Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    All of these roles are going to have to be recast sooner or later, it's just a question of who goes first. My money's on Tony Stark, although those are some big shoes to fill.
    I'm thinking (and hoping) they retire the characters rather than recast. Allows them to bring in both new actors and characters. At some point,I want a whole new batch of characters in the films.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I'm thinking (and hoping) they retire the characters rather than recast. Allows them to bring in both new actors and characters. At some point,I want a whole new batch of characters in the films.
    That might work for a while, but not forever. At some point people are going to want to see more movies about Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

They are not going to retire the characters that bring them money.

They will likely take a break with the character and then bring them back with the new actor after so many years.

Give people a time to forget a little
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

from a character standpoint, if she has hawkeye as a sidekick and it shows them doing metahuman blackops (possibly with agent of shield/b list movie characters - because I want a cavalry/black widow misunderstanding fight). I'd watch it and enjoy it.

however, I honestly would rather see a ms marvel or she hulk movie.

(truth be told I'd rather see a x-movie showcasing one of the prominant x-females first, but priorities. )

but honestly, I have a simple idea.

If it will make money, and fans will enjoy it. do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Just saying, but it's not as if James Bond stays far away from the superhero stuff.
    Agreed. I thought of that as I was typing. It could be a little more super-heroing? I bought a nice Bond Graphic Novels in the early 90s by Doug Moench and Paul Gulacy(way before Brosnan was cast) that was Bond with him facing a secret villain who was basically a more human/more realistic (Batman's villain) Killer Croc. Where they played it as the guy having a skin condition. And he had more science-fiction plans. This could be the approach for Widow.

Also the old 1960s Steranko Shield comic could be used as blueprint with psychadelic stuff, secret lairs, etc...What you are going for is the Bond environment but much more visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Also the old 1960s Steranko Shield comic could be used as blueprint with psychadelic stuff, secret lairs, etc...What you are going for is the Bond environment but much more visual.
    I still think Marvel missed out on a gold mine by going with Ultimate Nick Fury as a supporting character in the MCU instead of using classic Steranko Nick Fury, who could easily have supported his own action franchise.

I don't dislike Sam Jackson in the role but he is effectively playing himself.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

That might work for a while, but not forever. At some point people are going to want to see more movies about Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.
    Could always have different characters be Captain America, Iron Man, and have the power of Thor. It doesn't have to be Steve Rogers Captain America and Tony Stark Iron Man. Just have a new person powered by the hammer, some else that can build some kind of power suit, and someone else the government put a Captain America suit. Marvel also just has so many other characters that it wouldn't be too hard if they wanted to do three other characters for a few years not using those names. They could really easily turn that Vision comic into there own weird little American Beauty superhero movie, that would be fun to see.

I still think Marvel missed out on a gold mine by going with Ultimate Nick Fury as a supporting character in the MCU instead of using classic Steranko Nick Fury, who could easily have supported his own action franchise.

I don't dislike Sam Jackson in the role but he is effectively playing himself.
    They could have done, (and still could do) Steranko Nick Fury with Jackson, they just never did for whatever weird reason. That they got him for Nick Fury and we've still only gotten cameo stuff with him is quite frankly utterly bizarre. It's 8 years of having Samuel L. Jackson Fury and Marvel still hasn't really doing anything with him. Part of the appeal of Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury back when it was announced, I thought, was that we'd get a Nick Fury movie with him; instead this casting has just been this cute little stunt built around Ultimate Nick Fury looking like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Godzilla View Post
    Could always have different characters be Captain America, Iron Man, and have the power of Thor. It doesn't have to be Steve Rogers Captain America and Tony Stark Iron Man. Just have a new person powered by the hammer, some else that can build some kind of power suit, and someone else the government put a Captain America suit.
    Could be risky. The public are accustomed to 007 being played by a different actor every few years but he's always James Bond. If the 007 codename is suddenly randomly reassigned to some guy named Bob Smith I'm not sure whether audiences would accept it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Godzilla View Post
    They could have done, (and still could do) Steranko Nick Fury with Jackson, they just never did for whatever weird reason. That they got him for Nick Fury and we've still only gotten cameo stuff with him is quite frankly utterly bizarre. It's 8 years of having Samuel L. Jackson Fury and Marvel still hasn't really doing anything with him.
    I think a huge factor here being Jackson not being very interested in anything of the kind, and having having a ton of other work to keep him occupied.

And Marvel Studios at the same time already have more projects they want to do more than a Nick Fury film than they have time for.

Fury being a different character could be done more easily than with Bond cause we are talking about a World of super-heroes where anything can happen. You could say there was a guy in WW2 called Nick Fury who was trained by special organizations and created Shield in the 60s, then he disappeared and had to maintain the identity/role and there has been many other guys(even girls) since then that have assumed the name and identity.

Then you bring back the original like they did in the comics in the story Original Sin by saying he has been in space ever since acting as a space protector. It's too late now but Infinity Wars would have been the perfect time to bring him back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    Fury being a different character could be done more easily than with Bond cause we are talking about a World of super-heroes where anything can happen. You could say there was a guy in WW2 called Nick Fury who was trained by special organizations and created Shield in the 60s, then he disappeared and had to maintain the identity/role and there has been many other guys(even girls) since then that have assumed the name and identity.
    It's worth noting that a significant amount of Bond fans consider "James Bond" to be a codename, and that there have been many different people who have taken up the James Bond identity over the years.

Although I don't see any benefit whatsoever in doing this with Nick Fury. And it's already canon that Peggy Carter created S.H.I.E.L.D. in the 50's anyway.

Then you bring back the original like they did in the comics in the story Original Sin by saying he has been in space ever since acting as a space protector. It's too late now but Infinity Wars would have been the perfect time to bring him back.
    This is not the kind of storytelling (or rather lack of storytelling) that mainstream audiences appreciate.
    This space guy is never going to be accepted as the 'real' Nick Fury. Especially not if he's white.