Page 53 of 117 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Oh, right. I gotta keep up with these books. I didn't even know he was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Oh, right. I gotta keep up with these books. I didn't even know he was in it.
    Oh.

I'm sorry for spoiling it

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Janet will appear in Uncanny Avengers. Do you knwo what this means???

REUNION TIMEEEE!
    I know!!!!! I've seen your post in the Jan thread and jumped with joy!! Just to know that Janet will still be featured in a book is already good news, but in the same book? Even better!!

EDIT: That is, of course, if Duggan doesn't decide to have a less than pleasing path for these characters
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 02-10-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I know!!!!! I've seen your post in the Jan thread and jumped with joy!! Just to know that Janet will still be featured in a book is already good news, but in the same book? Even better!!

EDIT: That is, of course, if Duggan doesn't decide to have a less than pleasing path for these characters
    I trust Duggan, he never mishandled characters during his Hulk run, so I think he won't mishandle them.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    I trust Duggan, he never mishandled characters during his Hulk run, so I think he won't mishandle them.
    I've never read Duggan, so I'm going to trust you on this

Does anybody remember those rumors a while ago when Tim King said he couldn't use Pym in his Vision comics because "Waid needed him" or something? Looks like it wasn't Waid, but Duggan after all...

UNCANNY AVENGERS #9
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A)
    COVER BY MARK BAGLEY
    THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH starts now!
    • ULTRON IS BACK! BUT THIS TIME, HANK PYM IS IN CONTROL--OR IS HE?
    • The taming of Ultron creates unexpected complications and divides the Unity Squad.
    • And...Rogue meets Gambit. We promise.
    32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

The arc title does not bode well. Will Hank Pym fall into depression? Will Janet finally declare she no longer loves him? Will Pym's alien family die of thirst?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    The arc title does not bode well. Will Hank Pym fall into depression? Will Janet finally declare she no longer loves him? Will Pym's alien family die of thirst?
    I think the bigger issue is that Hank might not have complete control over Ultron and the Uncanny Avengers are divided over how to handle it...help him or deal with him.

If Janet's in this arc, she'd obviously want to help him no matter what, maybe Steve if he's still on the team for this. Quicksilver is the only other member of the team who has a real history with Hank, and was even part of his Mighty Avengers team, but I'm not sure if he'd rush to Hank's defense.

Will Hank get some bitchin' orange hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the bigger issue is that Hank might not have complete control over Ultron and the Uncanny Avengers are divided over how to handle it...help him or deal with him.

If Janet's in this arc, she'd obviously want to help him no matter what, maybe Steve if he's still on the team for this. Quicksilver is the only other member of the team who has a real history with Hank, and was even part of his Mighty Avengers team, but I'm not sure if he'd rush to Hank's defense.
    I think you're right. I can see some people not trusting Ultron to be tamed, or Hank having control over him, or even Hank being himself. It might make for a very interesting story, if handled well. And I've heard that Duggan is very respectful to the characters he writes, so we'll see.

As for Pietro, I don't know. I haven't read anything with him in since Avengers Academy so I don't know how he's written these days. He might be grateful for Hank not having called out his lies to the Inhumans about the Terrigen Crystals and having been replaced by a Skrull, but that was some time ago.

I might start following UA after all, for this arc, if Hank ends up on the team as a permanent member.

I think you're right. I can see some people not trusting Ultron to be tamed, or Hank having control over him, or even Hank being himself. It might make for a very interesting story, if handled well. And I've heard that Duggan is very respectful to the characters he writes, so we'll see.

As for Pietro, I don't know. I haven't read anything with him in since Avengers Academy so I don't know how he's written these days. He might be grateful for Hank not having called out his lies to the Inhumans about the Terrigen Crystals and having been replaced by a Skrull, but that was some time ago.

I might start following UA after all, for this arc, if Hank ends up on the team as a permanent member.
    In this book Quicksilver is written as the man with the biggest heart.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

In this book Quicksilver is written as the man with the biggest heart.
    Did he get knocked on the head or something?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Did he get knocked on the head or something?
    His daughter recently forgave him, so maybe that fixed him.

Most YouTube Hank Pym tribute videos are from Earth Mightiest Heroes era due to its popular portrayal... surprised that this got made now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRKOU_vpboY

They probably both hang around this forum LOL.

Randomly searching Pym on Twitter on a Sunday morning just like everyone else, found a tweet last month complaining that Marvel is undoing everything Remender did: Warren, Pym, and he/she was afraid that Wanda will become Magneto's child again.

Rick replied that
    Change is good. Maybe they can do better with Pym Warren. Wanda not being Magneto's kid was never my idea, was an assigned story