View Poll Results: Which is your favorite decade that you have personally lived through?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1950s

1 2.56%
  • 1960s

3 7.69%
  • 1970s

5 12.82%
  • 1980s

12 30.77%
  • 1990s

13 33.33%
  • 2000s

3 7.69%
  • 2010s

2 5.13%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Favorite decade you've personally lived through.

In terms of culture, society, quality of life, and general feel, which was your personal favorite decade that you lived through? I only went back as far as the 1950s because I don't think many members of this forum have personal memories extending back farther than that. If you do, though, please feel free to write it in.

Invincible Member

Roughly 1985 to 1994.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

The 90's, because the 00's were horrible! The 2010's have been an improvement in terms of art & entertainment, but I have a feeling that will all come to a stop come 2017 Oh well at least 2010-2016 were pretty darn fun!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

The 80's. Some of the best years of my life. Ages 10-19
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

2010s easily

BANNED

Music: 90s

But overall, the newer the decade, kinda makes me think , the better.

Well, cellphones are getting better, more malls, buildings/offices to work, internet, etc.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 11-12-2016 at 02:35 PM.

The 80's.

I wear my sunglasses at night.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Easily the 1970's, when I grew up. This is an era still unequalled as far as quality TV (and I mean network and free television; there are no doubt some good shows now but most of them are on pay networks). The movies were dramatic and meaningful, really ground breaking and envelope pushing. This is also when you had the summer movie phenomenon come in with Jaws, Star Wars, Close Encounters, etc.

The music was good, though I'd argue not as strong as the 1960's. Crazy, fun fads like pet rocks and pyramid power, decals and fuzzy stickers. And though I know it will make me the butt of a lot of jokes, but I loved the fashion of the time, too.

Plus I was young...pre teen to teen years. How can you ever beat that?

The 60s. No question, the 60s. The world changed and nothing like it since.

90s. If might have been just youth talking there was so much there to thoroughly love for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The 60s. No question, the 60s. The world changed and nothing like it since.
    Did you grow up in that era? I've always thought it would have been the greatest era to live in, but I was only five years old when it ended so I don't remember much of it. Then again, there was Vietnam and social unrest and other negatives to balance out all the great stuff, just like any decade, I guess.

The '80s.
    I was young, Saturday morning had cartoons still, comics were pure escapism, tv was episodic and light-hearted, music was energetic and fun.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Roughly 1985 to 1994.
    Right here was the wheel house for pop culture for me. Aged 14 in '85 to 23 in '94. College alone was awesome. I would extend the films portion to 1999 to forgive the Academy for robbing Saving Private Ryan of the Best Picture Oscar it deserved. Music to 1996 when EVH fired Sammy Hagar. I stopped bearing interests after that. Though I openly admit to a guilty pleasure downloading hip hop and R&B from the 90's and 2000's these days.
    Last edited by Ru5152; 11-11-2016 at 07:33 PM.

90s, ages 5-15. Good times, or at least good times with rose colored glasses.

Best time in my life came in the 00s but there was enough bad stuff to absolutely balance it out.

If we're just talking ten years '96-05 wins hands down.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Did you grow up in that era? I've always thought it would have been the greatest era to live in, but I was only five years old when it ended so I don't remember much of it. Then again, there was Vietnam and social unrest and other negatives to balance out all the great stuff, just like any decade, I guess.
    Yes I grew up in that era. The changes were everywhere, and though there was uphevel, it seemed we were progressing to a better future. Then it all went to crap.
    Vietnam showed us warr was not the answer. Social unrest told us everyone deserved equal treatment .
    And the music...the Beales and the Beach Boys to Led Zep and Pink Floyd. An amazing journey.