Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default Your Favorite & Least Favorite Game By System!?

So out of all the video game systems you have owned or played, which games have you enjoyed or despised the most!?

As for me I would say....

Nintendo Systems

Gameboy
    Favorites
    -Pokemon R/B/Y
    -Warioland II

Least Favorite
    Super Mario Land
    Super Mario Land 2

SNES
    Favorites
    -Donkey Kong Country
    -Donkey Kong Country 2
    -Kirby Superstar Saga
    -Supermario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Least Favorites
    -Donkey Kong Country 3
    -Madden 95
    -Toy Story

N64
    Favorites
    -Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie
    -Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
    -Starfox 64
    -Super Mario 64
    -Super Smash Bros.

Least Favorite
    Gex64
    Glover

Gameboy Color
    Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
    Pokemon G/S/C
    Super Mario Bros DX

Least Favorite
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Gamecube
    Favorites
    -Luigi's Mansion
    -Pikmin
    -Super Mario Sunshine
    - Super Smash Bros. Melee

Least Favorite
    -Donald Duck: Going Quackers

Gameboy Advance
    Favorites
    -Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
    -Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
    -Super Mario Advanced series

Least Favorites
    -Nightmare Before Christmas: The Pumpkin King
    -X-Men 2: Wolverine's Revenge

Wii
    Favorites
    -Donkey Kong Country Returns
    -Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    - Super Smash Bros: Brawl
    -Warioland Shake it!

Least Favorite
    -Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    -Metroid Other M
    -Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
    -Sonic Storybook series

DS
    Favorite
    -Legend of Zelda:Phantom Hourglass
    -Megaman Zero Collection
    -Sonic Rush series

Least Favorite
    -Kingdom Hearts: RE:Coded
    -Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Wii-U
    Favorites
    -Ducktales Remastered
    -Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD
    -Mario Kart 8
    -Splatoon
    -Super Mario Maker
    -Super Smash Bros 4 Wii-U

Least Favorite
    -Fatal Frame: Maiden of Blackwater
    -Mario Party 10
    -Resident Evil: Revelations

3DS
    Favorite
    -Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    - Kirby: Triple Deluxe
    -Kirby: Planet Robobot
    -Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    -Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
    -New Super Mario Bros. 2
    -Pokemon Alpha Saphire
    -Super Smash Bros 4 3DS

Least Favorite.
    -SEGA 3D Classics Collection
    -Yoshi's New Island

And thats all from me for now. I'll post SEGA & Sony Systems later.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

i don't have quite the memory for all systems but one does stand out

SNES:

Favorite and Least Favorite - Shaq Fu

Hmmm...

Game Boy/Game Boy Colour (not even gonna pretend like I can remember when I switched from one to the other)
    Best:
    + Pokémon Blue. Self-explanatory. I basically gave up after gen1 due to stupidly buying Silver on holiday and finding the cart was locked in Spanish. But you never forget your first Pokémon.
    + Game Boy Camera. It's a game if I say it's a game, dammit. Simpler times, man. Cannot even count how many paper refills my mum had to buy for the accompanying printer.
    Worst:
    - Mario & Yoshi. Y'know, the cookie themed Puyo Puyo type thing that cropped up in every Game Boy bundle? The one you tried once then never picked up again because the same bundle has Metroid 2 in it? Yeah, it was ****.

Game Boy Advance
    Best:
    + Metroid Fusion. I may have liked Metroid 2 but it was still an utter arse to play with original GB controls. Fusion was hard, but it was a fair sort of hard where you knew it wasn't any clumsiness between your thumbs and the controls getting you killed. Lovely art design too. My favourite 2D Metroid. YES I LIKE IT MORE THAN SUPER, EAT ME
    + Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction. Robot Wars was a very big deal for kid me. Only ever got the handheld titles: the GB Colour one was a let-down, but Extreme Destruction worked out really well. Lots of customisation options for building your robot, different weapons had different effects (whereas in the previous one, a flipper would just do damage rather than, oh I don't know, flip something), localised damage would affect performance in different ways, and all presented in a neat isometric view with 'mode 7' style 3D that was detailed enough to be clear but spiky enough to be retro-cool.
    + Doom. I don't think there was really anything special about Doom on GBA, except it WAS Doom on a tiny handheld thing you could bring anywhere, and for some reason that blew my mind? Whatever, Doom rules, portable Doom rules even harder.
    Worst:
    ...actually, nothing comes to mind. I'm sure there were sucky games on GBA but I think I skipped the majority of them.

