Page 108 of 117 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1745

I'm guessing since it's "retro", and paired with Jan, that it's Hank!

I want them both

Look at that mini Wasp, and mini Ant-Man! How cute!

Thanks to mreddie for posting this in the Janet thread!!
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, despite having multiple codenames, every single one is in use. Ant-Man is Scott Lang, Giant-Man is Raz Malhotra, Goliath is Tom Foster, Wasp is both Janet and Nadia Van Dyne, and Yellowjacket is Darren Cross.

spoilers:
    Just before Hank died, there was a fantasy sequence in which the Avengers rescue him. There were several red flags that tell the readers it's fake even before the reveal, though. Namely, that Vision, who was still being repaired after No Surrender, Wolverine, currently hiding from the other heroes, and Mister Fantastic, still missing at this point, shouldn't be there, and Janet rushes in and kisses him, when in reality, she'd have Nadia with her and introduce her to him. Nadia wasn't in the fantasy because Hank is oblivious to her existence.
    end of spoilers
    True, the only codenames that aren't in use are on the more obscure side, like "Scientist Supreme" or "Doctor Pym". Maybe Hank could share a codename with either Scott or Raz, like how Janet and Nadia are sharing the Wasp moniker, or make something entirely new?

spoilers:
    To be fair, I can see Nadia not being there with Janet, considering she's with the Champions at the moment. Aside from that, I agree. I did a double take when I first read that fantasy sequence.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by sweetxsecret View Post
    True, the only codenames that aren't in use are on the more obscure side, like "Scientist Supreme" or "Doctor Pym". Maybe Hank could share a codename with either Scott or Raz, like how Janet and Nadia are sharing the Wasp moniker, or make something entirely new?
    Scott Lang is Ant-Man. He's been Ant-Man for the entirety of his career, while Hank has been Ant-Man for only a few years before he changed to Giant-Man.

Scott is Ant-Man, and Hank is Giant-Man. I don't see why it shouldn't go back to this if Hank were to come back. Yes, I know, that Raz guy... I don't see how that's a problem. I wouldn't mind if he disappeared, or remained as a tech consultant #givethesuitback

I think it would be nice if people stopped taking on his mantle at the first opportunity. For Scott, it's okay since Hank wasn't using that suit, and he gave Scott his blessing. But that's it.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Raz doesn't need to be Giant-Man. I'm not sure that he even likes being Giant-Man. his greatest accomplishments have been as a creative scientist (Ultimates series). I think he should just join the new SHIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Raz doesn't need to be Giant-Man. I'm not sure that he even likes being Giant-Man. his greatest accomplishments have been as a creative scientist (Ultimates series). I think he should just join the new SHIELD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Scott Lang is Ant-Man. He's been Ant-Man for the entirety of his career, while Hank has been Ant-Man for only a few years before he changed to Giant-Man.

Scott is Ant-Man, and Hank is Giant-Man. I don't see why it shouldn't go back to this if Hank were to come back. Yes, I know, that Raz guy... I don't see how that's a problem. I wouldn't mind if he disappeared, or remained as a tech consultant #givethesuitback

I think it would be nice if people stopped taking on his mantle at the first opportunity. For Scott, it's okay since Hank wasn't using that suit, and he gave Scott his blessing. But that's it.
    To be honest, when Raz first appeared I thought that him taking on the Giant-Man mantle was cool because there seemed to be a lot of potential, but nowadays he's only used as a cameo and nothing else. It's like the writers don't know what to do with him. So I'm definitely all for Hank Pym taking the Giant-Man mantle back.

In a weird cosmic sort of way, it's a little bit funny that Hank's legacy (with the exception of Bill Foster and Raz Malhorta) has been passed down from stealing his tech/Pym Particles.

Scott Lang: Stole Ant-Man Suit to save his daughter. Eric O'Grady: Stole Ant-Man suit at SHIELD. Rita DeMara: Stole Yellowjacket suit. Cassie Lang: Secretly stole and used Pym Particles to be a hero. Tom Foster: Injested Pym Particles from his uncle's lab. Nadia Van Dyne-Pym: Snuck into her father's lab and built her suit using old Ant-Man and Wasp suit materials.

