Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Very sad with what the reboot could mean for Hank Pym.
    Hopefully he benefits from the reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I heard of this! It's a two-part comics set in the MCU featuring a young Pym-Ant-Man during the Cold War. But I didn't see it in the solicitations. Do you know when it's supposed to come out? These days, it's the only thing with 'Ant-Man' written on it that interests me.
    It comes out in February

What's the general view of editors and talents in Marvel on Hank Pym?

I think in one of the AXIS interviews one of the chief said that Hank Pym never live it down, does that imply they will get rid of him post-Secret Wars?

Man this is the guy who came up with the idea of Avengers (along with Wasp).

I think the worst case scenario is that he will be dead next Wednesday, or sometimes into the Secret Wars, along with Janet.
    The best case scenario is that they finally "retcon" that panel to be what they meant it to be and conserve the rest of his story.
    The most likely scenario is that Pym will be a generation apart from rest of his current peers, like in MCU and all his mistakes will be diminished (Wasp, Ultron) to align with whatever they are in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Very sad with what the reboot could mean for Hank Pym.
    I don't think the new merged world will effect him very much. First he has to make it through Rage of Ultron, then hopefully maybe he'll start being used again after that. If he's still alive or hasn't become an old man.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-21-2015 at 11:48 AM.

So here is a question for Marvel experts: who is the Hank Pym in Beyond! ?

I'm interested because he faced against a fake Beyonder which may be a slightly relevant story to the upcoming New Avengers issue, but then I realize that this one may be the Skrull Clone. So..?

Hopefully Hank Pym will be back after Secret Wars.

Yellow Jacket would be the identity I'd want to see him return to, if they don't make him an old man (as in the movie).

Last edited by Herowatcher; 01-27-2015 at 12:23 PM.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Invincible Member

I have a feeling Hank'll be used in a role similar to his original role in the West Coast Avengers where he wasn't in costume, but he was still part of the team as a scientist and adventurer.

Latest rumor I read was that Yellowjacket will be used in the film, but as an alias for the main bad guy. I won't be shocked if the comics follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I have a feeling Hank'll be used in a role similar to his original role in the West Coast Avengers where he wasn't in costume, but he was still part of the team as a scientist and adventurer.

Latest rumor I read was that Yellowjacket will be used in the film, but as an alias for the main bad guy. I won't be shocked if the comics follow suit.
    It's not rumor. The actor for Darren Cross already confirmed the new origin for Yellowjacket suit.

Also in the comic con preview clip they showed (audio is leaked), Michael Douglas insisted that Paul Rudd call him "Dr.Pym", so you may be very right about the direction they are going with.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    So here is a question for Marvel experts: who is the Hank Pym in Beyond! ?

I'm interested because he faced against a fake Beyonder which may be a slightly relevant story to the upcoming New Avengers issue, but then I realize that this one may be the Skrull Clone. So..?
    I'm not 100% certain, but I do believe the Pym in Beyond! is Skrull-Pym. Pym had been replaced by the Skrull some time between Disassembled and the beginning of the run of MA. I tend to think that in everything that shows Pym and that is set after Disassembled, it's actually Criti Noll. Except for the "Irredeemable Ant-Man", in which I believe it's the real Pym cause he makes a comment about running late and that Jan will be mad at him for having missed the last transport. So at that point, they were still in a relationship, so no Skrull.

I'm not 100% certain, but I do believe the Pym in Beyond! is Skrull-Pym. Pym had been replaced by the Skrull some time between Disassembled and the beginning of the run of MA. I tend to think that in everything that shows Pym and that is set after Disassembled, it's actually Criti Noll. Except for the "Irredeemable Ant-Man", in which I believe it's the real Pym cause he makes a comment about running late and that Jan will be mad at him for having missed the last transport. So at that point, they were still in a relationship, so no Skrull.
    Hank Pym and Spider-Woman were skrulls during House of M, which happened right after Disassembled. I think most characters were replaced before Disassembled.

But the "Beyond" story is difficult to locate in time. He could be the real Hank Pym from before Disassembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Hank Pym and Spider-Woman were skrulls during House of M, which happened right after Disassembled. I think most characters were replaced before Disassembled.

But the "Beyond" story is difficult to locate in time. He could be the real Hank Pym from before Disassembled.
    I happen to have the issues

I found this:

Beyond no3-1.JPG
    Beyond no3-2.JPG
    Beyond no3-3.JPG

I'd say that's the Skrull. The mention of London kind of seals the deal for me, since we've seen in MA that Pym was replaced while Jan and he were living in London.

I happen to have the issues

I found this:

Beyond no3-1.JPG
    Beyond no3-2.JPG
    Beyond no3-3.JPG

I'd say that's the Skrull. The mention of London kind of seals the deal for me, since we've seen in MA that Pym was replaced while Jan and he were living in London.
    I have checked Hank Pym's entry at Marvel Wikia. Wasp and Pym apparently went to live to London after Disassembled, and broke again before House of M (by then he had been already replaced), so Marvel inserted a huge, almost unbelievable amount of time between Disassembled and House of M...I mean, how much time did the Avengers leave out-of-control Scarlett Witch in Magneto's hands?
    Last edited by Habis; 01-27-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Hopefully Hank Pym will be back after Secret Wars.

Yellow Jacket would be the identity I'd want to see him return to, if they don't make him an old man (as in the movie).
    I'm keeping my expectations low since Marvel has shown they'll take great leaps to mimic the films even before they're released. I don't want to get my hopes up only to have Hank rapidly aged and Jan killed off post-Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I have checked Hank Pym's entry at Marvel Wikia. Wasp and Pym apparently went to live to London after Disassembled, and broke again before House of M (by then he had been already replaced), so Marvel inserted a huge, almost unbelievable amount of time between Disassembled and House of M...I mean, how much time did the Avengers leave out-of-control Scarlett Witch in Magneto's hands?
    That's a good question... how much time had passed between Disassembled and House of M? I really have no idea. A Scarlet Witch fan might me more suited to answer this question, as she is not a favourite of mine, so I don't know much about the time elapsed.

But it was hinted that Pym and Spider-Woman had been captives of the Skrulls for years... if not, well it seems that a lot of crap happened in a very short amount of time, comic-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I'm keeping my expectations low since Marvel has shown they'll take great leaps to mimic the films even before they're released. I don't want to get my hopes up only to have Hank rapidly aged and Jan killed off post-Secret Wars.
    Tom Brevoort goes out of his way to try and make us believe that no, the comics will not mimic the movies, without much success might I add. If this actually comes true, then he, along with everyone at Marvel who says the same, will have lost the bit of credibility they have left, IMO.

But I'm like you, I'm keeping my hopes very low, and I even prepare myself mentally to stop buying new Marvel comics, and stick to the old trades.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Tom Brevoort goes out of his way to try and make us believe that no, the comics will not mimic the movies, without much success might I add. If this actually comes true, then he, along with everyone at Marvel who says the same, will have lost the bit of credibility they have left, IMO.

But I'm like you, I'm keeping my hopes very low, and I even prepare myself mentally to stop buying new Marvel comics, and stick to the old trades.
    I would love to believe what they're saying, but that swift retconning of the twins' parentage (for no other reason than to mimic the MCU) has me doubting the validity of his and Buckley's statements.