Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1745
    Astonishing Member

Whilst not my favourite move, I'd be happy if a pym was brought forward before he lost it so he could move on from a creatives misunderstanding

I so missed pym as a positive character

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Guys it just means they will use Time Stone to bring an old Hank Pym to Earth-616!
    how? he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    how? he's dead.
    There are plenty of old Hank Pyms. Like the one from Last Avengers Story. Or Michael Douglas. I remember there is also one in Exile.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Guys I think I just cracked the code:

Hank Pym is Drax now!

Re-read the issue. Everything fits.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

There are plenty of old Hank Pyms. Like the one from Last Avengers Story. Or Michael Douglas. I remember there is also one in Exile.
    you said time-stone. does that one drag things from other realities into the 616?

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I haven't read it, but I remember back during Uncanny Avengers Duggan said he was a fan of the character. I think that's true. I don't think that he was forced to build so much of this around Pymtron. I think he chose to do it, and as such, I think ultimately he does have a plan to bring Hank back minus Ultron in some way, shape, or form.
    Wow... if he's indeed a fan of the character, I'd hate to see what would have happened if he did NOT like him...

We've been getting our hopes high (we as in Pym fans) for quite some time now... at this point, dragging the "he's dead, no he's not, no he is, no he's not, is he though?" is just cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Whilst not my favourite move, I'd be happy if a pym was brought forward before he lost it so he could move on from a creatives misunderstanding

I so missed pym as a positive character
    So do I, but I'm afraid that if they did that, some writer would turn it around at some point and have him have another breakdown. You don't "catch" bipolar disorder, after all... you're born that way. Now if they somehow showed him get proper treatment, and have support from his friends through it, that would be different (and quite welcomed actually). But I don't think they'll do that.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Wow... if he's indeed a fan of the character, I'd hate to see what would have happened if he did NOT like him...

We've been getting our hopes high (we as in Pym fans) for quite some time now... at this point, dragging the "he's dead, no he's not, no he is, no he's not, is he though?" is just cruel.

So do I, but I'm afraid that if they did that, some writer would turn it around at some point and have him have another breakdown. You don't "catch" bipolar disorder, after all... you're born that way. Now if they somehow showed him get proper treatment, and have support from his friends through it, that would be different (and quite welcomed actually). But I don't think they'll do that.
    the only thing stopping Hank from getting proper treatment is Hank. you'd have to change his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you said time-stone. does that one drag things from other realities into the 616?
    Do you not know the relationship between timeline and alternative realities?

Reminder that according to interviews Nick Spencer, Rick Remender are all big fans of Hank Pym too!

Do you not know the relationship between timeline and alternative realities?
    no i do not know the relationship between timeline and alternate realities. does the time stone bring characters from alternate realities or just different points in time?

time stone wiki Allows the user to see into the past and the future; stop, slow down, speed up or reverse the flow of time; travel through time; change the past and the future; age and de-age beings; and trap people or entire universes in unending loops of time. At full potential, the Time Gem grants the user omniscience and total control over the past, present, and future

were you maybe meaning to say "space" stone?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-18-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Mighty Member

I think the story had to play out. Sure, Hank becoming Pymton might not be what we wanted, but it happened, and to immediately reverse that without exploring it would be poor storytelling. He inherited it, he chose to inherit it, and anyone considering themselves to be a decent writer would try to make the most of Pymtron even as they plot a road to reversing it. The opposite would be when Hank became a Deathlok and then not anymore for no reason and it was never referenced again. A complete and total relief, but ultimately poor storytelling. I, personally, assumed that because no one cared to acknowledge Deathlok Hank Remender decided to make Deathlok Hank 2.0 by fusing him with Ultron out of sheer pettiness.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    If anything, I think the issue is a more positive sign for Hank's future. The only thing hindering that would be Nadia's existence trashing the dynamic between him and Janet. And that Spencer's OC is currently using the Giant-Man name.
    Yeah, despite having multiple codenames, every single one is in use. Ant-Man is Scott Lang, Giant-Man is Raz Malhotra, Goliath is Tom Foster, Wasp is both Janet and Nadia Van Dyne, and Yellowjacket is Darren Cross.

spoilers:
    Just before Hank died, there was a fantasy sequence in which the Avengers rescue him. There were several red flags that tell the readers it's fake even before the reveal, though. Namely, that Vision, who was still being repaired after No Surrender, Wolverine, currently hiding from the other heroes, and Mister Fantastic, still missing at this point, shouldn't be there, and Janet rushes in and kisses him, when in reality, she'd have Nadia with her and introduce her to him. Nadia wasn't in the fantasy because Hank is oblivious to her existence.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-19-2018 at 01:39 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Yep. I doubt it is the end of Pym's story.

It would be incredibly cruel and mean spirited to depict Pym enduring all this stuff and then just off him. There has got to be some sort of happy payoff to all the suffering the character is going through.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I think the story had to play out. Sure, Hank becoming Pymton might not be what we wanted, but it happened, and to immediately reverse that without exploring it would be poor storytelling. He inherited it, he chose to inherit it, and anyone considering themselves to be a decent writer would try to make the most of Pymtron even as they plot a road to reversing it. The opposite would be when Hank became a Deathlok and then not anymore for no reason and it was never referenced again. A complete and total relief, but ultimately poor storytelling. I, personally, assumed that because no one cared to acknowledge Deathlok Hank Remender decided to make Deathlok Hank 2.0 by fusing him with Ultron out of sheer pettiness.
    That,s all fine and all, but RoU happened in 2015... The story isn't being played out in my mind, it's being dragged on. As I said, the "is he dead, isn't he?" is getting tiring. I'm all for new development, but for now, I feel like Duggan is dragging it backwards and getting the story more and more complicated each month.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, despite having multiple codenames, every single one is in use. Ant-Man is Scott Lang, Giant-Man is Raz Malhotra, Goliath is Tom Foster, Wasp is both Janet and Nadia Van Dyne, and Yellowjacket is Darren Cross.
    I don't think Marvel would ever have Hank go back to YJ now, because of the movie and everythings. From now on, the persona is associated with a villain, and that wouldn't be a good move to put him back in that suit. As for Giant-Man, I don't see any problem with Hank taking back HIS suit.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

It would be incredibly cruel and mean spirited to depict Pym enduring all this stuff and then just off him. There has got to be some sort of happy payoff to all the suffering the character is going through.
    That's what I'm trying to tell myself. The more I think about it, the less I think it adds up. It just cannot end like this. I have no idea where it's going though, and I fear it's going to be another three years before we get the slightest hint of something for Hank.
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 07-19-2018 at 07:18 AM.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

There's no way it's the end of Hank. It's just a crazy cliffhanger to leave him on for now.

He'll be fine.