Page 100 of 117 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1745
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Hank and Janet have a statue in Dimension Z still standing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    The Ant-Man and Wasp Living Legend featuring Scott and Jan is pretty great. Lots of fun, nice callback to Tales of Astonish run in the way they fight, use tech etc. And everyone from the duo to their alien allies have only good thing to say about Hank Pym. I am quite optimistic of his comeback.

Michael will probably not be too happy because Jan is a little bit too nostalgic about Hank haha.
    I thought it was a great read. Scott has never had anything negative to say about Hank. Janet can remember him however she likes. She was dismissive of Scott during their last encounter. This time around she embraced him warmly and said that he was handsome. Maybe she is also bipolar.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-07-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Did I read right that Hank's soul escaped from where Ultron had him imprisoned in Infinity Countdown?

how could that be? Hank's an atheist. if you are referring to comments in the actual Infinity thread, I think the poster was just telling us that Ultron got away. I flipped through the book at the store and didn't see anything human-Pym related. I guess that Life-bringer Galactus could always save Hank. or maybe someone could put whatever's left of him into Ultimate Pym's body. can't imagine that they brought that character back. he's a real sicko.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-07-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    The Ant-Man and Wasp Living Legend featuring Scott and Jan is pretty great. Lots of fun, nice callback to Tales of Astonish run in the way they fight, use tech etc. And everyone from the duo to their alien allies have only good thing to say about Hank Pym. I am quite optimistic of his comeback.
    That's great to know I might check it out after all!

I wish I could share your optimism, but I've been burned before.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Hank and Janet have a statue in Dimension Z still standing at least.
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did I read right that Hank's soul escaped from where Ultron had him imprisoned in Infinity Countdown?
    He did not. In fact, since we saw him getting trapped in Soul World in the first issue, we haven't heard from the real Hank since. Ultron doesn't seem to have noticed he's gone. I'm getting more and more curious to see if we'll ever get Hank back, and how that could play out. My guess is that if something is going to happen, it won't be in Infinity Countdown, but in the following event this summer. IF something is to happen...
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    how could that be? Hank's an atheist. if you are referring to comments in the actual Infinity thread, I think the poster was just telling us that Ultron got away. I flipped through the book at the store and didn't see anything human-Pym related. I guess that Life-bringer Galactus could always save Hank. or maybe someone could put whatever's left of him into Ultimate Pym's body. can't imagine that they brought that character back. he's a real sicko.
    Ugh... I'd rather he doesn't have anything to do with Ult-Pym...

About the part in bold, it's not because Hank's an atheist that he doesn't have a soul. Proof is that his "soul" is trapped in Soul World. Maybe if he comes back he'll have a different take on life after his experience in Soul World

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

BANNED

Living Legend really makes me want Hank and Janet back as a team. I think it'd be really great to see how they would work together now that both of them have developed so much since they were last partners.

It seems writers have more use for Pym as a villain that as a hero, so they will probably keep Pymtron around...

But I think they will throw Pym's fans a bone and allow Hank's human soul to purify itself and get cured of his mental issues, and maybe get resurrected and get a fresh new start, even if he fades from the forefront and retires to some obscure corner of the MU, only coming back for some random one-shots or short cameos...

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Living Legend really makes me want Hank and Janet back as a team. I think it'd be really great to see how they would work together now that both of them have developed so much since they were last partners.
    Nope. Their interaction always becomes detrimental for both of them. Their relationship has gotten too tainted by too many writers ...
    Last edited by Habis; 06-10-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Yes, I too would love to see this interaction. They both have grown and developed as characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    It seems writers have more use for Pym as a villain that as a hero, so they will probably keep Pymtron around...

But I think they will throw Pym's fans a bone and allow Hank's human soul to purify itself and get cured of his mental issues, and maybe get resurrected and get a fresh new start, even if he fades from the forefront and retires to some obscure corner of the MU, only coming back for some random one-shots or short cameos...
    More use? Since 2015 (gosh it's been THREE YEARS! I feel like we've been patient enough...! ) he has had one arc in UA, for four issues if I'm not mistaken, one appearance in Civil War II, and is being used in Infinity Countdown, in which Pymtron appeared in a couple of issues. I wouldn't call that "more use". As a fan, I still think there are good stories to be told about him, and I personally wouldn't be happy if what you're describing happens.

And Pym is NOT used as a villain. Ultron is using Pym's face to do bad things. Nuance.

Nope. Their interaction always becomes detrimental for both of them. Their relationship has gotten too tainted by too many writers ...
    I don't know, given a good writer who wants to further develop the characters, I think anything is possible. As Phoenixx said, they have both grown a lot as characters. I think it would be interesting to see how their individual growth, apart from each other, would translate through a partnership of some kind.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I think what really bugs me is not that they are wasting Hank as a villian, it's that they are wasting him as a subpar villian, because, when well written, Ultron is SO much coller than "supposedly creepy" Pymtron. While this, I can't say I care much for who they have replacing Hank as a super-hero. The new Giant-Man is a PC waste of paper, IMHO, I really don't know who they are calling Goliath now (though I'm sure there is someone) and even Scott Lang, whbo I used to like, a lot, seems to have suffered of "Star Lord syndrome", taking on characteristics of his MCU counterpart and becomming a supposedly funny total loser in the process. I think at least no one is using his YellowJackret ID. Bring Super-hero Hank back, and mega-scary Ultron also.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    As a fan, I still think there are good stories to be told about him, and I personally wouldn't be happy if what you're describing happens.
    I wouldn't like it either, but I suspect it is what will happen to him...

His soul being sucked into the Soul Gem hints to ANOTHER redemption arc, AGAIN, confronting and beating his inner demons AGAIN.

After that... I dunno, but they haven't turned him into Old Man Pym, they don't seem interested on having Nadia confront Pymtron, they have given his stuff to a bajizillon other heroes, and nothing hints to Marvel preparing his comeback...

Hank won't like that when he comes back. I wonder what Nadia will think of Tony possibly becoming her stepfather (Janet officially adopted her)?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hank won't like that when he comes back. I wonder what Nadia will think of Tony possibly becoming her stepfather (Janet officially adopted her)?
    I'm pretty sure that she's her legal guardian. Tony's the fun uncle. I don't think he'd make much of an attempt to be a "father." he has no real experience with it.