N64
    Best:
    + Perfect Dark. I like it more than GoldenEye. What it loses in lack of Bond branding it gains in basically everything else. Great-looking for the time, long-ish solo mode with varied missions and a fun story, crapload of sweet and interesting guns, and still one of the most endlessly customisable multiplayer set-ups I've ever seen. Sad friendless me spent 90% of his matches playing only against bots and still never got bored.
    + Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. Cerebral Bore. Argument closed, go home.
    + Mario Tennis. The first and best of the Mario Tennis series. Every subsequent entry finds new ways to screw with the simple beauty of the N64 version.
    + Beetle Adventure Racing. Stuff Mario Kart, this was the best damn racing game on the system (unless you preferred Rush 2049, which was also great). The tracks seal the deal for me - they're massive and artistically varied and full of awesome hidden shortcuts to be found. I also loved the touch of having to collect points from pick-ups as you raced, which would count toward your overall grand prix rank. Great battle mode as well. Never really been anything like it since.
    + Resident Evil 2. My first Resident Evil. Still my favourite version of my second-favourite game in the series. All these years later it still doesn't feel right playing it without an N64 pad.
    Worst:
    - Madden NFL '98. I think it was '98 at least. I couldn't even get a single match to start. The little man wouldn't kick the ball, no matter what buttons I pressed. Got fed up with it very fast, never tried these stupid games again.
    - Jet Force Gemini. N64-era Rare were generally fantastic, yes. And JFG still sports their usual polish. But dear god it was impossible, and had one of the worst cameras I've ever had to put up with.

GameCube
    Best:
    + Star Wars: Rogue Leader. The one and only game I've ever fell in love with over looks alone. It's not a one-trick pony, of course: it's a really fun arcade-y flight shooter, and arguably its smartest levels are the ones that have nothing to do with the films. But still, dem graphics. Even today it's like a massage for the eyeballs.
    + Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. It always comes up sooner or later. The sanity effects are what get the most discussion, so instead I'll say that the story is fantastic and brought to life through proper A-tier voice acting across the board (every single Pious Augustus line feels like something I want printed on a t-shirt), and the combat system is so damn good you wonder why it's never really been seen since.
    + Resident Evil REmake. It's the 3rd-best Resident Evil game.
    + Metroid Prime. It's massive, it's clever, it's haunting, it's beautiful, and the only other games that compare are...the other Metroid Prime ones. I'd give the first an edge over Echoes because Tallon IV is nicer to explore than Aether, and there's no ****ing Spider Guardian to make me rage-quit.
    + Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2. Clunky character handling. Archaic online setup. More sharp edges than a bucketload of broken glass. So much neon you'll be colourblind for a week. And yet still one of the most compulsively addictive games I've ever been hooked on. Thank god Episode 3 is a Japanese PC-exclusive or I'd never get any work done ever.
    Worst:
    - Batman: Dark Tomorrow. **** **** **** **** **** **** **** and, furthermore, ****.

PS2
    Best:
    + Def Jam: Fight for New York. One of the simplest and most fun fighting games in living memory. Brutal violence, bonkers moves, a tongue-in-cheek tone, more rappers than my unhip whiteboy ass could ever name and a buffed-to-perfection engine powering it all.
    + WWE SmackDown!: Here Comes The Pain. It can be difficult to tell the many WWE games apart, but for my money HCTP was the last one that ticked all the boxes: simple controls that still allowed for lots of move variety, a deep roster with basically everyone relevant on TV at the time, open-ended season mode where you could pick your own feuds, plenty of match types, and everything looked and sounded as slick as was feasibly possible. The more they tried to improve on it, the more good stuff slipped through their fingers.
    + killer7. Suda51's best game, IMO. Doesn't play like anything else ever, doesn't look like anything else ever, doesn't sound like anything else ever. Unsettlingly violent and infectiously crazy, but every nutty element seems to be in pursuit of a greater thematic point.
    + Tekken 5. Tekkens 1 and 2 were amateurish efforts at best, a scrapbook of promising ideas slapped together by a team that didn't quite grasp what they had yet. Tekken 3 cut out the chaff and brought some focus but was limited by the technology of the time. Tekken 4 took some weird side paths that only served to slow everything down. Tekken 5? *kisses fingers* Good things come to those who wait.
    + Burnout 3: Takedown. Bugger off, purists. Daddy needs his dedicated Crash Junction modes.
    Worst:
    - From Russia With Love. You brought Connery back for THIS?
    - Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X. It's the least-best Resident Evil game. Except for the spin-offs I don't count.

