Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Personally, I'd prefer if Hank sat this one out. I don't trust Bendis with Hank, and him being involved would just give an immediate reason for him to be disliked by half of his peers. Hank has a hard time already, plus with the addition of being in a symbiotic relationship with Ultron? Hank doesn't need to add some "You were on the wrong side" or "You beat me up during this event" to the list of reasons other heroes don't respect him after JUST coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Personally, I'd prefer if Hank sat this one out. I don't trust Bendis with Hank, and him being involved would just give an immediate reason for him to be disliked by half of his peers. Hank has a hard time already, plus with the addition of being in a symbiotic relationship with Ultron? Hank doesn't need to add some "You were on the wrong side" or "You beat me up during this event" to the list of reasons other heroes don't respect him after JUST coming back.
    I completely agree with you there. Anyway you had me at "I don't trust Bendis with Hank" Which I don't either, by the way.

Best case scenario would be him coming back and seeing everybody at each other's throat and say "nope, not gonna go there!". Although knowing Hank he'd probably try and fix this somehow, maybe try to reason with both parties without taking sides or something. That's what I think he would have done if he had been around for the first civil war.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I prefer Bendis when he does street level stuff.

Hank is still getting hate for the first Civil War and he wasn't even involved.

Was the Skrull Pym thing always part of the plan or just a retcon of detail to rescue the character?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Was the Skrull Pym thing always part of the plan or just a retcon of detail to rescue the character?
    Skrull Pym didn't do worse than Richards or Stark during Civil War (actually they did way worse than Criti Noll), and they were more popular characters. I don't think it was a retcon per se, but maybe when the Secret Invasion storyline came about, they thought it would be interesting to have one of them replaced by a Skrull way earlier on. Why Hank and not Stark or Richards, I have no idea. Maybe because they thought them being more popular would somehow shield them from the hate from fans, while Hank (thanks to Miller and his Ultimates, and casual fans who can't tell different universes apart...) would not have the same treatment and would not recover from this as well as the other two.

So maybe not as much a retcon as it was an opportunity to tell a story.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I doubt it was done to rescue the character. I don't think marvel believes the character needs rescuing

UNCANNY AVENGERS #10

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A)

Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

ULTRON!

• Hank Pym’s journey leads him to a dark discovery.

• Something wicked this way comes...from outer space!

• Plus: the eagerly awaited return of Janet Van Dyne!
    I wonder if his presence is only for the arc (starting with #9) or if he'll join the team, or another team... Anyways, just glad that my boy is back in solicitations! Even if the cover for that solicit has me worried, as usual.

I guess I'll have to start following UA, at least for this arc

UNCANNY AVENGERS #10
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A)
    Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    ULTRON!
    • Hank Pym’s journey leads him to a dark discovery.
    • Something wicked this way comes...from outer space!
    • Plus: the eagerly awaited return of Janet Van Dyne!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

I interpret it as saying Hank Pym discovered a dark threat coming to Earth from outer space

How long will the arc be? 3 issues before road to civil war and civil war tie-ins
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

I interpret it as saying Hank Pym discovered a dark threat coming to Earth from outer space

How long will the arc be? 3 issues before road to civil war and civil war tie-ins
    The arc starts in may with #9 I believe, at the same time as Civil War II, so it's safe to say he won't be in CW. And I understood the solicit the same way you did. Looks like someone or something is trying to stop him, or maybe "steal" Ultron from him... Then again, covers rarely depict what's really going on.

I guess we'll know more in May

CW2 starts in June? Wow the Great One is quick! Guess Uncanny Avengers and All-New All-Different Avengers are both sitting out of this one team-wise. I hope there will be a status quo shake for the team after that event, since Steve and Wade are on opposing side (also Steve is regaining power again... he got back his power more than Hank and Janet got back together I would say)... and leave some slots open for Pymtron etc.

Hello, just curious. Will Wasp or Hank Pym have any part in Civil War 2 even if it's just a panel or two?
    Wait and see!
    That is ominous

That is ominous
    Typical Brevoort answer

Uncanny Avengers: Unity Vol. 2: The Man Who Fell to Earth Paperback description:

spoilers:

As Standoff unfolds, the Uncanny Avengers come to the aid of S.H.I.E.L.D. during a manhunt - and make a shocking discovery about an ally. But what does all that have to do with the mystery unfolding in Pleasant Hill? It was bound to happen with Deadpool in the ranks, but the team are about to lose their minds! Will one of them be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to get them out of their latest mess? And when original Avenger Hank Pym makes his return, will it be a happy reunion? How has his bio-mechanical new status quo affected him? And where Hank Pym goes, can the Wasp be far behind? Earth's Uncanniest Heroes present Avenging action, the likes of which you have never seen!

COLLECTING: UNCANNY AVENGERS 7-12
    end of spoilers

Nothing really new there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Skrull Pym didn't do worse than Richards or Stark during Civil War (actually they did way worse than Criti Noll), and they were more popular characters. I don't think it was a retcon per se, but maybe when the Secret Invasion storyline came about, they thought it would be interesting to have one of them replaced by a Skrull way earlier on. Why Hank and not Stark or Richards, I have no idea. Maybe because they thought them being more popular would somehow shield them from the hate from fans, while Hank (thanks to Miller and his Ultimates, and casual fans who can't tell different universes apart...) would not have the same treatment and would not recover from this as well as the other two.

So maybe not as much a retcon as it was an opportunity to tell a story.
    I think they just replaced Pym with a Skrull because Stark and Richards had an ongoing series and, well, tell the readers they were reading stories with a copycat all along. On the other hand, Pym was just one of the many characters in a recent title.