Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Anyone else feeling like they don't have enough Hank Pym reading material? Dammit Marvel, Hank should have had a solo series back in the day.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Anyone else feeling like they don't have enough Hank Pym reading material? Dammit Marvel, Hank should have had a solo series back in the day.
    He should have one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindpugh View Post
    He should have one now.
    Normally I would agree with you, but the current Marvel editorial's obsession with events would prevent Hank from ever having any meaningful story lines. At least in the old days, events were more of a delicacy than the regular meal.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

I guess I'm not surprised, look how long it took storm to get a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I guess I'm not surprised, look how long it took storm to get a solo.
    True, but Storm fans had no shortage of material to read. We Hank Pym fans have very little to our name.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Hank Pym is probably the most underrated hero of Marvel.The guy is a founding member and a great scientist and people remember him only as a wife-beater.I love his abilities,although i preferred him as a shrinking gadget guy and not as Giant-Man or Goliath.Dr Pym in West Coast Avengers and Wasp in Mighty Avengers were my favorite guises and phases of Pym.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Hank Pym is probably the most underrated hero of Marvel.The guy is a founding member and a great scientist and people remember him only as a wife-beater.I love his abilities,although i preferred him as a shrinking gadget guy and not as Giant-Man or Goliath.Dr Pym in West Coast Avengers and Wasp in Mighty Avengers were my favorite guises and phases of Pym.
    I think the saddest thing is that people remember him for something he's not...

My favorite persona for him is as Giant-Man, and Dr. Pym. That's when he was the most balanced (he even said so himself in Avengers Academy when he went back to Giant-Man). And since he retains all the powers he used to have, except maybe YJ's biostings and the wasp wings of course, I think it's not as important what he calls himself. But yeah, he'll always be my favorite as Giant-Man

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    True, but Storm fans had no shortage of material to read. We Hank Pym fans have very little to our name.
    Well, he's been in the classic Avengers book since the 60s, plus Tales to Astonish, West Coast Avengers, Mighty Avengers vol1, Avengers Academy, Avengers A.I. plus several minis and series, like Avengers Forever (an awesome story by Busiek!) Unfortunately, he never had a solo per se

And currently... I have no idea if he's going to end up somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Well, he's been in the classic Avengers book since the 60s, plus Tales to Astonish, West Coast Avengers, Mighty Avengers vol1, Avengers Academy, Avengers A.I. plus several minis and series, like Avengers Forever (an awesome story by Busiek!) Unfortunately, he never had a solo per se

And currently... I have no idea if he's going to end up somewhere...
    Out of all the founding Avenger's he's probably had the spottiest membership, except for the Hulk, who at least had a solo series to his name.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I've always felt they never made the most of size changing abilities in the comics. Its a power that works better in motion but I'm still amazed at the lack of imagination some writers shown with the powers over the years.

I like when Mark Waid had Pym shrink down to sub atomic size to escape a explosion as well as when he had Pym shrunk down flying on a ant chasing a armed kidnapper and growing giant sized to crush his car stopping him getting away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'd rather Hank remained the big brain that will oppose the Illuminati. Most of them have been shown not to be very respectful of him, anyway, so, it'd be kind of awsome to see him show who is the Scientist Supreme while he rubs their noses in the dirt.

Peace
    I would of thought Banner and Pym would be the ones to oppose the Illuminati if anything.

Pym and Banner are both seen as sometimes unstable loose cannon scientists. I would of preferred to see the green and insect Goliaths find out about the Illuminati and take them on rather than in Banners case join them.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I'm a DC's Wally West (but not the NU-2014-Wally West) fan. My favorite comic character.
    Also a Marvel's Hank Pym fan. My tie-fave Marvel character.

(Am taking any pity donations offered, single-bundled or in timed installments. Thank you. )

Loved Pym as Wasp and as Yellow Jacket in the cartoon. (YJ pranked them all. It was great!)

Wish with all my heart that Mark Waid had kept writing for Pym.

Wish even more that Mr. Michael Douglas (whom I do like well enough despite this) was not playing Pym in the upcoming movie. If only because Mr. Douglas is a senior citizen and thus that kind of puts any chance of Pym ever having a decent role in the current movie series....as a long shot.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

My second favorite super scientist. I'll take his scientific opinion over Stark any day. If I need help with a car engine I'll ask Stark's help on that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    My second favorite super scientist. I'll take his scientific opinion over Stark any day. If I need help with a car engine I'll ask Stark's help on that.
    Stark, Banner, McCoy, etc. are amazing geniuses, but generally (not always!) stay in the same discipline, and come off a *hair* more 'realistic.' (In as much as that term has any meaning in regards to comic book super-geniuses!)

Richards, Doom and Pym seem more like generic 'mad' scientists, arbitrarily good at everything, and one invention of their won't necessarily have anything to do (or be in remotely the same scientific discipline) as the next. Less 'scientist' and more 'the Professor, from Gilligan's Island.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Stark, Banner, McCoy, etc. are amazing geniuses, but generally (not always!) stay in the same discipline, and come off a *hair* more 'realistic.' (In as much as that term has any meaning in regards to comic book super-geniuses!)

Richards, Doom and Pym seem more like generic 'mad' scientists, arbitrarily good at everything, and one invention of their won't necessarily have anything to do (or be in remotely the same scientific discipline) as the next. Less 'scientist' and more 'the Professor, from Gilligan's Island.'
    Well Pak did give Banner the mad scientist approach on his run. As to the three thats probably why I prefer them more especially in the Marvel U. but to each his own.

Extraordinary Member

When I tried getting into Ant-Man, I was terribly disappointed by the lack of material ;[