Old Man Logan #13 (Preview)

THE FINAL CHAPTER OF “THE LAST RONIN” Confronted by his past and the horrors that he has faced, can LOGAN ever hope to be truly free of the WASTELANDS? Will MAUREEN forgive him if she learns the truth of who Logan used to be? Will the Silent Order succeed in their goals? Find out in “The Last Ronin” Part Five: The Wolverine.

Old Man Logan # 13 will be released on Wednesday, November 16.

what the heck is THAT!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Oookay then!!!

That i wasnt expecting
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Awesome. Can't wait for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    what the heck is THAT!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?
    Looks like something out of Akira.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Looks like something out of Akira.
    I was reminded Kenji of Generation Hope http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...hope_13_03.jpg

Love this series. It offers a uniquely gritty reprieve from the doom and gloom of the other X-men comics. It, along with All-New Wolverine, are the best X-books on the racks right now. This issue looks like it'll keep that quality awesome flowing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Ive been whatever on this arc. Hoping the next arc with Jubilee is fun. And beyond that i wonder what other things hell get into. Sabretooth already knows hes here as does X23. Daken isnt everyones fave and the stygma of the Origins book is there but i would like it if Daken came along to find his "dad".

Obly problem with that is its Lemire and just like Lady D Dakens fate at the end of Wolverine migt just be ignored.

Looking forward to what comes regardless
    X-Men Forever

It was an excellent conclusion to this story. Although I admit that I was expecting a big fight with the monster.
    But now there is
    spoilers:
    a new student (with the great powers) in the Storm school. Perhaps that Lemire show his in a Extraordinary X-Men.
    end of spoilers

I liked Logan behave in this situation, using claws only when he was attacked and tried to persuade the enemy.

Several pages of the issue

memories inside Logan's head

Just read this issue. Loved it! Still one of the best Wolverine series to come along in a long time. Lemire really captured all the elements that make Old Man Logan so endearing. He showed his grit, his inner turmoil, and his heart. He nicely explored other elements of the Old Man Logan timeline. Usually, when multiple timelines get involved in a story, it becomes exceedingly confusing, but this series seems to navigate those timelines seamlessly. At a time when time-displaced characters have become so routine, this is quite an accomplishment. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Old Man Logan after ResurrXion, but so long as this series keeps raising the bar, I'm on board.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

I still feel that Deathstrike was utilized too much as a plot device, rather than as a realized character, across the two arcs in which she appeared. Which is a shame because there's a LOT that could have been done with this meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just read this issue. Loved it! Still one of the best Wolverine series to come along in a long time. Lemire really captured all the elements that make Old Man Logan so endearing. He showed his grit, his inner turmoil, and his heart. He nicely explored other elements of the Old Man Logan timeline. Usually, when multiple timelines get involved in a story, it becomes exceedingly confusing, but this series seems to navigate those timelines seamlessly. At a time when time-displaced characters have become so routine, this is quite an accomplishment. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Old Man Logan after ResurrXion, but so long as this series keeps raising the bar, I'm on board.
    QFT

I picked up Thanos #1 based on this book alone. This has been such an awesome ride that Lemire can pretty much count on me picking up any of his solo work at this point.

Issue was good. Art great as always. Like how he resolved the issue and didnt kill the kid or sohei.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    It was an excellent conclusion to this story.

Several pages of the issue

memories inside Logan's head

It was an average conclusion taking everything into consideration. Was that memory collage pages/panels from back issues that can be cited? Just the OML titles? Hopefully now Secret Wars stuff slipped in, eh? Doesn't it seem unproductive at this point if Logan still sees as his past will come to pass according to his 'lie' to the kid?