Page 99 of 117 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1745

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    yea Hank was my favorite Avenger and I really loved it that in Avengers Forever they used my two favorite Hank costumes, Pacheco rocked the hell out of that mini. Even then one of the Hanks was a creep. I miss Hank as Yellow Jacket and as Goliath.
    Absolutely, and Busiek’s Annual 2001 provided a nice resolution ... Ivan Reis was the artist I think.
    3FAAEE1A-A5DF-4EA9-B303-146C4EDFEEFF.jpg
    BED7E747-A48B-414C-933F-AAD596A962FC.jpg
    ... more Pacheco with the Squadron ... also had a nice save from Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Well I mean it's not even really Hank's son, right? That's a Skrull rape baby, is it not?
    Ya, that creature is not his child. The only brother Nadia has is Ultron.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-22-2018 at 06:22 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, that creature is not his child. The only brother Nadia has is Ultron.
    Family gatherings must get awkward in that house... (Thanks to Vision being a 'child' of Ultron, and ex-husband to Wanda Maximoff, who may or may not be Magneto's kid this week, things get weird!)

"Yes, your uncle talks politics and gets kind of racist. Whoopy. We had to break up another fight between Ultron and Magneto for Thanksgiving. At least Nadia, Cassie, Victor and Viv seemed to be getting along, at the kid's table, despite that time when Viv's mom ripped Victor's heart out..."

BANNED

Avengers #230 Apr 1983
    "The Last Farewell!"
    In heroic fashion last issue, Henry Pym defeated the Masters of Evil. And together with Hawkeye ended the threat of Egghead forever.
    Now after being cleared of all charges against him, the former avenger needs to determine what to do next with his life.
    But before Hank makes that decision, it's time for one last visit to Avengers Mansion.
    In an emotional farewell, one of the founding members of the Avengers says goodbye to his Yellowjacket costume,

his long-time friends and teammates,

and finally his former wife Janet.

Script by Roger Stern. Pencils by Al Milgrom. Inks by Joe Sinnott.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I wish more folks had given the Avengers A.I. title a chance. I was enjoying that series and could see various directions it could've gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
    It was pretty good. I wouldn't have minded that being the direction the characters (especially Hank and Vision) went in for good, though Vision's benefited from Viv's existence. I do miss Hank but I'm not certain that I'd like what Marvel would be doing with him if he were back to being a normal hero. What they do with him always feels kind of generic, even if good, like Avengers Academy.
    I liked it also. I liked the interactions between all the characters, to be honest, except for maybe Alexis simply because I felt she didn't feel developped enough.

I do think it kind of dragged a bit too long, and the art was sub-par, but it still was a very good take on all the characters. I wish it had continued on for longer, with another artist. These days, comics that don't even sell 8000 copies are still being published, but A.I. never got that low and got canned.

The two issues drawned by Valerio Schitii were my favorites, both story-wise and art-wise
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

We got the frontal shots of Hank Pym’s Quantum Realm exploration vehicle - there is no way it is not based on Rover.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    We got the frontal shots of Hank Pym’s Quantum Realm exploration vehicle - there is no way it is not based on Rover.
    As I said somewhere in a previous post, I'd be beyond thrilled if the vehicle was actually referred to as "Rover" in the movie. Knowing how much of a comic book and Avengers buff Peyton Reed is, I wouldn't put it past him to do just that

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

BANNED

Tales to Atonish #43 May 1963
    "The Mad Master of Time!"
    A scientist forced to retire makes a device to artificially age others

and holds the city hostage.

Script by Stan Lee and Larry Lieber, art by Don Heck

So any new development on the real Hank Pym in the current Infinity event?

And any thought on the new Avengers Mansion statue? I know Thor and Tony Stark aren't in it either, but Hank Pym risks drifting further away from being an Avenger without that vanity monument to remind people.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

So any new development on the real Hank Pym in the current Infinity event?

And any thought on the new Avengers Mansion statue? I know Thor and Tony Stark aren't in it either, but Hank Pym risks drifting further away from being an Avenger without that vanity monument to remind people.
    No news. We haven't seen Hank since he got trapped in Soul World.

And what new Avengers statue?? How come they not make a statue of the founding members??? Anyone has pics of this?

You just can't erase 60+ years of Avengers history.

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    No news. We haven't seen Hank since he got trapped in Soul World.

And what new Avengers statue?? How come they not make a statue of the founding members??? Anyone has pics of this?

You just can't erase 60+ years of Avengers history.
    After the old one was completely wrecked, the No Surrender event ended with a new one with all the Avengers active throughout the event, plus Captain America for whatever reason (he joined the fight in last minute like many others so not sure why he alone got special treatment), and among founders only Janet and Hulk were among those Avengers.

Pic from Jim Zub’s site:

After the old one was completely wrecked, the No Surrender event ended with a new one with all the Avengers active throughout the event, plus Captain America for whatever reason (he joined the fight in last minute like many others so not sure why he alone got special treatment), and among founders only Janet and Hulk were among those Avengers.

Pic from Jim Zub’s site:

Oh well... they decided to make a random statue of people who have at one point been an Avenger, and that took part in this particular event. Which in-universe makes no sense to make since one could ask "where's the statue of the people who took part in the Infinity Gauntlet event" or the Secret Invasion, The Kree-Skrull War, The Onslaught Saga, etc...

This statue doesn't bother me that much as it seems so random and irrelevant and illogical to have in-universe. As long as they put back the statue of the Founding Avengers, I couldn't care less. There were a lot of other statues anyways, of those Avengers who had lost their lives in action (like the Giant-Man statue that Ultron destroyed, and which head the UA kept by the end of the run). They should focus on rebuilding those, IMO

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Pic from Jim Zub’s site:

This statue looks so complicated and busy that I'll be surprised if it ever shows up again .

Pic from Jim Zub’s site:

Yeah, that statue was really stretching it a bit. Some guys there will never be mentioned again in Avengers history. It'd be like having a team statue of Dr. Druid, Moon Knight, Two-Gun Kid, Rage, Sandman, Magdalene, Echo and Silver Claw. (Actually, it's worse than that). By the way, who is the guy between Wanda and the Red Hulk? I can't figure it out.

Peace

EDIT: Never mind. I got it. Red Wolf.
    Last edited by Nomads1; 05-20-2018 at 02:19 PM.

The Ant-Man and Wasp Living Legend featuring Scott and Jan is pretty great. Lots of fun, nice callback to Tales of Astonish run in the way they fight, use tech etc. And everyone from the duo to their alien allies have only good thing to say about Hank Pym. I am quite optimistic of his comeback.

Michael will probably not be too happy because Jan is a little bit too nostalgic about Hank haha.