse's younger castmembers will be recast so cool.
    Agreed, I think calling it a reboot isn't accurate. More likely as I said before it will be a shift in creative direction and planning, and potentially creative team, as well.