Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    don't need no flashback

She is underground right now anyway. Through one of her contacts (potentially Fury), she here sthe Red Room program has been re-opened and she isn't going to stand for it.

She possibly recruits another to help her (Winter Soldier as they teased some sort of background, Hawkeye because duh, or introduce a new person such as Spider Woman if they want).

She then does action/spy/bourne **** as they try and find where the new location is and put an end to it to rescue the girls there

the Red room peeps here rumors she is coming and send various Widows out ther eot stop her.

This movie rights itself and could be done on a 120ish mil budget easily.
    Right. The Black Widow movie is already set up in the Age of Ultron flashbacks. All that's needed is to commit to it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I agree, but in that vain there are other female comic characters they can get and should get instead of going back to the same well. Of course I could be biased since I don't want anything else with ScarJo
    Couldn't agree more. I probably won't see Ghost in the Shell just because of Scarjo. I just don't buy her in these roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I probably won't see Ghost in the Shell just because of Scarjo. I just don't buy her in these roles.
    I was on the fence about ScarJo as BW after Iron Man 2 but she won me over with The Avengers.

Of course, if she's too expensive they could easily recast the role.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Black Widow does deserve to be in a solo film, I'm hesitant because she's been in so much film already most of her story is told.. Better to partner her up ..Marvel's Femme Fatale or something like that

Astonishing Member

I think Disney is too busy developing new comic film projects to bother with the BW. They want to get as many IPs onscreen and I don't think they want to pay ScarJo the huge paycheck. That's one of the biggest reason I don't see Disney going beyond three films of any franchise. The enormous raising paycheck these actors get for popular franchises. I think that's why the original Avengers will never be back together. Too much payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    No, boring, token female character. Maybe if they actually gave her a real storyline that was even remotely interesting I would watch her movie. But so far she has been nothing but a boring side character that I can't bring myself to care about, ever.
    i think this is pretty much why she shouldnt (this doesn't mean another female hero shouldn't lead in a film) but MCU just hasn't made black widow a strong enough character over the years to hold her own in a film as of now

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If it was her leading and ensemble cast sort of like how they had Cap lead one in WS and CW then I would be interested. If it was just her as the sole lead then I would pass. I just don't care enough about her past as a spy to want to see them do a full on solo movie. You team her up with some other characters like Hawkeye, Silver Sable, Mockingbird, or Jessica Drew (depending on how her movie rights work out) and put them up against someone like Spymaster and the Ghost then sure. But if they want to do just some depressingg dreg through her past and how horrible it was then a big pass.

Personally speaking, I think we need a Black Widow movie for a different kind of reason than maybe what has been stated thus far.

I think Marvel Studios could take a chance on a low-budget movie where it is very much grounded. I would love to see a movie that costs anywhere between $40 - $50 million, where it is a visionary director who is working miracles with the budget given. I look at the most recent example of Deadpool. I am not looking at it as though I want Black Widow to be rated-R or have the kind of humour that Deadpool had. Why I cite this movie as an example is because you can see how much Tim Miller stretched the budget. Fox was rewarded pretty highly, but I think Marvel Studios could gain a lot more than potential box office dollars. It may alter their thinking in how they approach 2nd tier characters for movies.

I would love to see a Black Widow movie made with a low budget, but high ambition that rewards the studio with box office numbers and realizing there are different ways to make movies than these high budget productions. I would love to see that because I think it would open the doors for Marvel Studios to make movies like Moon Knight or Blade.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Black Widow does deserve to be in a solo film, I'm hesitant because she's been in so much film already most of her story is told.. Better to partner her up ..Marvel's Femme Fatale or something like that
    I think a lot of her backstory's been told which is usually what gets in the way of a first film - the origin. But she's a terribly conflicted character and the movie would be the place where she can get full focus on her character to resolve those conflicts. Her ledger will be in the black, she'll put to rest her traumatic childhood and fully embrace being a hero rather than a spy.

I get that a spy movie seems like it would be a lower-budget movie and thus less risky, but a BW movie should cost as much as a "Mission: Impossible" movie to do her full justice. You don't have to get all super-hero-ey, but even super-spy movies can cost a lot and I feel she's earned it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I think Marvel Studios could take a chance on a low-budget movie where it is very much grounded. I would love to see a movie that costs anywhere between $40 - $50 million, where it is a visionary director who is working miracles with the budget given.
    I think it would be terrible optics for Marvel to cherap out on the budget on one of their first female mead movies.
    Also, spy films do not tend to be cheap.
    Bond movies cost as much to make as Avengers movies, and the Bourne films are not that much cheaper than most of the 'smaller' Marvel films like Ant-Man and Thor.

I would love a Black Widow movie if they stay far away from the super-hero stuff, make it close to a Bond flick.

But I just don't like ScarJoe's interpretation and her look of the character.

In The Ultimates they had a second Black Widow, right? They could have Widow getting killed in the Infinity Wars, have another Widow played by Eva Green. Make a movie about her and I'm in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I would love a Black Widow movie if they stay far away from the super-hero stuff, make it close to a Bond flick.
    Just saying, but it's not as if James Bond stays far away from the superhero stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Just saying, but it's not as if James Bond stays far away from the superhero stuff.
    Depends on which Bond. Craig's bond was a bit less like a superhero than previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    I was on the fence about ScarJo as BW after Iron Man 2 but she won me over with The Avengers.

Of course, if she's too expensive they could easily recast the role.
    you think so?? to me she's kind of an iconic figure in the MCU with all the different movies she's shown up in, it would be almost like recasting fury imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you think so?? to me she's kind of an iconic figure in the MCU with all the different movies she's shown up in, it would be almost like recasting fury imo.
    All of these roles are going to have to be recast sooner or later, it's just a question of who goes first. My money's on Tony Stark, although those are some big shoes to fill.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt