Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default do we really need a Black Widow movie ?

i see Black Widow as someone who works better within a team rather then on her own with that being said does she really need a movie of her own ?

I'd watch it.

I'd watch a widow/WS movie even faster
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd watch it.

I'd watch a widow/WS movie even faster
    Same here .

Though a Secret Avengers movie with her in the lead might also be cool .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't think the character is interesting enough to carry her own movie. Seeing how she's a major supporting character in the Cap movies she doesn't need one.

No. Then again we didn't need a Captain America, Iron Man or Thor movie either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 2britishnerdz View Post
    i see Black Widow as someone who works better within a team rather then on her own with that being said does she really need a movie of her own ?
    Did we really need any superhero film?
    Do we really need films?
    Do we really need comics?

I for one would sure want a Black Widow film and it's a disgrace we haven't gotten one yet.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Yes.

She is the original female avenger in the MCU and she's relegated to side kick in every movie. She deserves her own story and her own backstory, preferably not a montage written by Joss Whedon while he simultaneously gives her a **** nonsensical love story based on misplaced hatred for infertile women.

tl;dr: yes.

Mighty Member

people survived for thousands of years without movies. movies are fundamentally unnecessary things and luxury items... as much as I like them.

yes, I'm being pedantic.

now, to be a total contrarian. if they can make an unlikely hit like "Guardians of the Galaxy" NOT feel like a waste of time then I don't see why people couldn't find a way to make a compelling movie starring "Black Widow" as the central character.

look at "Captain America: Civil War". that was hardly a stand-alone Cap movie. we don't have to worry about if she's going to get a movie "of her own"... because it will inevitably be another team-based movie that pays particular attention to a specific character.

I think that pretty much invalidates all of the OP's questions.

unfortunately, I don't believe we're going to see a film where BW is the leading character at this point.

I dunno, couldn't you have a film where Black Widow and the Winter Soldier have to stop Iron Maiden from doing something horrible with stolen tech from Wakanda. that way you could have the villain with visual and thematic connections to both characters. (unlike Bucky, who only had the cybernetic arm... Iron Maiden could be a more advanced fully cybernetic human being) BW & WS could both have past connections to her, and would both have a vested interest in finding a way to try and stop her. I'd like it to start in Wakanda because that's where we last saw Bucky... and because Black Panther was a fun character that I'd like to see more of. BP might, for political reasons, be forced to stand aside and allow Natasha and Bucky to take care of things 'quietly' until the film's finale.

BANNED

No, boring, token female character. Maybe if they actually gave her a real storyline that was even remotely interesting I would watch her movie. But so far she has been nothing but a boring side character that I can't bring myself to care about, ever.
    Last edited by Elmo; 11-10-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Black Widow and ???????????

that can work....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    Maybe if they actually gave her a real storyline that was even remotely interesting I would watch her movie..
    I'd imagine that 'real storyline' is probably would the movie would be used to tell.

Well, if there aren't going to be any more solo Captain America movies then that creates a void for action/espionage movies in the MCU that a Black Widow trilogy could handily fill.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Yes. Yes we do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 2britishnerdz View Post
    If you see her that way you don't see the full potential of the character. When she's not Avenging, Black Widow has some deep dark stuff of her own going on and a twisted backstory. It's rich territory for a darker, different Marvel film.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 11-10-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Of course, the other Avengers have solos. If it was good (obviously) there wouldn't be a question. I don't care about the Inhumans, but I'm sure Marvel Studios can spice it up as a film and make it at the very least, enjoyable.

Also we need more perspective man, there are too many dudes at the moment. I want to see a girl get the same treatment WS/CW does, in terms of quality, action, some level of respect and all that good stuff.

Like with a lot of these Marvel movies, you don't know what you want until it's given to you. e.g. Guardians, Ant-man, Doctor Strange, etc.