Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    But what were her true motives (and Magneto's reason for keeping her around)?
    I'm guessing that she's just attracted to power. she might also have a deathwish. he keeps her around because he likes having someone to talk to. plus she's wealthy and resourceful. she was feeding him targets in his war. in that way, she's 'Microchip' to his 'Punisher.'

Astonishing Member

...honestly, it sounds like Stockholm syndrome...

Mags hates homo sapiens but has bed many of them. So I guess how racists sometimes I have one black friend.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Mags hates homo sapiens but has bed many of them. So I guess how racists sometimes I have one black friend.
    or maybe it's more complex than that. it's one thing to have one black friend. Magneto is the son of two humans. he's named for a human. when Luna was his granddaughter, he very much loved her. he's certainly prejudiced against humans. he always thinks the worst of them. but it's mainly because he doesn't see them being on his side. he has accepted that Briar is on the side of mutants; just like he accepted that Tom Corsi and whatsherface were on the side of mutants. he's basically always at war. engaging in black and white thinking allows him to stay in that fight mode.

BANNED

During Magneto's crusade, she got hurt bad..her leg got damaged. Something Magneto doesn't know about till this day. But at first it seemed, she was getting close to him to get revenge but now it's apparent that she wanted to understand his motives from a up close and personal angle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Magneto has been shown to have a deep hatred of humans. Not sure I really buy the relationship between Briar and Magneto.
    He loved Magda to no end until she turned on him for avenging his daughter and of course he was crazy over Isabelle from Brazil....she could do wrong either but ugliness of humans took her away for good.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    During Magneto's crusade, she got hurt bad..her leg got damaged. Something Magneto doesn't know about till this day. But at first it seemed, she was getting close to him to get revenge but now it's apparent that she wanted to understand his motives from a up close and personal angle.
    I would also tend to think part of Briar's motivation is the fact that she can put Magneto's blind rage to something more productive. Instead of going out and trashing innocents who are caught in the crossfire, by directing him to more useful, higher level targets, she can reduce collateral damage. The fact that she is now in the Hellfire club, (must have been Magneto's doing on that one), she can now take that reasoning and apply it to all mutants to be more efficient when striking out at their enemies. Remember, Briar had contacts within SHIELD, so she is obviously working the long game when it comes to Magneto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by emac View Post
    I would also tend to think part of Briar's motivation is the fact that she can put Magneto's blind rage to something more productive. Instead of going out and trashing innocents who are caught in the crossfire, by directing him to more useful, higher level targets, she can reduce collateral damage. The fact that she is now in the Hellfire club, (must have been Magneto's doing on that one), she can now take that reasoning and apply it to all mutants to be more efficient when striking out at their enemies. Remember, Briar had contacts within SHIELD, so she is obviously working the long game when it comes to Magneto.
    Yeah but the thing is..she hasn't really tried to tell him what to do. When Magneto left the fight in Magneto #11, she was the one who gave him the prep talk and he then gathered Deadpool, Carnage, Loki, Doom, and Enchantress to even the odds against Red Skull Onslaught.

She didn't really have contacts in Shield. She acted like she turned on him to get their favor and then when she set them up in Magneto #15, they obviously know she is his ally now and she's probably wanted by the US at large. Something that do anything about since she's in Magneto's company and they don't want to piss him off.

I don't know nothing about her but reading this thread I would like to see her becoming the mutant Rachel Dolezal.

She's a loaded bedwench, stockholmy, fangirl with nothing better to do.

Basically what Magneto always needed in his life.

She's hot! She's sexy. He gets to sleep with her. Do they love each other? Are they a couple? We don't really know..

I don't think Magneto loves her. I don't think he's in a place on his life right now where he's capable of loving anything except his mission. He's using her, and she knows it and likes it.

She is the reason I stopped buying Magneto's solo. She became too important and I didn't care for the fangirl thing either.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Ultimate Member

She in some ways is like Layla Miller in PAD's X-Factor, she showed up and her whole thing was all about Jamie, even telling everyone that they were going to get married, despite with her being a kid at the start...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    She in some ways is like Layla Miller in PAD's X-Factor, she showed up and her whole thing was all about Jamie, even telling everyone that they were going to get married, despite with her being a kid at the start...
    Layla Miller comes from the House of M...where Jamie was a nobody. In the end, people believed she might of been Wanda's daughter somehow but Peter David turned her into a slick character who had an answer for everything instead.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 11-13-2016 at 01:53 PM.