Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Faith the most popular plus-size superhero in comics?

From Valiant Comics, Faith Herbert aka Faith is currently having an ongoing solo and is being well received. Is she the most popular fat superhero in comics?

Is Bouncing Boy still around?

Ultimate Member

I bought the mini and liked it for what it was, but I'm not sure I'd say Faith is really popular.

I'm on comic book forusm everyday and I don't even know who this is
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

While I applaud Valiant for giving a fat superhero their own title, I don't think Faith is known enough to be the most popular anything. Before this thread, I didn't know about her. The domination of the big two strikes once more, for while neither of them had their own solo title ever, I'd still say both DC's Bouncing Boy and Marvel's Volstagg are more popular than Faith.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Ah, good old Zephyr/Zepplin. Despite the relatively strong marketing push (compared to most other non-Big-Two characters), she's still pretty unknown. I recognized her from the old Harbinger comic, so it's interesting to see her get a reboot.

More people probably know about Bouncing Boy than Faith, and he hasn't even been around much for the past few decades.

I'd say Marvel's The Blob is probably the most well known and iconic of all the fat supers. Of course, he's a villain, not a hero. I'd throw Kingpin in there, but he's straight up stocky-swole than actually fat.

In the Harbinger comic, she was basically the "annoying fangirl superhero wannabe" character, who had to deal with the fact that she was annoying, while still being the most spirited member of her team. As one of the Harbinger crew, she was living her superhero fantasy when she wasn't really that cut out for it, and had to learn how to be more pragmatic. It seems this version is more of a straight wish-fulfillment for the reader.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 11-10-2016 at 06:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Ah, good old Zephyr/Zepplin. Despite the relatively strong marketing push (compared to most other non-Big-Two characters), she's still pretty unknown. I recognized her from the old Harbinger comic, so it's interesting to see her get a reboot.

More people probably know about Bouncing Boy than Faith, and he hasn't even been around much for the past few decades.

I'd say Marvel's The Blob is probably the most well known and iconic of all the fat supers. Of course, he's a villain, not a hero. I'd throw Kingpin in there, but he's straight up stocky-swole than actually fat.

In the Harbinger comic, she was basically the "annoying fangirl superhero wannabe" character, who had to deal with the fact that she was annoying, while still being the most spirited member of her team. As one of the Harbinger crew, she was living her superhero fantasy when she wasn't really that cut out for it, and had to learn how to be more pragmatic. It seems this version is more of a straight wish-fulfillment for the reader.
    Well I don't know who Bouncing Boy and Volstagg are , and that's coming from a Marvel Comics fan. I just remembered Big Bertha though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Well I don't know who Bouncing Boy and Volstagg are , and that's coming from a Marvel Comics fan. I just remembered Big Bertha though.
    Volstagg one of the Warriors three, he was even in the Thor films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Volstagg one of the Warriors three, he was even in the Thor films.
    He was there. If I didn't care , how much more to those who are not comic fans/readers.

I never heard any of my friends mention Volstagg.

If I didn't care , how much more to those who are not comic fans/readers.
    And yet you're arguing on behalf of Faith.

BANNED

He was there. If I didn't care , how much more to those who are not comic fans/readers.

Have you ever heard them mention faith?

Both Volstagg and Bounching boys have appeared in other media and for decades worth of stories.

BB was pretty prominent in the Legion of Superheroes Cartoon and Volstagg has appeared in several animated movies and series + the Thor movies.

Faith on the other hand has had no mainstream exposer at all really.

Volstagg likely had more lines in Thor 1 than Storm did in Apocalypse

So... yeah....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Don't know if she counts as a super, she's definitely hero!

And with the Wonder Woman movie Etta Candy is likely about to become more recognizable.

Last edited by Güicho; 01-12-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Mighty Member

Warriors 3 should get their own movie.

Amanda Waller was a good chubby anti hero/villain until they turned her skinny for the Nu52.