(Seeing this laid out, I feel bad for the poor guy. Ask for permission people!)
    Last edited by sweetxsecret; 07-19-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetxsecret View Post
    To be honest, when Raz first appeared I thought that him taking on the Giant-Man mantle was cool because there seemed to be a lot of potential, but nowadays he's only used as a cameo and nothing else. It's like the writers don't know what to do with him. So I'm definitely all for Hank Pym taking the Giant-Man mantle back.

In a weird cosmic sort of way, it's a little bit funny that Hank's legacy (with the exception of Bill Foster and Raz Malhorta) has been based down from stealing his tech/Pym Particles.

Scott Lang: Stole Ant-Man Suit to save his daughter. Eric O'Grady: Stole Ant-Man suit at SHIELD. Rita DeMara: Stole Yellowjacket suit. Cassie Lang: Secretly stole and used Pym Particles to be a hero. Tom Foster: Injested Pym Particles from his uncle's lab. Nadia Van Dyne-Pym: Snuck into her father's lab and built her suit using old Ant-Man and Wasp suit materials.

(Seeing this laid out, I feel bad for the poor guy. Ask for permission people!)
    I'm pretty sure that Tom Foster cracked the formula on his own. but I could be wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Do not read Infinity Countdown # 5 if you like Hank. The marvel must really hate him
    My heart's been ripped out of my chest when I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    My heart's been ripped out of my chest when I saw that.
    I couldn't have said it better... it's so sad, on so many levels

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Tom Foster cracked the formula on his own. but I could be wrong.
    So did Nadia. Her suit may be stolen (the wings are probably derived from the costume Hank wore as Wasp), but her Pym Particle tech isn't (she used it to break into his house in the first place).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So did Nadia. Her suit may be stolen (the wings are probably derived from the costume Hank wore as Wasp), but her Pym Particle tech isn't (she used it to break into his house in the first place).
    Hank's wing were organic, not part of the suit. I don't know what happened to them after he returned to being Giant-Man. I like to think they're still there, tiny wings between his shoulder blades

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

BANNED

Look at this, folks... many people on x-board love Hank Pym and would love to have him with the X-Men, including me.

http://community.comicbookresources....Men-team/page2

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Look at this, folks... many people on x-board love Hank Pym and would love to have him with the X-Men, including me.

http://community.comicbookresources....Men-team/page2
    Thanks for the love !

To be honest, it would be nice to have a X-Men/Avengers type team-up and not having them at each other's throat. There was UA, but...

Also, I wouldn't call the team "something"-Avengers. Just fot the sake of fairness.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

iMan 42s

Sometimes as a writing exercise I just start writing out story points so I thought I'd share them here.
    I was thinking about Hank Pym recently and I thought this up;

Hank Pym becomes: Pharaoh! (as if Pharaoh ant)

Powers: Size changing, Flight (wings?), hand derived energy blasts (stingers?), and laser eyes to make him seem a bit more outside the norm. Potentially even a mace which could also be a sort of multitool Hank could use to help him solve problems in the field like making energy barriers or using it as a conductor for example.

Costume: I keep thinking the helmet would be ornate in appearance and have a simmilar look to Ultron in the upper portions and more Antman MCU in the bottom. I don't know, something godly that someone like Hank would make. The body suit I like the inclusion of red and black, but perhaps an armored version of the Goliath costume.

Reasoning: He would come back and find that a bunch of people are using his superhero identities and decides, "fine, I'll just make another". So he takes on some elements from his old costumes (because why reinvent the wheel), and he goes back out as Pharaoh. However this time he keeps things secret to hide from Ultron, and the mass-public as to give his civilian life something of a break. As Pharaoh he's just out to bring Truth, Justice, and Order, and then he goes home to his lab and binges ted talks while he eats pizza and does science.

Other ideas:
    He changes size so fast he's believed to be invisible enabling him to hide from most security. His size changing is so advanced he can fool even Scott and Janet into thinking he's invisible when he's moving fast enough and so tiny they can't notice. While Giant Sized he could setup a Pym particle field which acts as his "realm" where he can pull some villains into and use advanced science to his advantage. For those who didn't know any better they'd think he was using magic.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

nice writing exercise.

BANNED

Pretty cool that the large Wasp and large Ant-Man include a mini Wasp and mini Ant-Man!