Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1745
    Ultimate Member

Though if Ultron were to show back up and Hank would show up at the same time he'd probably get attacked before the Avengers could figure out that they weren't the same guy anymore...I just don't want Hank to come back only to be used to push some other character or pairing...like with Janet and Tony, I just don't see that pairing lasting, it's not in Tony's nature...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though if Ultron were to show back up and Hank would show up at the same time he'd probably get attacked before the Avengers could figure out that they weren't the same guy anymore...I just don't want Hank to come back only to be used to push some other character or pairing...like with Janet and Tony, I just don't see that pairing lasting, it's not in Tony's nature...
    But at the same time, it would be the ultimate proof that Ultron and Hank are really separated, if the Avengers were to fight Ultron alongside Hank.

I with you on this, I wouldn't want Hank to be used to push some other character... and I certainly don't want him to be stepped on (pun intended ), especially to raise some other character or relationship up.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    it's almost like women and people of color exist
    Of course they exist. (What part of Hispanic woman did you miss? I just prefer when such characters feel like natural parts of the story rather than forced in to fulfill some sort of social justice warrior quota.)

I watched Doctor Who for the Doctor who was solved (and created at times) problems. With -some- aid from his companions. The Doctor was always the main hero. Lately it seemed that it had become the other way around...the Doctor was there to aid the Companions who saved the day. (cough, Clara, cough)

Not my cup of tea. If they wanted a powerful woman show then they should have done a spinoff with his daughter or Leela, or Romana.
    So I've pretty much left the franchise. You guys/gals enjoy if you want.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    On a side note, he had never been more stable and "normal" as when he was with Tigra in AA.
    I always kind of liked the Dr. Pym version that appeared in the Beyond! mini-series. Admittedly, he turned out to be Skrull Pym but we didn’t know that at the time. He seemed every bit the stable and capable leader as he was during his WCA run. At the conclusion, he ended up with Firebird and things seemed to be really looking up for the character. Their relationship was never further explored, as far as I know. Then came Secret Invasion...

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    I always kind of liked the Dr. Pym version that appeared in the Beyond! mini-series. Admittedly, he turned out to be Skrull Pym but we didn’t know that at the time. He seemed every bit the stable and capable leader as he was during his WCA run. At the conclusion, he ended up with Firebird and things seemed to be really looking up for the character. Their relationship was never further explored, as far as I know. Then came Secret Invasion...
    It was said that the Skrulls copied everything perfectly as to be able to fool anyone, so in essence I suppose the real Pym would have acted the same way the Skrull did.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Ultimate Member

Saw an article on the front page here about whether or not Janet dating Tony could push Hank to be a villain when he comes back, I'm not sure that he'd be happy about it but I doubt that it'd make him go bad, he'd probably just stay away from it all imho, still think that he should come back and save Janet and/or Nadia, or save them due to his knowledge of the shrinking and getting bigger tech and such but without them knowing until after that he was the one that saved them...

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    It was said that the Skrulls copied everything perfectly as to be able to fool anyone, so in essence I suppose the real Pym would have acted the same way the Skrull did.
    I think to a point.

The Skrull acted enough like the genuine article to foil but they also deliberately acted in a way that furthered the Skrull's agenda.

Granted, it was in hindsight, but when the real Hank learned about what happened during the Civil War he was absolutely horrified in a way the Skrull Pym wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think to a point.

The Skrull acted enough like the genuine article to foil but they also deliberately acted in a way that furthered the Skrull's agenda.

Granted, it was in hindsight, but when the real Hank learned about what happened during the Civil War he was absolutely horrified in a way the Skrull Pym wasn't.
    Didn’t the original Skrull Pym think the Secret Invasion is a lost cause and tried to warn random cilvilian about it? The Queen then replaced her with a clone and asked her to improvise and stir as much shit as possible in Civil War etc.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Incredible Member

I also thought it was very telling that even the Skrull Pym didn't get any respect from his peers.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I also thought it was very telling that even the Skrull Pym didn't get any respect from his peers.
    he was TIME magazine man of the year. he also had more than a few acts of heroism while at Camp Hammond that were acknowledged on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Didn’t the original Skrull Pym think the Secret Invasion is a lost cause and tried to warn random cilvilian about it? The Queen then replaced her with a clone and asked her to improvise and stir as much shit as possible in Civil War etc.
    this was attributed to Pym's natural paranoia and instability in the story itself. it certainly wasn't treated as a compliment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he was TIME magazine man of the year. he also had more than a few acts of heroism while at Camp Hammond that were acknowledged on panel.
    Yeah, but Reed Richards and Tony Stark still treated him poorly, laughing at his "GIAnt-Man idea.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Saw an article on the front page here about whether or not Janet dating Tony could push Hank to be a villain when he comes back, I'm not sure that he'd be happy about it but I doubt that it'd make him go bad, he'd probably just stay away from it all imho, still think that he should come back and save Janet and/or Nadia, or save them due to his knowledge of the shrinking and getting bigger tech and such but without them knowing until after that he was the one that saved them...
    Not really sure why people are so obsessed with Hank Pym becoming a villain to be honest. You would think Pymtron would of satisfied those villainous Pym desires some folks wanted.

Hank has seen Janet date other people before and has been ok about it. Hank's dated other women as well (Tigra, Jocasta and Firebird). If all the other stuff Pym has been through hasn't pushed him into a full on villain then I doubt seeing his ex hook up with another friend of his again is going to.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Not really sure why people are so obsessed with Hank Pym becoming a villain to be honest. You would think Pymtron would of satisfied those villainous Pym desires some folks wanted.

Hank has seen Janet date other people before and has been ok about it.
    when was that?

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Yeah, but Reed Richards and Tony Stark still treated him poorly, laughing at his "GIAnt-Man idea.
    it was kind of goofy. they just said that it sounded like a children's toy. and it kind of does doesn't it? I think all 3 of them were very tired when they had that conversation (like up for days tired). that version of "Pym" was always popping pills to stay level.