Page 13 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Lang used it to rob banks too. At least in EMH.
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Whoa...! I'd be first in line to buy that!
    Actually, you would be the second in line.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    New Ant-Man final battle movie lego featuring a suited up Hank Pym as Ant-Man riding a giant ant along side Scott Lang's Ant-Man and villain Yellowjacket.

Worth remembering Lego isn't movie accurate (Iron Man 3 had fake Mandarin Trevor Slattery riding in some attack vehicle as a villain).
    That's pretty cool. I'll probably pick out Pym's minifigure separately once the set drops. I'm still pretty butt hurt over everything surrounding the Ant-Man movie.

I think it could sell as well with the right creative team behind it.

There aren't many couple superhero books around as well.
    I think both characters have a sizeable enough fanbase to sustain the book. Honestly, it would need something different from the traditional superhero approach to really work like the new Batgirl, Harley Quinn, and Hawkeye books have done. It would be important to play up the contrast between Hank's science world with Jan's fashion/business world to create fun stories.
    No current creators come to mind to write the book, so maybe Marvel could look to tap some less mainstream indy talent to do the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I wish Marvel would put out an ongoing co-headlined by Hank and Jan.
    I'm sure Marvel will try something with Hank. Howard the Duck had a 5 seconds cameo in GOTG and he ended up getting an omnibus and an ongoing.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I'm sure Marvel will try something with Hank. Howard the Duck had a 5 seconds cameo in GOTG and he ended up getting an omnibus and an ongoing.
    Unless he's evil and dies during the movie.

Man I just can't get enough of Internet's knee jerk reaction.
    Hank Pym is mentor like say Iron Monger? He's evil!
    Hank Pym gets Yellowjacket suit? He's evil!
    Janet is fridged? He's evil!
    Hope has dinner with Darren Cross? Pym's evil!
    Hank Pym wears black Ant-Man suit in Lego set? He's evil!
    Hank Pym speech in teaser trailer too emotional? He's manipulative and evil!

Now I actually believe he's going to be evil in the film.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Most people who don't read comics featuring Hank Pym only know three things from his 50 year comic history. Pym created ultron, he is mentally unstable at times and once hit his wife. All theses incidents out of context make people believe Pym has spent those 50 years of comics as some sort of maniacal wife beating villain who creates homicidal robots every week because he is a crazy evil genius.

Given this limited view of the character people tend to look or some sign he is a evil villain.

The thing is if you have been flowing Ant-Man closely the producer, director and actors have already explained much of the plot and character motivation for Pym as well as the other characters. Most of these internet theories have been debunked unless you believe everyone involved in promoting the film is flat out lying in every interview they have been given which isn't a good way to market a movie.

Actually, you would be the second in line.
    From the looks of it, we wouldn't be alone in line

That's pretty cool. I'll probably pick out Pym's minifigure separately once the set drops. I'm still pretty butt hurt over everything surrounding the Ant-Man movie.
    I'm leaning toward getting the action figures from the 2015 Hasbro line that's just been presented to the NY toy fair. There's one of Giant-Man, in my favorite costume!! I'll try to get Wasp too! I don't think I'll be getting the one from the movie though, except if it's clear it's Pym. Yeah, I'm like that

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

From the looks of it, we wouldn't be alone in line

I'm leaning toward getting the action figures from the 2015 Hasbro line that's just been presented to the NY toy fair. There's one of Giant-Man, in my favorite costume!! I'll try to get Wasp too! I don't think I'll be getting the one from the movie though, except if it's clear it's Pym. Yeah, I'm like that
    I'd buy a Pym book sight unseen if Mark Waid was writing it. Loved his preview version (not so much the book that followed it.)
    Also would rather purchase comicbook merchandise than ones based on TV or movie shows....unless those were totally badass.
    Lego's, however, are almost always cool. Though even there I prefer their animated versions. Imagine a Lego Antman-Scott, Wasp-Jan, Giant Man-Pym film. First in line indeed.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Ant-Man ant farm!
    B95xQBsCAAAyHv4.jpg
    Merchandise for this film is weird

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

OMG.
    You better have Antman on speed dial if thus suckers ever break out.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

So after being THE featured character of New Avengers #30 (and suffered another mental breakdown, I have lost count, this is like the eighth?), according to this correspondence

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24141/...marvel_zombies

Doctor Pym will be in both Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies by Robinson and another redacted book by Duggan during the Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    So after being THE feature character of New Avengers #30 (and suffered another mental breakdown, I have lost count, this is like the eighth?), according to this correspondence

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24141/...marvel_zombies

Doctor Pym will be in both Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies by Robinson and another redacted book by Duggan during the Secret Wars.
    I really hope that doesn't make him old.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Hank Pym will be the Ant-Man when he gets added to Marvel Heroes!!!

Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I really hope that doesn't make him old.
    I hope so too! But the article about "Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies" talked about Pym as "a man from an earlier time". So it seems they're doing the opposite. And anyways, those are only alternate versions.

I'm still trying to figure out if there'll be a real version of all the characters somewhere in the books during Secret Wars.

And on a side note, I hope we'll get more details in advance about this Duggan book that's still classified for the moment, since if I want to have it I have to tell my LCS two months in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    So after being THE featured character of New Avengers #30 (and suffered another mental breakdown, I have lost count, this is like the eighth?)
    To be fair, anyone would have lost their marbles seeing the things Pym saw in NA #30.

I would say about the sixth, but this is something people with mental illness have to deal with in real life all the time. No point in making fun of it (if that was your intention).

Ultimate Member

I hope so too! But the article about "Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies" talked about Pym as "a man from an earlier time". So it seems they're doing the opposite. And anyways, those are only alternate versions.
    If only this could mean that we might see Hank Pym in a future Agent Carter mini-series, but I would imagine that Michael Douglas is a bit too 'big name' to be able to rope into appearing in a TV mini-series.