Page 11 of 117 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I would love to believe what they're saying, but that swift retconning of the twins' parentage (for no other reason than to mimic the MCU) has me doubting the validity of his and Buckley's statements.
    I know right? They say that the true story is still not told, that what we saw happen could mean many things, but I still think it's only to shut us up. They clearly want to distance the twins from Magneto in the comics to better fit with the MCU.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Darren Cross will probably come back as Yellowjacket in post-secret wars comic and have ties to Pym like his movie counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Darren Cross will probably come back as Yellowjacket in post-secret wars comic and have ties to Pym like his movie counterpart.
    And then we'll go ask Brevoort if he wants to change his answer about the MCU not bleeding into or influencing the comics...

For the record, I don't want to see Darren Cross suiting up as YJ in the comics.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

The less that movie influences the comics the better.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    And then we'll go ask Brevoort if he wants to change his answer about the MCU not bleeding into or influencing the comics...

For the record, I don't want to see Darren Cross suiting up as YJ in the comics.
    I don't either but I wouldn't put it past Marvel doing it.

Marvel is doing it now! He has beard now! Michael Douglas also had beard in the teaser trailer! The movie is already influencing the comics!

According to an Internet user report of LEGO set displayed at the toy fair, the set named "Final Battle" features one winged ant and two Ant-suited men, Scott Lang and his foe spoilers:
    Hank Pym.
    end of spoilers

I don't even know why I used spoiler tag.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    According to an Internet user report of LEGO set displayed at the toy fair, the set named "Final Battle" features one winged ant and two Ant-suited men, Scott Lang and his foe spoilers:
    Hank Pym.
    end of spoilers

I don't even know why I used spoiler tag.
    Except Michael Douglas himself said that spoilers:
    he won't be suiting up in the movie at all. So I don't know who the second Ant-suited man is, but it can't be Hank Pym
    end of spoilers. There, I used spoiler tags too

The 'foe' thing seems more like an extrapolation than anything else at this point. Let's just wait and see.

BANNED

so hank pym fans

how would you like to see hank explored upon post-secret wars? storyline wise, character wise etc.

Mighty Member

Hard to say. He has the academy thing going on, even though no one is doing anything with that, and he still has Avengers A.I., even though no one is doing anything with the A.I.'s either. In all likelihood it will be a direction that has nothing to do with any of those previous events. I would like an explanation as to why Hank became Yellowjacket again. I don't have a problem with it, I just want a sentence or something. It's seems like he hasn't gone off the deep in again, and I think it's obvious that he's yellowjacket because of the movie coming out this year, but canonically I just want the tiniest bit of insight at to what that costume/identity offers him that Giant-Man didn't. The answer to THAT question, may provide the stepping stones for what might/should happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindpugh View Post
    I'm a huge Pym fan. But you won't find many of us on here.
    I am! Big Hank Pym fan, reporting for duty.

My first knowledge of the character came from that Avengers cartoon from the '90s that wasn't very popular because it didn't have Cap, Thor, or Iron Man. But I really liked his character.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I think he should join the illuminati. He fit the group in the alternate universe.
    He already joined the Illuminati. It was mentioned in the first "8 months later" issue. And he reappeared in the last issue, after he [SPOILER]returned from his trip to the multiverse with The Beyonders a.k.a. The Ivory Kings.[/SPOILER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    My favorite Pym identities are 1.)Scientist Supreme 2.)Wasp 3.)Yellowjacket. I like Ant-Man, Giant-Man and Goliath, but the 3 I named are my favorite.
    Ditto that.

I think Hank Pym's highest moment was when he was leader of the Mighty Avengers during Dark Reign. I loved that line-up of the team, and that run in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    so hank pym fans

how would you like to see hank explored upon post-secret wars? storyline wise, character wise etc.
    That's a good question.