Wii
    Best:
    + Super Mario Galaxy. Was and remains the only game I've referred to as 'perfect'. Seriously cannot think of a single way it could be better at what it is.
    + Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I don't care what the FGC says, this is the one that has Subspace Emissary therefore it's the best. FACT.
    + Resident Evil 4. It's the 1st-best Resident Evil game. For whatever reason I've always enjoyed it most with the Wii controls, even if the big crosshairs on screen looks out-of-place compared to the laser sight in other versions.
    + Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Flawed and short, but the only Silent Hill to ever hook me. And definitely at its best on Wii.
    + WarioWare Smooth Moves. Source of the greatest 83-year-old's birthday party I've ever attended. You don't know joy until you, your parents and at least 2 kindergarten-age kids are taking turns hula-hooping, balancing and squatting like your lives depended on it at the whim of a noisy TV.
    + No More Heroes. Not Suda51's greatest work but arguably his magnum opus. Every single fetish and obsession that makes Suda so distinctive is in here and turned up to 11, channeled through the eyes of Travis Touchdown, the game hero we deserve in these dark times.
    + Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. The easiest Prime. Also my favourite. Though I try to convince myself those 2 facts are not related.
    + Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The first Zelda I ever beat. Other ones have better stories and nicer visuals, but ignore the Forest Temple and Twilight Princess has the best dungeon selection of them all.
    Worst:
    - Epic Mickey. I remember being excited about this. I also remember how quickly the hype melted when I actually tried to suffer through its clumsy combat and obnoxious collision-detection hellscape platforming.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

PS3
    Best:
    + Yakuza 4. A living, breathing red light district. A dense tale of criminal hierarchy, love and betrayal. Four different protagonists representing varying levels of scumminess. And one of the most rewarding fighting systems in any game series. I liked 5 too, but 4 feels purer somehow. Let's not talk about Dead Souls.
    + Saints Row the Third. The best example of the sandbox action genre money can buy.
    + Saints Row 4. Wait, no, THIS is the best example. But you should totally play both.
    + BioShock 2. Probably going to hell for this one. But yes, I'll gladly sacrifice some plot quality for superior gameplay, which I feel 2 has. And Rapture is still one of the best fictional worlds in gaming.
    + Dead Space. The first is still the creepiest.
    + Bayonetta. The most finely-tuned action game possible meets the most fine action dame possible.
    + Batman Arkham Asylum. In the final analysis, I will take the more dense, Metroidvania layout of the first game over the fun but sorta empty open world of later installments.
    Worst:
    - Street Fighter X Tekken. #NotMyTekken
    - Mobile Suit Gundam: Target In Sight. Target Is Shite.
    - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Not really awful, to be fair, just a step-down in terms of imagination, roster variety and combat from the previous one, and an unwelcome reminder that the movie is literally the only good version of Civil War.

3DS
    Best:
    + Resident Evil Revelations. The...5th-best Resident Evil? I've forgotten where this one ranks for me. But the bite-size chapters work a lot better for a handheld than a home console, and the visuals impress more too.
    + Dead or Alive Dimensions. Don't normally truck much with DOA, but it works on 3DS controls far better than Street Fighter 4 and packs in far more worthwhile content than the anaemic Tekken 3D Prime Edition. Does a pretty solid job of explaining mechanics to newbies too.
    + Super Mario 3D Land. After far too many naff NSMB variants, at last another handheld Mario worth a damn. Great level design, hummable music, and a difficulty curve balanced better than a Japanese sword.
    + Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. I love all Laytons, but this last one (until Level 5 change their minds) made me cry the most, so.
    + Luigi's Mansion 2. Everything great about the original - the chunky cartoon visuals, cheerful spooky music, awesome vacuum-based comba etc. - except now it'll last you longer than a single afternoon. Hooray!
    + Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Still the creepiest and IMO smartest of the 3D Zeldas. Not really any different than on N64, but this time I was actually able to complete it due to not being a simpleton child anymore.
    Worst:
    - Tekken 3D Prime Edition. A downscaled but perfectly playable port of Tekken 6, but with 90& of its content torn out in favour of a copy of Tekken Blood Vengeance, which is awful. Yay value.

Wii U
    Best:
    + Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Flashier, noisier and - if I'm honest - more of a pain in the arse to really grok than Tekken 5, but TTT2's presentation is so polished, and its content haul so huge, you'll be hard-pressed to complain. Wii U version is preferred due to welcome return of Tekken Ball mode.
    + Splatoon. Haven't played it in ages, and am terrified of what the competition would be like if I went back, but when it was new this beauty kept me up to ridiculous hours of the morning. Still the last really great 'new' idea in the shooter genre to date.
    + Hyrule Warriors. What do you call it when your favourite Zelda game isn't really a Zelda game...?
    + Super Mario 3D World. Not quite the all-timer that was Galaxy, but a great expansion of 3D Land's setup, with vastly more imaginative level design. And the new power-ups are some of the neatest ever.
    + Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Maybe shouldn't have been a full-price release, but Captain Toad was too good an idea to be left as just bonus stuff in a Mario game. Brain-itching in all the best ways.
    + Bayonetta 2. Should've been impossible to make something even more finely-tuned than the first one. But this IS Platinum we're talking about.
    Worst:
    - Star Fox Zero. *throws gamepad across room reflexively*
    - Devil's Third. Oh, Itagaki. You tried. And all you've got to show for it is a ton of critics wondering why the hell Nintendo paid real money to get exclusive rights for this mess of a game.
    Last edited by CraigTheCylon; 11-19-2016 at 08:28 AM.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.