Page 102 of 117 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1745
    BANNED

It's perfectly fine to bring up Hank and Jan's relationship without bringing up its nadir. It's not a "retcon", it's just a reminiscent flashback of sorts to the good times, and there's nothing wrong with that, especially given how iconic the two are.

Honestly people like the author of that article should not be given the time of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    That article frankly pisses me off. I mean how long do some comic readers think we should be punishing and bringing up the Hank and Janet abuse story over and over and OVER again?! Every time, EVERY time, the writers try and move past it and give the think the respectful closure it deserves and have Janet and Hank either reconcile or move on whilst remaining friends and allies, this whole vocal minority decries it. Do we want Hank to be defined as Ultron maker and Wife hitter forever? Because that concept should have run its course years ago.
    It looks like another article about nothing. I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    It's perfectly fine to bring up Hank and Jan's relationship without bringing up its nadir. It's not a "retcon", it's just a reminiscent flashback of sorts to the good times, and there's nothing wrong with that, especially given how iconic the two are.

Honestly people like the author of that article should not be given the time of day.
    Exactly. It wasn't a retcon, it was simply highlighting the good and omitting the bad. Because at the end of the day, there has been a lot more good than bad in their relationship. Why always focusing on this one thing, while silencing the fact that they had been very happy for a very long time before, and after this.

I don't think the author knows what a retcon is.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Disappointed to see Marvel relaunch a horrible book about a horrible character (Nadia) that got cancelled for extremely low sales. But more than that, the whole character of Nadia debases the characters of Hank and Janet. I sincerely hope she’s somehow retconnedas not being Hank’s daughter before he comes back. Her existence and insertion into Hank and Janet’s lives would be at more damaging to their dynamic than the slap.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Disappointed to see Marvel relaunch a horrible book about a horrible character (Nadia) that got cancelled for extremely low sales. But more than that, the whole character of Nadia debases the characters of Hank and Janet. I sincerely hope she’s somehow retconnedas not being Hank’s daughter before he comes back. Her existence and insertion into Hank and Janet’s lives would be at more damaging to their dynamic than the slap.
    Ha! I just saw the news. I just don't understand how this can be. They say it did well in trades, for some reason. Nobody was asking for this.

I don't hate the character of Nadia, I just hated her written by Jeremy Whitley. She was written as an annoying, useless little creature that I simply couldn't stand.

I don't know if I would go as far as retconning her not being Hank's daughter, because I still think it could have brought a new dimension to the character, and to his relationship with Jan. But anyway the way it's going to go, the comic books are only further distancing Jan from Hank, and don't seem to want to bring Hank back anyway. Her being Hank's daughter brings nothing to her story or her character development since she never lifted a finger to try to find out what happened to her father despite the fact that meeting him was her primary motivation for escaping the Red Room.

I'd like for such an arc to happen, for Nadia to finally remember her motivations, but I have NO TRUST WHATSOEVER in Whitley to write such a story. I don't want him near Hank, heck I didn't want him near Jan (he did a somewhat okay job with her, nothing more).

Basically, I'm still not going to be a Marvel customer in the near future.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that Mary Jay .

I hope this cheers you up a little:

Thanks, Frontier! That brightened up my day

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Unstoppable Wasp didn’t even do well in trades.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-02.html

So... I read an article on this new baby Wasp book, and Whitley said this:

I think we’re going to see a lot more of the Nadia we got to know in the last two issues of the first volume, one who doesn’t have all of the answers. It wasn’t so long ago that Nadia was a part-time Avenger with very few social obligations. Now she’s a Champion, has responsibilities with G.I.R.L., and has a lot more people in her life than she ever has before. A lot of this first story is going to be about how Nadia reacts to having so many more commitments in her life. We’re also going to deal a lot more with what she’s inherited from Hank, both in her civilian life and as the Wasp. Hank’s had more than his fair share of enemies — and right now, he’s off making more.
    Exactly what has she inherited from Hank? He didn't even know she existed. She's taking things that don't belong to her.

And the last sentence got me thinking... is he talking about Ultron here? Cause we know now that Hank is not inhabiting Ultron's body anymore, he's trapped in Soul Wolrd. Is he referring to Ultron doing more bad things, or Hank (somehow free from Soul World) doing good things that don't play well with bad guys? Only time will tell, I suppose.

Still not having my money, Marvel

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Unstoppable Wasp didn’t even do well in trades.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-02.html
    Maybe that's good for a trade, I dunno.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Maybe that's good for a trade, I dunno.
    Naw. It’s 104. That’s terrible.

That's just comic stores. Doesn't account for book stores, Scholastic, Amazon, or digital. They actually sold out at distributor level.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So... I read an article on this new baby Wasp book, and Whitley said this:

Exactly what has she inherited from Hank? He didn't even know she existed. She's taking things that don't belong to her.

And the last sentence got me thinking... is he talking about Ultron here? Cause we know now that Hank is not inhabiting Ultron's body anymore, he's trapped in Soul Wolrd. Is he referring to Ultron doing more bad things, or Hank (somehow free from Soul World) doing good things that don't play well with bad guys? Only time will tell, I suppose.

Still not having my money, Marvel
    Is Ultron still using Hank's body as a Skin suit or as he gotten his old Jack O' Lantern face back?

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Is Ultron still using Hank's body as a Skin suit or as he gotten his old Jack O' Lantern face back?
    He still goes around in a Hank costume.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

That article frankly pisses me off. I mean how long do some comic readers think we should be punishing and bringing up the Hank and Janet abuse story over and over and OVER again?! Every time, EVERY time, the writers try and move past it and give the think the respectful closure it deserves and have Janet and Hank either reconcile or move on whilst remaining friends and allies, this whole vocal minority decries it. Do we want Hank to be defined as Ultron maker and Wife hitter forever? Because that concept should have run its course years ago.
    I 100% agree.

It seems like some people expect Hank hitting Janet to be brought up in a comic every single time the character's name is referenced and if it isn't then Marvel is trying to 'hide it'.

The Tom Brevoort comment is ironic. The reason hitting Janet, mental health issues, creating Ultron & Pym particles is all people remember about Hank Pym is because those events are pretty much the only things writers written about involving the character for the last few decades.

People don't bring up Spider-Man hitting his wife because there is decades worth of fantastic other stories involving his character. If Marvel want to make Hank Pym a profitable character that people like then perhaps letting writers create new stories that don't revolve around previous well covered events is the direction to go.

He still goes around in a Hank costume.
    That might explain the final line then. It's possible that someone Ultron has recently wronged while looking like Hank might seek revenge on Nadia

Legion did something way worse during Legionquest but it is never bought up. I don't see how anybody can be a fan of that character after "that" act.