Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    She is the reason I stopped buying Magneto's solo. She became too important and I didn't care for the fangirl thing either.
    Much like many didn't care for the fangirl thing Gambit had for Rogue...which is why X treme X-MEN is unreadable till this very day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She's a loaded bedwench, stockholmy, fangirl with nothing better to do.

Basically what Magneto always needed in his life.
    She was almost killed by him so she's much more than that simple generalization.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Layla Miller comes from the House of M...where Jamie was a nobody. In the end, people believed she might of been Wanda's daughter somehow but Peter David turned her into a slick character who had an answer for everything instead.
    That's not necessarily a good thing, she kind of mirrored someone who could see the future, that they'd just say that they knew this or that was going to happen...a kind of cop out to make the main character look better, Layla with Jamie and Briar with Magneto...

Much like many didn't care for the fangirl thing Gambit had for Rogue...which is why X treme X-MEN is unreadable till this very day.
    I didn't like that either. Just because I'm a Gambit fan doesn't mean I think Gambit and Rogue are some great couple. They aren't. I don't want them ever together again. As to whether or not XXM was unread-able. It had its own set of issues.

And worst thing about that pairing is it became worse with Gambit pining and moping for Rogue in Xmen Legacy. I'm Gambit fan, I'd never care for that.

Doesn't change my opinion of Briar.

I didn't buy Mags book for far too many pages devoted to her. It was suppose to be about him primarily and he was sharing the spotlight far too much.
    Last edited by Neko; 11-13-2016 at 03:36 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I didn't think Briar got too much page time or took anything away from Mags. I really enjoyed when she took Lorna to the party of maimed people.

To each their own and whatever you like. I tried the book and dropped. It happens and I'm not the only one who tries books and then drops them for whatever reasons.

I didn't care all that much for Briar. Again, that happens. Not everyone is going to like a new character and reasons vary. It is what it is, if folks like her great. I'm not going to go out of my way to read about her, she doesn't mean much to me. Fair enough?

Lol I'm not trying to convert you. Just expressing my opinion.

I appreciate that. LOL

I was trying to be a bit general in my response due to other views not necessarily anyone in particular.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I didn't like that either. Just because I'm a Gambit fan doesn't mean I think Gambit and Rogue are some great couple. They aren't. I don't want them ever together again. As to whether or not XXM was unread-able. It had its own set of issues.

And worst thing about that pairing is it became worse with Gambit pining and moping for Rogue in Xmen Legacy. I'm Gambit fan, I'd never care for that.

Doesn't change my opinion of Briar.

I didn't buy Mags book for far too many pages devoted to her. It was suppose to be about him primarily and he was sharing the spotlight far too much.
    Lol..she didn't get anywhere near that kind of push.

It was like the Irene Mayweather thing with Cable in 98 or Threnody with Nate in X Man.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 11-13-2016 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    or maybe it's more complex than that. it's one thing to have one black friend. Magneto is the son of two humans. he's named for a human. when Luna was his granddaughter, he very much loved her. he's certainly prejudiced against humans. he always thinks the worst of them. but it's mainly because he doesn't see them being on his side. he has accepted that Briar is on the side of mutants; just like he accepted that Tom Corsi and whatsherface were on the side of mutants. he's basically always at war. engaging in black and white thinking allows him to stay in that fight mode.
    Good thought pattern.

Lol..she didn't get anywhere near that kind of push.

It was like the Irene Mayweather thing with Cable in 98 or Threnody with Nate in X Man.

Yeah, I know. I understand what you are saying. People complain in Gambit's solos when a new female is introduced as well. The last being Joelle who was in a large number of issues.

The difference being Rogue's length of time in existence as compared to Briar's. New characters have a harder time getting a foothold as it were. Take more time to develop a following.
    Last edited by Neko; 11-14-2016 at 08:41 AM.

BANNED

Well, thank you very much to those who answered my query...too bad I couldn't get this information in UXM! Would've been nice to know who the hell leg-brace-chick was supposed to be at the time I was reading the issues, lol.

Astonishing Member

She was almost killed by him so she's much more than that simple generalization.
    Lol, you don't know actual definition of Stockholm syndrome, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Stock·holm syn·drome

noun: Stockholm syndrome

feelings of trust or affection felt in certain cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor.

Briar was never Magneto's captive. Magneto didn't know that she even existed until she sought him out. If you want to make a comparison, try the women and men who fixate on/become romantically involved with imprisoned serial killers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Learned about that when you were still a infant, kiddo. Still doesn't make a lick of sense. Plenty of situations in Marvel have turned survivors into allies of heroes and villains. I mean...Rogue has fought Magneto for earth's survival yet was sleeping with him by 2011 in #249. And she Damn sure isn't no slave to her captor and all of that silly rhetoric.