Some might suggest taking this opportunity to pluck him out of time from the era before Avengers 215+, thus erasing what most haters base their hate upon, but I personally don't think that would change anything. They tend to bash 616-Pym for stuff 1610-Pym did, unable to make the difference between the two, so a retcon/youger Pym with a clean slate won't change a thing for that.

Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing about his past. He has made mistakes, but he's a character who has grown from those. He acknowledged those mistakes, which is a lot more than a lot of other superheroes who have done far far worse. I'm not the kind of fan that wants his mistakes to be erased or pretend they never happened. I just wished people could understand that nothing is completely black or white, in life as in comics.

He was going in the right direction for me, after MA (where, honestly, he looked like he was still searching to find his bearings and his place in the world, sometimes not going at it the right way). Going into Avengers Academy, Avengers A.I., and all the cameos we saw him in (Daredevil, Avengers Arena, Av. Undercover, A+X, The Indestructible Hulk, ...) he seemed to be in a good place, and I would like to see this continue post-Secret Wars.

I would like to see him play a more prominent role, like in the best days of the Avengers, be part of a team book written by a good writer who understands the character (like Gage or Waid obviously did) and who also understands his relationships with his teammates (they're his friends, for heaven's sake. Stop making them act like they hate him... oh sorry, that was just Bendis!), with a great artist (I like Valerio Schiti's art, but many others are great too). And no more costume changing: keep him as Giant-Man (sorry Hickman, your reason for YJ coming back is non-existent...).

As the girlie fangirl (I don't do that often, but I'll do it now ) I'd like to see an arc where he somehow saves Jan from wherever she's stuck this time, and I'd like their relationship explored more maturely, not in a "we've been married before, let's try to hook back on again" cause honestly that didn't end up well for neither of them. I would like for them to start spending time together, realize they both have changed, and maybe liking this change, enough to fall in love all over again. Not because they once were in love, but because they fell in love with the person the other has become. And not have this happen in the course of one or two issues.

On the other side, I don't want the MCU bleeding in the comics. Like, at all. That means no ageing him, no killing off Jan for good, and not retcon a mysterious daughter out of thin air (although I'd be good with him eventually having a daughter, just don't make her appear suddenly all grown up), not having him run a company, not having Cross suddenly pop up and somehow hating Pym for no reason whatsoever (I'm not even sure they know each other at all in the comics!). Basically, I don't want anything from the movie pouring into the comics, because basically everything in the movie contradicts comics canon.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I would like an explanation as to why Hank became Yellowjacket again. I don't have a problem with it, I just want a sentence or something. It's seems like he hasn't gone off the deep in again, and I think it's obvious that he's yellowjacket because of the movie coming out this year, but canonically I just want the tiniest bit of insight at to what that costume/identity offers him that Giant-Man didn't. The answer to THAT question, may provide the stepping stones for what might/should happen next.
    Somebody asked Tom Brevoort that question on his Tumblr blog, and he answered that it was because Jonathan Hickman liked Yellowjacket. Which to me seems like a crappy answer, and a crappy reason

You're right in saying he seems to still have himself together and hasn't slipped. I first thought it was because of what happened to Jan at the end of Axis, but then I realized he doesn't even know about that. When he left "8 months ago" to go look for the Beyonder, Tony wasn't inverted yet, so it happened before Axis began. So it can't be his reason for taking on the YJ costume again.

Pym was sane for the most of time when using Yellowjacket anyway... but that is one weird reason... so...

Hank Pym was the villainous Yellowjacket in Ant-Man 2015 movie confirmed!

It's going to be super weird now for Pym and Janet to get back together... one has a biological son with Tigra and the other has a daughter lost in time...

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Pym was sane for the most of time when using Yellowjacket anyway... but that is one weird reason... so...

Hank Pym was the villainous Yellowjacket in Ant-Man 2015 movie confirmed!

It's going to be super weird now for Pym and Janet to get back together... one has a biological son with Tigra and the other has a daughter lost in time...

I don't think they will get back together any time soon.

I don't evne think there will be a Janet van Dyne.