Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1745

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The problem for Hank will be whether or not Janet and the others believe that it's really Hank when he comes back and not Hank mixed with Ultron and if Janet and Nadia did rush off to save him that could cause problems between her and Tony, or maybe Nadia would be the gung ho one and Janet would say that she was going to keep her out of trouble and such but then leaving herself and Tony to wonder if that was truly the reason...
    A telepath could easily confirm that it's Hank and not Ultron, and there are scans that can be performed if Hank is returned 100% biological. As for causing problems, I personally don't care at all. Jan has always known what she was doing and what she wanted, and if this is something she would want do do, good luck to anyone who would try to stop her
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Ultimate Member

Well yeah but most at least mutant tp's probably wouldn't want to help them, and at the very least until they got a telepath the Avengers probably wouldn't believe Hank, and even then it would take time...the causing problems bit was just so that if/when they split Tony and Janet up that Hank being back could play a part in it. And the last bit yeah if Janet wanted to do something she'd do it, it could just be a point to how she would now view Hank...

Humbly present best Hank Pym story ever thanks to Adams and Thomas ...

41EE5D73-A37A-45EF-A00A-1C3C62D159B0.jpg

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does Nadia still not know about Pymtron?
    The answer is 'no' going by the latest issue of Unstoppable Wasp but it seems like she will find out sometime in the near future.

Hank might be coming back in Unstoppable Wasp next year.

Wasn't Hank just eaten ?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Wasn't Hank just eaten ?
    Yeah I don't know what Marvel's planning but Unstoppable Wasp 1 is teasing his return very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Humbly present best Hank Pym story ever thanks to Adams and Thomas ...

41EE5D73-A37A-45EF-A00A-1C3C62D159B0.jpg
    that's from "Journey to the center of the android" right? One of the best overall, I agree, and not just for Pym. It was a great story in itself

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The problem for Hank will be whether or not Janet and the others believe that it's really Hank when he comes back and not Hank mixed with Ultron and if Janet and Nadia did rush off to save him that could cause problems between her and Tony, or maybe Nadia would be the gung ho one and Janet would say that she was going to keep her out of trouble and such but then leaving herself and Tony to wonder if that was truly the reason...
    Seriously, if they were going to go rescue him, knowing a fight with Ultron might be on the cards, they'd be idiots if they didn't call in the Avengers and Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Well it'd have to be if they knew that the enemy was Ultron, but if they knew or had been told that Hank wasn't fused with Ultron anymore and some other baddie had him...then they would rush off to save him I think...

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Wasn't Hank just eaten ?
    It's comics.

Hardly anyone stays dead.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    It's comics.

Hardly anyone stays dead.
    of course. it's just that you rarely see someone's soul get eaten. plus the Unstoppable Wasp comic made it seem like real-Pym was out there acting as a villain. it doesn't jive with anything going on outside of that title.

BANNED

Tales to Astonish #48 Oct 1963
    "The Porcupine!"
    Streaking off on another adventure, Ant-Man points out to the Wasp the location of a local army ordnance plant.
    Inside the plant we meet Alex Gentry, a scientist who works for the ordinance plant.
    Having designed combat armor based on the quills of a porcupine, he has become frustrated with the lack of recognition
    and pay that he receives from the military for his inventions. Seeking fortune, he decides to use his porcupine armor
    to rob a new bank that has opened that has been boasting a burglar proof safe in the newspapers.

The next day, Ant-Man and Wasp in their civilian guises of Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne visit the bank to see a demonstration of the bank vault.
    Pym notices that Janet is coming down with a cold and tries to talk her into going home, which she refuses.
    Just then, Gentry in his combat armor and calling himself "The Porcupine" arrives
    and uses his liquid cement quills to disarm the guards and then fills the room with sleeping gas.
    As Pym tries to drag Janet out of the sleeping gas, the Porcupine uses a built in acetylene torch to burn through the vault.
    While our two heroes seek refuge and fresh air in one of the bank's offices, the Porcupine manages to steal the bank's money and uses his jet pack to escape.
    Donning their guises of Ant-Man and the Wasp, the two heroes find that they are too late.
    When the Wasp starts to get really dizzy, Ant-Man takes her home and confines her to a bed, telling her not to leave it until she gets better.

Meanwhile, the Porcupine robs another bank, which allows Ant-Man's spy-ants to track his movements.
    Learning that the Porcupine is hiding out at the military ordnance plant, Ant-Man travels there alone to confront his foe.
    Getting into Gentry's lab, Ant-Man is easily taken down by the traps that the Porcupine had set up for him.

Removing Ant-Man's control helmet, the Porcupine leaves Ant-Man to drown in a filled bathtub while he commits another crime.

Worrying about Pym, Janet learns where Ant-Man had gone from the ants and resumes her guise of the Wasp to rescue him.
    The two devise a trap using one of the Porcupine's own gimmicks: liquid cement.

Taking a bunch of containers of the compound and putting them in bags, the two heroes wait for the villain to return.
    When the Porcupine finally arrives, they have their ants squeeze the bags, shooting jets of liquid
    cement that coats the Porcupine's quills with the glue, rendering his offensive capabilities useless.
    Finding himself overwhelmed by Ant-Man's human-sized strength the Porcupine manages to escape via his jet pack which wasn't affected by the glue.

Taking the visibly distraught Wasp home she was afraid that he would've drowned, Ant-Man promises to have something for her when they get there,
    but what Janet figures might be a monetary gift of jewelery or a ring, turns out to be plain old cough medicine.

Script by Stan Lee and Ernie Hart [as H. E. Huntley], art by Don Heck

So there seems to be something going on with A.I.M. and them being convinced that Hank is still alive as Pymtron and going full evil, wanting to "infect" everyone, either with some sort of computer virus or maybe turning everyone into machines...

This is very disturbing to me, for a few reasons. I don't want Whitley to handle Pym in any shape or form. His style seems childish to me, and doesn't fit the narrative such a story would require. His writing lacks the maturity a story like this demands IMO. Also it does seem to ignore what's been going on in Infinity War, and I hate when writers ignore other writers' work, especially when said writer is (in my mind, this is subjective of course) better at storytelling. Then there's the whole theory about Hank maybe returning in No Road Home, which would contradict the "concept" Whitley is seemingly going for in his book. Now I'm still not convinced it's really Hank that's returning, but if it is, I would trust Waid and Zub to handle this story waaaaaaaay more than Whitley.

As a side note for No Road Home, I realize as I'm writing this that the Vision book that was supposed to come out has been scrapped because they wanted Vision in No Road Home. I'm starting to think they want him there because he has a specific role to play in the story, which would lean towards the theory that Hank is coming back. Just a thought.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff