Page 48 of 117 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Another great week!

The All-New All-Difference Giant-Man has fully taken over the resident super scientist role with an advanced degree in Applied Pym Particles! He acknowledged Pym's contribution in fields of A.I., programming, coding, chemistry and biochemistry!

The narrator in Vision is not Pymtron!
    I was surprised to hear Raz had shown up in Ultimates, which was cool, though not sure how I feel if he seems to be taking up Hank's super-scientist role and Pym Particle expertise....

At least Hank's being acknowledged, which is something, and it gives Raz more of a reason to be Giant-Man then he showed in the annual, but still feels like it's taking more away from Hank .

In a throwaway line, Al Ewing managed to both reference Hank Pym's Mighty Avengers Crack-the-Darkhold-Code era and explain how he's a master of so many fields. Apparently Hank Pym's various areas of expertise bled into each other and he has revolutionized the fields of chemistry by making particles programmable by code, all the while picking up Matt Fraction's FF Pym Particles three-axes theory which is for some reason ignored by current Scott Lang writer Nick Spencer.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 01-07-2016 at 12:08 AM.

Dammit, Spencer should have caught that but then again, almost the entire Spencer Ant-man series is about how Lang is a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was surprised to hear Raz had shown up in Ultimates, which was cool, though not sure how I feel if he seems to be taking up Hank's super-scientist role and Pym Particle expertise....

At least Hank's being acknowledged, which is something, and it gives Raz more of a reason to be Giant-Man then he showed in the annual, but still feels like it's taking more away from Hank .
    Really not happy about all this...

Some of you must be pestering Tom so much he HAD to answer once:
    Hey I saw the Hank Pym question/rant and I feel obligated to point out… Hank was Ant-Man again in Avengers AI #7 in like 2013! On that note, I'm a massive Hank Pym fangirl, and I'm sorry if this is annoying, because I realize your busy doing stuff which I am grateful for, but you never answer any of my questions, and I just really want to know if it's true because I heard (on tumblr) that Hank is gonna un-meld from Ultron and be with Janet again in ANAD? I'm wondering if that rumor is legit? PLZ
    That certainly must be a rumor. But I’m not going to spoil any stories ahead of time for you or anyone, so the best that I can tell you about this is “wait and see.”
    I believe "no spoiler" + "wait and see" usually means some immediate stories are in store e.g. Time Runs Out, Ant-Man Annual, Rage of Ultron etc.

Some of you must be pestering Tom so much he HAD to answer once:

I believe "no spoiler" + "wait and see" usually means some immediate stories are in store e.g. Time Runs Out, Ant-Man Annual, Rage of Ultron etc.
    I saw that too, and thought the same thing you did. It does seem like something is developing... fingers crossed for something positive for Hank...

On a side note, it wasn't my questions (if ever someone was wondering)! I once wrote Tom Brevoort to ask if there would be a second TPB for TTA from 50-something to the end of Giant-Man's run, but he never answered That was the only time I wrote him. But it's nice to see we're not the only fans and others care deeply too!

I read Rage of Ultron and want to know when that version of Ultron/Pym will be seen again? Any plans, I thought it was cool.

Sooner than you think!

Let's just hope they are not bringing him back just so they can finish him for good this time... Especially considering all those Civil War 2 killing hype. I think this answer is extremely ominous because the timing.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Let's just hope they are not bringing him back just so they can finish him for good this time... Especially considering all those Civil War 2 killing hype. I think this answer is extremely ominous because the timing.
    I think any film character is likely safe, but I would bet good money on unmelded Pym getting aged up significantly when he does return
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

http://www.avclub.com/article/avenge...charact-230557

There'll be 67 characters in Infinity War. Sounds like we can count on Hank at least having a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    http://www.avclub.com/article/avenge...charact-230557

There'll be 67 characters in Infinity War. Sounds like we can count on Hank at least having a cameo.
    It would be nice to see him, and potentially Jan for that matter, interact with the other MCU Avengers .

It's also worth noting that Ant-Man and Wasp is set between the Infinity War 2-parters. There is no way they are not going to heavily tie-in into them for capitalization because Ant-Man still lacks the draw other franchises have.

Hank Pym was not in Infinity Gauntlet right? Did he do anything in Infinity War?

It's also worth noting that Ant-Man and Wasp is set between the Infinity War 2-parters. There is no way they are not going to heavily tie-in into them for capitalization because Ant-Man still lacks the draw other franchises have.

Hank Pym was not in Infinity Gauntlet right? Did he do anything in Infinity War?
    If memory serves, this was during the West Coast Avengers years, so he didn't have a superhero identity... I seem to recall he was in Infinity War, but can't recall him doing something substantial.

I imagine that we might see the newer heroes of Phase 2 and 3 come in as reinforcements for the Phase 1 Avengers once the initial fight with Thanos goes badly, which is where Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, and Dr. Strange will come in.