Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Exactly, what is there to hate, because there is nothing there. He was a cardboard cut out. Nothing there to hate, but nothing there to like either. The Avengers Academy is another regression story for Pym. Ditching all the development Slott introduce in MA, and regressing Pym to a simpler Mr. Nice guy character that was boring as hell.
    And sure Tigra took advantage of Mr. Nice guy Pym and asked him to foster the abomination, unlike the reader though Pym didn't get to read her dog him in the Initiative.
    You are confusing Slott with Gage. Gage makes Pym Scientist Supreme, Slott then makes it a punchline for Loki. Gage established Pym's Mighty Avengers as The Avengers, then Slott made him trading insults with Osborn and torturing Loki, so crazy everyone else on the team quit on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    eeeeeeeeeeerr pretty sure Tigra asked Pym to foster the child if she died because superheroes died all the time. Then they somehow started dating because of pom! What advantage is there to take? Pym also did a full research on the kid to reveal that its his 100% DNA offspring. The Avengers Academy is a reinventing story for Pym, with some theatrical flare of Scientific Adventurer... what is there to hate?
    Tigra asked Pym to foster William if ever something was to happen to her, but she NEVER acknowledged the fact that Hank was William's father. She also said that she didn't want to raise the baby with Hank (I think it's in issue #7 of AA). The closest she got was describing William as Hank's 'godson'... and Hank took all that and never said a word, but was there by her side nevertheless, getting involved as much as Tigra would let him. I'm not sure Tigra's attitude towards Hank was the best, and it was another subtle reminder that "he wasn't good enough to be the father of her child". Way to kick a guy with already low self-esteem right in the nuts IMO...

BANNED

Looks like Pym is dead post Sw. Unless some other writer brings him back as a human.

You are confusing Slott with Gage. Gage makes Pym Scientist Supreme, Slott then makes it a punchline for Loki. Gage established Pym's Mighty Avengers as The Avengers, then Slott made him trading insults with Osborn and torturing Loki, so crazy everyone else on the team quit on the spot.
    Actually, Slott is credited for the plot of MA #30, while Gage wrote the script.

Everybody quit the team after Pym invited Loki to join his Avengers. Which was crazy as hell, until the events in Siege proved he was actually right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Actually, Slott is credited for the plot of MA #30, while Gage wrote the script.

Everybody quit the team after Pym invited Loki to join his Avengers. Which was crazy as hell, until the events in Siege proved he was actually right to do so.
    Great to know, except it still says nothing on whose idea it is. I mean (in a extreme situation) Slott may as well have wrote a brief synopsis and Gage inserted the crazy bit about Overspace and Scientist Supreme.

My reasoning is that after Gage left the book, all kind of bad rep just kept happening to him (losing to Osborn, torture Loki, marry Ultron). And then Gage showed the Overspace bit again in Avengers Academy. And then Molly from Runaways said that he's her favorite Avengers etc. Make you wonder.

Also I was not following the book, but the Siege thing looks like an afterthought of readers. I mean, from the book itself the reason Loki turned is because the all destruction and mayhem... Pym didn't have anything to do with that.

Tigra asked Pym to foster William if ever something was to happen to her, but she NEVER acknowledged the fact that Hank was William's father. She also said that she didn't want to raise the baby with Hank (I think it's in issue #7 of AA). The closest she got was describing William as Hank's 'godson'... and Hank took all that and never said a word, but was there by her side nevertheless, getting involved as much as Tigra would let him. I'm not sure Tigra's attitude towards Hank was the best, and it was another subtle reminder that "he wasn't good enough to be the father of her child". Way to kick a guy with already low self-esteem right in the nuts IMO...

Then let them get Firebird back! Wasn't she still interested in Pym during Beyond! ?

Also I was not following the book, but the Siege thing looks like an afterthought of readers. I mean, from the book itself the reason Loki turned is because the all destruction and mayhem... Pym didn't have anything to do with that.
    I never said he had anything to do with that. But he predicted Loki would turn around and help the Avengers, that's why he asked him to join in the first place.

Then let them get Firebird back! Wasn't she still interested in Pym during Beyond! ?
    But he was never in love with her. He liked her, but that was all.

But Firebird is a nice character who would deserve to be brought back.

LoL, no im not. Gage just scripted those issues off of Slott's plot. Which actually does say something on whose idea it is. I mean if u really think that it was Gage who came up with and inserted the crazy bit about Overspace and Scientist Supreme, then u must not have read that run fully. Because that all followed suit with what Slott was doing with the character.

Question for the thread, and apologies if this has been brought up before, but what issues/series would you say have the best and most positive representations of Hank and Janet's relationship as a couple? Apologies if this has already been brought up .

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, no im not. Gage just scripted those issues off of Slott's plot. Which actually does say something on whose idea it is. I mean if u really think that it was Gage who came up with and inserted the crazy bit about Overspace and Scientist Supreme, then u must not have read that run fully. Because that all followed suit with what Slott was doing with the character.
    How dare you? Not reading it fully? Where is such entitled assumption coming from? At this point the only valid argument is present an Q&A email from either Slott or Gage.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Question for the thread, and apologies if this has been brought up before, but what issues/series would you say have the best and most positive representations of Hank and Janet's relationship as a couple? Apologies if this has already been brought up .
    Onslaught: Marvel Universe (1996) #1 features the culmination of their relationship of past 30+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would say probably Busiek's run. Avengers vol3 from the start up to where he passed the torch over to some other writer (who screwed up the relationship so badly and so fast it's not even funny). It includes the awesome arc "Ultron Unlimited", as well as some great character growth on both Jan and Hank's part (but mostly Jan). You also have to read the Avengers Annual 2001 that goes with it; it inserts itself between #43 and 44. Busiek had literally fixed Hank in what I thought was a permanent fix. But as I said, other writers came along and decided to completely ignore all this.

But in any case, you can't go wrong reading Busiek. He's the best of the best, IMO.

I would say probably Busiek's run. Avengers vol3 from the start up to where he passed the torch over to some other writer (who screwed up the relationship so badly and so fast it's not even funny). It includes the awesome arc "Ultron Unlimited", as well as some great character growth on both Jan and Hank's part (but mostly Jan). You also have to read the Avengers Annual 2001 that goes with it; it inserts itself between #43 and 44. Busiek had literally fixed Hank in what I thought was a permanent fix. But as I said, other writers came along and decided to completely ignore all this.

But in any case, you can't go wrong reading Busiek. He's the best of the best, IMO.
    Busiek wrote Preface for Rage of Ultron (where he also wrote SW and QS are mutants before adding "in the past" in parentheses.

spoilers:
    To get into spoiler territory, the ending has gotten a lot of people talking already, with Hank Pym and Ultron merged together, floating through space and Hank considered effectively dead by his Avengers peers -- is there any insight you can provide about what went into that decision, and the new status quo for one of Marvel's oldest characters?

Alonso: With "Rage of Ultron," we wanted to do an important story that would have a lasting impact on the world of the Avengers, one that would reverberate for years to come. (SPOILER WARNING) Merging Hank and Ultron into a single entity was Rick's idea, and seemed to fit the bill, bringing the character's long Oedipus Complex to perhaps the only close it could have. This isn't the last we've seen of Hank Pym and Ultron.
    end of spoilers

Years to come.