Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Whatever, today I learned TinyCo is another known "freemium" cash grab company that charge your life blood for their Lord Mammon. Instant uninstall.

I wish Marvel Games have the dignity to dignitize "real" game (neckbeard falling out) like Marvel Legendary. Look how well designed and executed are those mobile games like Ascension, Sentinels of Multiverse.

Sigh.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Mini (Hulk vs. Ant-Man)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

LOL Brilliant. Love that Hulk chased him and destroyed the side of the buildings just for his precious coke LMAO.

Guys we already have multiple short-lived Scott appreciation threads:

http://community.comicbookresources....-Lang%29/page3

http://community.comicbookresources....n-Appreciation

It would be best to post this ad there instead of Hank Pym thread.

I also suggest that we change this thread title to something more general like "Master of Many Sizes: Hank Pym Appreciation" to avoid confusion.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Is Hank Pym no longer regarded as the original Ant Man anymore because of the film?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Is Hank Pym no longer regarded as the original Ant Man anymore because of the film?
    No, Hank is still the original Ant-Man, even in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Guys we already have multiple short-lived Scott appreciation threads:

http://community.comicbookresources....-Lang%29/page3

http://community.comicbookresources....n-Appreciation

It would be best to post this ad there instead of Hank Pym thread.
    Thanks, friend, for writing out what I've held myself from doing I was afraid I was going to antagonize somebody. You did it with class!

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I also suggest that we change this thread title to something more general like "Master of Many Sizes: Hank Pym Appreciation" to avoid confusion.
    I think the title should stay, as it states the truth after all. Maybe people just didn't know there was a Lang Appreciation Thread. I don't think it's confusing, especially since Hank's name is in the title of the thread

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

What I find funny is, according to Brevoort on his tumblr, fans of Scott Lang were more active than Hank and that was the reason he had a book and Hank didn't. Appreciation threads on these forums tell otherwise. =P
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    What I find funny is, according to Brevoort on his tumblr, fans of Scott Lang were more active than Hank and that was the reason he had a book and Hank didn't. Appreciation threads on these forums tell otherwise. =P
    Geez... everybody knows Lang got a book because there was a movie coming out which for "Wright" reasons would feature Lang, and they had to increase the awareness and exposure of the character (who didn't have much more than Eric O'Grady, at the time). They gave the book to Spencer, who had proven he could make books work and sell, to make sure they would achieve their goal. I don't know on which planet Tom Brevoort is living, but his personal tastes are clearly biasing his "facts".

Editors either lie all the time or seriously have no idea what people are interested in.

A Pym solo book would always sell better. That's obvious.

Also Hope van Dyne wasn't demanded to be in comics, that's a complete lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Editors either lie all the time or seriously have no idea what people are interested in.

I think they bend the truth to adapt to the current market, as though to give the impression they have everything planned and in control. Maybe somewhere down the line they'll bring Pym forward while Lang falls back to the background, and Brevoort will say something like: "Yes, it was always planned from the start to bring Pym forward". But the thing is they're not interchangeable. One doesn't have to fall back for the other to rise. They both can have a book, as long as Marvel goes its way to make both books a success.

Of course everybody can believe what they want, but all this is so obvious that it just looks silly of Brevoort to deny it. Like it's silly of him to say the MCU character of Hope was "greatly demanded by fans" to move over to the comics, or that fans of Lang were more active than Pym fans, or again that the MCU isn't bleeding at all in the comics.

As for a solo, I don't know. I mean, I love the character, obviously, but Hank as always mostly been a team player. Personally I'm rooting for a "Tales to Astonish" book with Hank and Jan, exploring and facing new and old opponents. Revisit the microverse, the Diamond, heck the realm of abstract entities! With a good writer and a good artist onboard, anything can work. If Marvel really wants a book to succeed, they'll make it work. But I know it probably won't ever happen.

My "Uncanny Avengers" question pertains to Hank Pym/Ultron. When you took over "Uncanny Avengers" from Rick Remender, was it always the plan to pick up his Pym/Ultron story from "Rage of Ultron?" What's it like to inherit a juicy story nugget like that?

I owe Rick a lot, not just for the Pym lead, but yeah -- this story has been very fun. I think we managed to save a lot of surprises into the first five issues. We'll find out what life is like for Pym after being merged with Ultron in the graphic novel. There are some threats on the horizon that Pym and his tamed machine could help take down.
    I take it that Pym will not be an arc villain...

Some interesting fact has showed up in a Gerry Duggan interview for Uncanny Avengers...

Question:
    My "Uncanny Avengers" question pertains to Hank Pym/Ultron. When you took over "Uncanny Avengers" from Rick Remender, was it always the plan to pick up his Pym/Ultron story from "Rage of Ultron?" What's it like to inherit a juicy story nugget like that?
    Duggan's answer:
    I owe Rick a lot, not just for the Pym lead, but yeah -- this story has been very fun. I think we managed to save a lot of surprises into the first five issues. We'll find out what life is like for Pym after being merged with Ultron in the graphic novel. There are some threats on the horizon that Pym and his tamed machine could help take down.
    It definitely seems like Duggan will be picking up on Hank's story somewhere down the line in UA, and it also calms any fear I could have of having them turn Hank into a bad guy. From what Duggan says, Hank got the better over Ultron and is now the one in control. And also that he managed to severe the merge, since they talk about them as two distinct individuals... for lack of a better word.

I'm not picking up the book at the moment, but I might if Hank gets added as a regular on the team. Yes, even if Deadpool is in it. I'll try my best to just ignore him

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Using this board as a gauge isn't a really good measuring stick. Like at all.

If you were going by which threads are the most active on the CBR forums then a bunch of lower tier characters would be the most popular characters. Hank Pym, Captain Marvel and a bunch of C-list X-Men would be more popular than the A-list Avengers like Hulk or Iron Man.

Case in point: Scott Lang's thread gets no attention but his movie still made a cool 500 million dollars.