Page 54 of 117 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Randomly searching Pym on Twitter on a Sunday morning just like everyone else, found a tweet last month complaining that Marvel is undoing everything Remender did: Warren, Pym, and he/she was afraid that Wanda will become Magneto's child again.
    To be fair, they don't seem to be "undoing" everything Remender did, rather roll with where he dumped... well, left the characters before leaving. Contrary to what happened at the end of his Secret Avengers run, where Pym was deathlocked and later returned completely normal without any explanation, this time Duggan (and maybe Waid, if rumors are true) are actually continuing with his idea rather than simply dismissing it. They could easily have declared Rage of Ultron out of continuity and move on. But they chose to play along this time. So I don't think anyone has anything to complain about. And to be honest, I'd rather have Pym return to normal than stay merged with Ultron. His "taming of the beast" should make for an interesting story though.

And it's nice to see a writer acknowledge that there was editorial mandate in the case of SW and QS retconned as not Magneto's children Of course we all knew it, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the bigger issue is that Hank might not have complete control over Ultron and the Uncanny Avengers are divided over how to handle it...help him or deal with him.

If Janet's in this arc, she'd obviously want to help him no matter what, maybe Steve if he's still on the team for this. Quicksilver is the only other member of the team who has a real history with Hank, and was even part of his Mighty Avengers team, but I'm not sure if he'd rush to Hank's defense.
    I've seen previews of UA where Synapse is developing her powers with the help of Cable. She's becoming a living lie detector, so my guess is she'll be able to tell if Hank is sincere, or if Ultron still has control over him, or whatever the problem might be.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Russo Brothers said in an interview with Forbes that Ant-Man is one of the highest testing characters in Captain America: Civil War and that he is crazy popular.

Funny how people said Ant-Man wouldn't work or be successful. Seems like his popularity among the general audience is rising.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Russo Brothers said in an interview with Forbes that Ant-Man is one of the highest testing characters in Captain America: Civil War and that he is crazy popular.

Funny how people said Ant-Man wouldn't work or be successful. Seems like his popularity among the general audience is rising.
    Too bad it's not Hank..
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    Too bad it's not Hank..
    Wife-beater cough cough.

I remember Feige was harrased by question about wife-beating element in AntMan movie a while back.
    Given MCU is heavily inspired by Ultimate Universe and Ultimates 1 was written by Hollywood darling Mark...
    Wright or not Pym had it coming.

All hail Scott!
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

No one but long, long, long time comic readers know about the "wife beating" Hank. Current readers only know cause it keeps getting tossed in Hank's face by old fans and/or blog sites. However, what all seem to forget is he was possessed by Ultron when he did that.
    Also that there seems to be a quick bit of forgiveness for Reed Richards smacking Sue and Peter smacking MJ during the Clone Saga.
    Why is it ONLY that Hank has to wear this scarlet letter for hitting his wife??

Tony was a drunk, didn't stop the studio from making him a break out star. Time for all parties to move past that incident with Hank as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It's really up to writers not readers. Not-long-time fans would get their heavy exposure of Pym from Mark M and Robert Kirkman who both loves the domestic violence aspect. Many new fans really love like Pym because and after the animation show from whom I forgot the name they contributed scripts for MCU movies too. C Gage is an ideal balance - he loves the character yet he doesn't obsessed makes him his pet char... then again folks find that boring. Now what Rememder did is really exciting to people because everyone loves Robert California!
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Wait he's possessed by Ultron then? Wasn't retcon to be Kang then retcon away soon

Wait he's possessed by Ultron then? Wasn't retcon to be Kang then retcon away soon
    He wasn't possessed, he was just brain damaged. As a matter of fact, he married Jan during a psychotic break during which he thought to be Yellowjacket and claimed to have killed Hank Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I think you're right. I can see some people not trusting Ultron to be tamed, or Hank having control over him, or even Hank being himself. It might make for a very interesting story, if handled well. And I've heard that Duggan is very respectful to the characters he writes, so we'll see.
    You have to wonder why doesn't he take an extended vacation at Spartax or Galador or Gramosia or Thayri or Contraxia or Dakkam or Darbia or Hiberiac o Arctarus IV or Clavius or Lumina or Wilamean or Kymellia or Grundar or Astra or Krylor or Kymellia. He could study and learn and help the locals while he becomes comfortable with himself.

Going to Earth means that he will be feared, distrusted and attacked. Isn't he afraid of losing the balance he has so recently gained? I guess he still feels the need to prove himself. It is true that all his "friends" and acquaintances live on Earth, but they were tripping with their own feet, so hasty where them to give him up for dead and divide the spoils...

I would like it better if the Avengers bumped onto him during some kind of cosmic crisis, instead of Pym going back to Earth. Sort of another Annihilation Wave or similar, and Pym, the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers have to get together to stop it.
    Last edited by Habis; 03-17-2016 at 05:55 PM.

He wasn't possessed by Ultron. He wasn't brain damaged. He wasn't controlled by Kang (this was de-retconned in Avengers Forever). He was just plain sick and snapped under pressure. His own pressure, mind you, that he was putting on himself because he always felt inadequate, not good enough, not worthy enough. For the Avengers, for Jan, for everyone. He had lost contact with reality at that point. And no, I'm not trying to defend him, I'm just stating a fact here

The time when he was brainwashed by Ultron was when Ultron abducted him and wiped his memory in order to get to Jan and create Jocasta from her brainwaves. It happened before the infamous slap, but one can argue that it didn't help him keep a grip on reality.

And although the MCU is influenced by the Ultimates in part, no one who knows Hank Pym well can deny that MCU Pym is a lot closer to the 616 Pym than anything else, apart from the ageing up that is. I don't think that character-wise anyone in the MCU is the Ultimates version. But that's just how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    You have to wonder why doesn't he take an extended vacation at Spartax or Galador or Gramosia or Thayri or Contraxia or Dakkam or Darbia or Hiberiac o Arctarus IV or Clavius or Lumina or Wilamean or Kymellia or Grundar or Astra or Krylor or Kymellia. He could study and learn and help the locals while he becomes comfortable with himself.

Going to Earth means that he will be feared, distrusted and attacked. Isn't he afraid of losing the balance he has so recently gained? I guess he still feels the need to prove himself. It is true that all his "friends" and acquaintances live on Earth, but they were tripping with their own feet, so hasty where them to give him for dead and divide the spoils...

I would like it better if the Avengers bumped onto him during some kind of cosmic crisis, instead of Pym going back to Earth. Sort of another Annihilation Wave or similar, and Pym, the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers have to get together to stop it.
    Well, maybe he does feel better by now, or maybe he just wants to go home. Although I agree with you about his friends and their haste to give him up for dead without so much as an attempt to try and find him... I think some people might have some explaining to do. It seems ironic since while Jan was "dead" Hank did everything he could to try and find her while everybody was convinced she was really dead. And now that he's gone, while there are obvious reasons to believe he is actually still alive, no one lifts a finger to try and find him. Some friends...!

And maybe someone will run into him before he reaches Earth, or maybe this new Wasp will find him, or really... anything can happen at this point.

oh my god oh my god which side do you think hank pym is on i am so excited for cw2

WHOA

10 char