Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Start from Deadpool. Go with The X-men mentioned in that film. That Colossus, Negasonic, and build from there. Go with that vision of a reboot.
    Not under Kinberg no. I'd only want a hard reboot once he's gone.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Start from Deadpool. Go with The X-men mentioned in that film. That Colossus, Negasonic, and build from there. Go with that vision of a reboot.
    That could definitely work just don't include Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Not under Kinberg no. I'd only want a hard reboot once he's gone.
    He's got 9 lives after DoFP & The Martian.

At this point something's better than nothing. It's sad but I'll still see it regardless unfortunately. I'll talk **** the whole production though.

I will never endorse a reboot.

Reboots are the stupidest trend in Hollywood, and I want them nowhere near this franchise.

they have been reporting this reboot since Apocalypse started filming. The real deciding factors will always be the success of the movies. Apocalypse still made a profit because of the lower budget and people still love Ryan Reynolds, plus Logan has had almost all positive reaction. I just don't see them completely starting over. If they ever do they might as well tie it to the MCU since they might view it as something riskier to start over without the ties to the other movies.

I'm not against or for a reboot cause given that everyone is doing the shared universe thing, it's not exactly something novel so continuity between movies matters not to me. I want entertaining movies and I want them to use the new cast from Apocalypse more since they were the highlight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    The only X-Men movie that I liked was First Class. That's it. That's it. That. Is. It. Breaks my heart to say it.

Give the rights back to marvel so we can have the MCU with mutants. Sigh. lol (not going to happen, I know)
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 11-09-2016 at 08:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    That could definitely work just don't include Deadpool
    They can have Deadpool exist in the rebooted universe. Which this Series DESPERATELY needs.
    Deadpool and the FF can have their section, and the X-men theirs.

NONE of the older actors whose contracts are up. Even some of the new ones. Start new. Get a new team under new writers, etc.

This series should have ended on a high note, Hopefully Logan can do this.

Logan is being WIDELY and HIGHLY praised. Just from that trailer. I'm sure it'll deliver. It'd be fitting for the series of movies to end with Logan... with the actor who's been the face of the franchise for 17 years but the time the movies comes out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Logan is being WIDELY and HIGHLY praised. Just from that trailer. I'm sure it'll deliver. It'd be fitting for the series of movies to end with Logan... with the actor who's been the face of the franchise for 17 years but the time the movies comes out.
    Lots of movies have great trailers but the actual film itself stunk. We can be cautiously optimistic, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than face soul-crushing disappointment (already lived through that with the Prequel Trilogy).

The continuity is an absolute mess. This is time for a clean slate. And reboot doesn't mean they have to recast the young actors, they can go the Judi Dench route.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Lots of movies have great trailers but the actual film itself stunk. We can be cautiously optimistic, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than face soul-crushing disappointment (already lived through that with the Prequel Trilogy).
    I need to admit that I liked first trailer for Fant4stic

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The continuity is an absolute mess. This is time for a clean slate. And reboot doesn't mean they have to recast the young actors, they can go the Judi Dench route.
    Yooooooooo they did pretend M was the same in every bond. Your right!

Apparently the Dark Phoenix saga is next! Which would line up with what the producers have said that they wanted to try to do better this time around. http://lrmonline.com/news/lrm-hot-ru...rk-phoenix-fly

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Apparently the Dark Phoenix saga is next! Which would line up with what the producers have said that they wanted to try to do better this time around. http://lrmonline.com/news/lrm-hot-ru...rk-phoenix-fly
    How reliable is that site?

I really hoped they wait till Sophie was close to 30 so we could grow with her character