Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I hope the friendship Waid created with Matt and Hank can continue in other titles. The potential is too big to pass up.

Extraordinary Member

I enjoy it also. It works well.

Default The Villain in the Ant-Man movie will be.....YELLOWJACKET?!

I am speechless. If Hank is actually the villain, it's clear that Marvel has no interest in giving Pym proper respect in his live action debut.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I keep hoping that some writer will remember that Hank Pym was turned into a Deathlock ciborg with half a robotic body and half a robotic brain...how cool would be a character who is Hank Pym and Ultron in one? Specially if he experiments and improves his robotic bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I am speechless. If Hank is actually the villain, it's clear that Marvel has no interest in giving Pym proper respect in his live action debut.
    The same people who are saying it's Yellowjacket as the villain are saying it's Darren Cross in the suit, not Pym. Don't get too worked up.

Extraordinary Member

Its clearly not Pym. Come on guys, maybe he suits up to tackle Scott when he is robbing him, but Pym is no villain.

Okay, so... let's see... They took Ultron from Pym. They took away the main lead from him in a movie called "Ant-Man". They took his youth in making MCU Pym a retired superhero. According to rumors, they took Janet away from him too. Now they're taking his Yellowjacket identity. Okay.

If I were Pym, I'd hold on to my pants real tight, cause they might just be about to take those too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Okay, so... let's see... They took Ultron from Pym. They took away the main lead from him in a movie called "Ant-Man". They took his youth in making MCU Pym a retired superhero. According to rumors, they took Janet away from him too. Now they're taking his Yellowjacket identity. Okay.

If I were Pym, I'd hold on to my pants real tight, cause they might just be about to take those too!
    Janet really?

I can't believe I was once excited for this movie.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Janet really?

I can't believe I was once excited for this movie.
    There were persistent rumors that said that Janet would be retconned as Pym's daughter in the MCU, so she can be Lang's love interest... *sigh*

Bottom line, there will be in this movie a character named Hank Pym, that probably will be completely unrecognizable to comic book fans. And that sucks.

There were persistent rumors that said that Janet would be retconned as Pym's daughter in the MCU, so she can be Lang's love interest... *sigh*

Bottom line, there will be in this movie a character named Hank Pym, that probably will be completely unrecognizable to comic book fans. And that sucks.
    Well, at least there is the hope that, if they make Hank Pym a benevolent, wise, parental figure in the movies, some of that image will seep into the collective perception of the character and Marvel, in trying to make Pym fit that image, will refrain from presenting him as a crazy villain or an incompetent failed hero ever again.

Anyways, I think that the Pym who has acted as mentor for the AA's kids and as head of the AI Avengers was the most interesting Pym in decades. Mentor roles do good to the character; they should use Hank Pym in mentoring roles for teenaged heroes mores often.

By the way, which is Hank Pym and Tigra's relationship's status? At the end of Avengers Academy they were in an awkward arrangement in which Tigra allowed Hank Pym to be around her baby without acknowledging him as the father, and in which they acted as parental figures for their students and as good friends to each other without being in a romantic relationship with each other, but Tigra and her kitty seemed to have a stabilizing influence on Pym, keep Pym anchored... Later, In Avengers AI Tigra and her baby weren't around anymore and Pym was back to bouncing between crazy euphoria and crushing depression, but at least he had acknowledged his condition and was fighting against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Well, at least there is the hope that, if they make Hank Pym a benevolent, wise, parental figure in the movies, some of that image will seep into the collective perception of the character and Marvel, in trying to make Pym fit that image, will refrain from presenting him as a crazy villain or an incompetent failed hero ever again.

Anyways, I think that the Pym who has acted as mentor for the AA's kids and as head of the AI Avengers was the most interesting Pym in decades. Mentor roles do good to the character; they should use Hank Pym in mentoring roles for teenaged heroes mores often.

By the way, which is Hank Pym and Tigra's relationship's status? At the end of Avengers Academy they were in an awkward arrangement in which Tigra allowed Hank Pym to be around her baby without acknowledging him as the father, and in which they acted as parental figures for their students and as good friends to each other without being in a romantic relationship with each other, but Tigra and her kitty seemed to have a stabilizing influence on Pym, keep Pym anchored... Later, In Avengers AI Tigra and her baby weren't around anymore and Pym was back to bouncing between crazy euphoria and crushing depression, but at least he had acknowledged his condition and was fighting against it.
    Those are good points that could help change mentalities in the long run...

About Tigra, you know as much as I do. Pym had told Tigra that he loved her, but she didn't answer. She never acknowledged Pym as William's father, calling him his "godfather". Maybe Tigra has a good influence on Pym, but one can argue that the fact that he felt useful with the Academy and the teens, and that he felt he had to be a good positive example for those kids, was what made him more stable.

I kind of like their relationship, actually, but I don't like the fact that Tigra doesn't seem to want to commit to the relationship as much as Pym seems to.

Those are good points that could help change mentalities in the long run...

About Tigra, you know as much as I do. Pym had told Tigra that he loved her, but she didn't answer. She never acknowledged Pym as William's father, calling him his "godfather". Maybe Tigra has a good influence on Pym, but one can argue that the fact that he felt useful with the Academy and the teens, and that he felt he had to be a good positive example for those kids, was what made him more stable.

I kind of like their relationship, actually, but I don't like the fact that Tigra doesn't seem to want to commit to the relationship as much as Pym seems to.
    A pity. Tigra is one of the few women I could see Hank having a stable relationship with. She seemed able to care for him but to keep him on track at the same time, calling him off when required.
    Last edited by Habis; 06-21-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Now they're taking his Yellowjacket identity.
    It's not like that identity hasn't already been used by others in the comics. A villain using the identity of Yellowjacket is nothing new.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

The way this stinko is going, I wouldn't be surprised if "Hank Pym" is just a regular guy who used jury-rigged Stark tech when he was young in order to make his suit. Why even allow him the honor of discovering Pym Particles when you can also give that accomplishment to Tony Stark, the Movie Superstar by simply renaming them Stark Particles?
    Totally lost interest in what was going to be my Must See movie once they announced the esteemed (but far, far too old) Michael Douglas as Pym.

Amazing that in the space of one year I've thrown in all but one thread of the towel when it comes to Marvel and DC messing up two of my top five favorite characters.
    Last edited by Kyer; 06-22-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Man, I would kill to see a HEROIC Hank as Yellowjacket in a movie. Roy Thomas made Hank such an awesome character when he created the Yellowjacket identity.

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman