Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

That's true, Jan and Jennifer are very good friends, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocu View Post
    So for those who may have missed it Hank had an appearance in She-Hulk 07. My fiance usually gets the title but I bought it as soon as I saw he was on the cover, haha. Not many Pym sightings since AI ended. Anyways, reading this - and this will have some minor spoilers - reminded me of an issue that has happened with the character over and over. Do people not know how his powers work? It's so frustrating. It's another case of when they're shrunk none of them retain their regular size strength, and furthermore, Hank didn't seem capable of sizing without tapping something on his belt, or possibly it being linked to his helmet. It's annoying. He doesn't need that jazz.

Anyways! Just a minor rant, don't want to go too far in, but if anyone has read it let me know what you think.
    Hey, I thought the same thing! The button thing made me go all "what was that for...??" Also, why the retro costume? It was laundry day at the Pym house? ;-)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Hey, I thought the same thing! The button thing made me go all "what was that for...??" Also, why the retro costume? It was laundry day at the Pym house? ;-)
    Even odder is he had his current costume at the beginning. He doesn't need the ant-man helmet anyways so long as he has his antennae.

Edit: Actually his costume on the cover is accurate. The one on the inside looks like Giant-Man from the 60s. So weird. I like the art style though.
    Last edited by Rocu; 08-06-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Mighty Member

Editors are more interested in creating stories and mandates for other people to write than make sure a books is accurate, however, I enjoyed the issue overall. It was a good portrayal of Hank, especially as a wealthy entrepreneur. It's not a side we see of him that much.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Editors are more interested in creating stories and mandates for other people to write than make sure a books is accurate, however, I enjoyed the issue overall. It was a good portrayal of Hank, especially as a wealthy entrepreneur. It's not a side we see of him that much.
    I never thought of him having a lot of money, but really.. he should have if has enough for all of these labs, infinite avengers mansion, a school, etc. I have no idea where he came into money but it's cool that he has it. If Hank was still married to Jan when she "died" in secret invasion they could have had a really interesting story where Hank inherited her huge wealth and the ramifications of her coming back.

Hank did get Jan's assets when she died, i think. I know he got her costumes, and his lab in was located in a Van Dyne fashion outlet mall, between the big and tall shot and the children clothes shop. But she's alive now so.

Though the dude is one of the smartest men on the planet. So i guess it shouldn't be hard for him to come up with a way to make some serious cash. That being said, Hank being able to cut a 7 figure check is new to me. He never really seemed like he had that much money. Though he does seem well supplied, and he was able to open a bunch shelters and what have u.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hank did get Jan's assets when she died, i think. I know he got her costumes, and his lab in was located in a Van Dyne fashion outlet mall, between the big and tall shot and the children clothes shop. But she's alive now so.

Though the dude is one of the smartest men on the planet. So i guess it shouldn't be hard for him to come up with a way to make some serious cash. That being said, Hank being able to cut a 7 figure check is new to me. He never really seemed like he had that much money. Though he does seem well supplied, and he was able to open a bunch shelters and what have u.
    You could be right about that. It's something unimportant to a writer so we're not likely going to ever get an explanation. The geek in me wants to know though. So all we know now is that Pym is loaded. I think that might be the most interesting point in this issue that will never be addressed again.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Pym's company logo up at a local college in Atlanta for the Ant-Man movie. The college is doubling for his company headquarters.

057s5Kl.jpg

Cool.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Rocu View Post
    I never thought of him having a lot of money, but really.. he should have if has enough for all of these labs, infinite avengers mansion, a school, etc. I have no idea where he came into money but it's cool that he has it. If Hank was still married to Jan when she "died" in secret invasion they could have had a really interesting story where Hank inherited her huge wealth and the ramifications of her coming back.
    Back in the old Tale To Astonish comics Hank was actually supposed to be pretty well off. His lab and equipment was funded by selling patents of inventions and formulas he came up with. Hank wasn't as wealthy as blue blood Janet but he well off.

In the Yellowjacket Avengers era Pym went broke after spending most of his fortune on a series of failed experiments trying to come up with a new discovery to rival his discovery of Pym particles.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 11-07-2014 at 12:39 PM.

BANNED

Has anyone seen this?

This is suppose to be Yellow Jacket in the upcoming film. Not sure how reliable the source is but I figured share it.
    http://heroicuniverse.com/take-a-loo...et-in-ant-man/

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Has anyone seen this?

This is suppose to be Yellow Jacket in the upcoming film. Not sure how reliable the source is but I figured share it.
    http://heroicuniverse.com/take-a-loo...et-in-ant-man/
    Yes! I think it's a cool costume! We've been discussing it over at the movies forums:

http://community.comicbookresources....vel-s-Ant-Man!

Looking forward to the Rage Of Ultron Graphic Novel

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Looking forward to the Rage Of Ultron Graphic Novel
    I'm both looking forward and dreading that GN at the same time... Remender is not known for being a "happily ever after" kind of guy, and I'm honestly scared for the character and/or some stupid and stretching-to-be-logical retcon to accommodate the MCU... I really really hope my fears don't come true, and that Pym will go back to a team book after that (I do think he works better in a team book than in a solo book).

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Whoops (darn bookmarks)
    Last edited by Kyer; 11-17-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)