Page 90 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1745

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Thank you so much! It definitely looks like Ewing was writing out or changing some redundant characters (an Iron Man expy and a Hulk expy comes to mind) so his Avengers team will be incorporated better into the crossover. It is good to hear they will all have roles to play in the show.

Come to think of it his team is the only one that doesn't have Pym Particles users.
    To be honest, the entire article gave me more hope than reading the Legacy one-shot (which honestly felt a bit of a waste of 6$ since it didn't do anything to interest me in what was to come... )

Great news!!!!!

I will say this: there will definitely be founding Avengers that play a crucial role in a way they haven’t in many, many years in an Avengers comic.

Jan and Hank will have big roles in Avengers: No Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Great news!!!!!

I will say this: there will definitely be founding Avengers that play a crucial role in a way they haven’t in many, many years in an Avengers comic.

Jan and Hank will have big roles in Avengers: No Surrender
    I really hope you're right! But as usual, I'll try not to get my hopes up too high.

But fingers crossed nevertheless!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I would say since Disassembled. They sort of teamed up for the finale of Bendis' Avengers a few years back, when the original Avengers minus Hulk plus Cap went to rescue Jan from the Microverse, and that was pretty much it. Strange of me to say this because I don't particularly enjoy Bendis, but man was that good to read and look at!
    Over a decade without them appearing in a book regularly together. Over due a ongoing Avengers series reunion I think.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Larry Lieber!!!

Tales to Astonish #36 Oct 1962
    The Challenge of Comrade X!
    Ant-Man is hunted by a Soviet agent sent to capture him,

but a beautiful stranger warns him of the spy's whereabouts.

Script by Stan Lee and Larry Lieber http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._larry_lieber/ , art by Jack Kirby and Dick Ayers

So, according to casting calls, there might be at least two flashback scenes in "Ant-Man and the Wasp". There was one casting call for "military goons" and a different one for "background characters" that's supposed to take place in Argentina. I suppose those are for two different scenes, but can't be certain. Those flashbacks may involve Jan, Hank, or most probably the both of them! There are also hints on Peggy Carter showing up.

I'm really looking forward to finding out more about this, since for obvious reasons this is a part of the movie that has me really interested!

Ultron is in the latest GOTG arc... which leads to some interesting interaction between "Hank" and Scott...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ultron is in the latest GOTG arc... which leads to some interesting interaction between "Hank" and Scott...
    Oh, yeah.......and I don't blame Scott for his reaction toward "UltronPym" either.....!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Please, god... no...

it was just his corpse

From YouTube it seems that Doctor Pym was mostly a (background) comedic relief in the new Lego Marvel game. Tony Stark still hogs most of the science things and (!) most interactions with Janet. Not sure about actual gameplay levels, but the only level I watched have him team up with Tony so... it's still mainly Tony. I am kind of tired of Lego game formula so I am really torn up about purchasing the game...

(There is also a side quest dedicated to his Ant-Man and his Yellowjacket persona but those are short.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

From YouTube it seems that Doctor Pym was mostly a (background) comedic relief in the new Lego Marvel game. Tony Stark still hogs most of the science things and (!) most interactions with Janet. Not sure about actual gameplay levels, but the only level I watched have him team up with Tony so... it's still mainly Tony. I am kind of tired of Lego game formula so I am really torn up about purchasing the game...
    Ah, I thought they said Hank would have a big role ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, I thought they said Hank would have a big role ?
    Yeah they said it in the first interview. But I didn't even see him in the Avengers-centered gameplay level - instead it features the Big Three and I guess their picks of female Big Three (Jan, Jen and Carol). Hank is just generally there doing funny things in cutscenes. He became playable during part 11 of a 12 parts "let's play" video on YouTube (where he teamed up with Tony to work on a solution towards the end game along with Doctor Strange). I guess that's what they meant "big role".

It is rather weird that they bundled his minifig with the deluxe edition game and hype him up in interviews when he has such a small role in the story, while Jan wasn't even on the cover despite her having a lead role in the story (and popped up in every tutorial tips to boot).
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 11-15-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

I'm still early on in the game but yes so far Pym hasn't done anything while Janet has a very decent role. She calls the shots and makes the plans.

Yeah they said it in the first interview. But I didn't even see him in the Avengers-centered gameplay level - instead it features the Big Three and I guess their picks of female Big Three (Jan, Jen and Carol). Hank is just generally there doing funny things in cutscenes. He became playable during part 11 of a 12 parts "let's play" video on YouTube (where he teamed up with Tony to work on a solution towards the end game along with Doctor Strange). I guess that's what they meant "big role".

It is rather weird that they bundled his minifig with the deluxe edition game and hype him up in interviews when he has such a small role in the story, while Jan wasn't even on the cover despite her having a lead role in the story (and popped up in every tutorial tips to boot).
    well, poo! Good thing for me I'm not a gamer. I would have been really disappointed. Typical.