Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amalgams

Astonishing Member

And then some bad guys...
    Colossumorpho- Collosus + Metamorpho
    Ras Al Ghul + Norman Osborn= ??? Some really bad international warlord/ domestic crime lord/ evil ceo .
    Lex Luthor + Wilson Fisk= Lex Wilson 2 term president of the United states leaving office and re joining the private sector as a business man and lobbyist
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 03-22-2022 at 09:38 AM.

I keep meaning to update this regularly, but this is how my mind works:

Ok, so let's amalgamate Superman. I'll go with the Fantastic Four. Superman started the Golden Age of Superheroes, FF started the Marvel Age. Both have what I would call the premiere villain of their respective universes, Lex Luthor and Dr. Doom, there are parallels like 'The Phantom Zone' and 'The Negative Zone'...awesome.

Superman + Human Torch = Superhuman Torch
    Supergirl + Invisible Woman = Subvisible Girl
    Elastic Lad + Mr. Fantastic = Fantastic Lad
    Guardian + Thing = Grim Guardian

Great. I especially love Grim Guardian because then I can tie in The Yancy Street gang and the Newsboy Legion. Awesome!

Although...Thing didn't have a GA superhero career, so any GA stories would come off weird. Maybe I could do Jimmy Olsen as Thing, as a spoof of his old 'Turtle Boy' persona. That leaves in the Newsboy Legion/Yancy Street thing! And I could have Brainiac 5 be Mr. Fantastic. Perfect! Oh, but wait. Jimmy Olsen never ran with the Avengers. And Reed Richards has no ties to the Guardians of the Galaxy. Hmmm.

AH! Power Girl is kind of the 'blue collar' member of the Superman family, I could do 'Power Girl + Thing = Brickhouse' Wow. I like that one a lot! And it lines up perfectly with my 'JLI + West Coast Avengers = JLLA' thing!

....of course Thing never ran with the Invaders, which is actually more of a part of Power Girl's story now than her Superman connection...but it allows me to not use Power Girl with USAgent, which frees USAgent up for Captain Atom, which makes my Extreme Justice/Force Works thing work, BUT doesn't allow me to use Captain Atom as the Scarlet Witch for my 'House of Armageddon 2001' thing, AND...

...then I realize how sick my mind really is.
    Last edited by edpower; 12-09-2016 at 08:24 PM.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Astonishing Member

Black Zero + Exodus = Exodus Black. be afraid be very afraid- Kryptonian type and Psionic powers. Crazed cult leader.

Nova + Jade=( Jenny& Rich) Jade Nova= kooky hero villain fight turns Jenny into a green energy creature. However with the Nova stabilizer suit she can now maintain solid form- Skin is now green . Suit enhances strength and can filter and refine energy so she can make solid light constructs and fly

Astonishing Member

Red Knight- Jason Todd + Marc Spector.... former protege of the Bat Devil. It didn't end amicably. Loose Cannon Can be unhinged at times. Does care about collateral damage but gets over excited and forgets. Not hindered by even a Super hero standard of probable cause.

Billy Batson + Carol Danvers= Carroll Batson- An 18 year old guy struggling uncomfortably and in denial of some gender ambivalence issues performs an act of bravery on behalf of some Alien Wizard Elders and is selected to be the vessel for the cosmically magical heroic force calling herself Captain Mar- Velle. Billy transforms by uttering the magic word Shaz-Vell and Changes back by saying Big Red Cheesy and giggling.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 03-22-2022 at 09:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

Solomon Grundy + Swamp Thing- Purported Urban Legend of more or less man like thing haunting/ Stalking/ defending? the environs of Grundy Swamp. Evil super villain realty development cartels send out mercs and super baddies to spook locals who won't vacate their little corner of the world regardless of the money. The Grundy Swamp Thing merges to confront The Mercs and Super baddies. Violence, Hi jinks and hilarity ensue

Astonishing Member

The Original Human Torch + Red Tornado= The Human Firestorm or Torchstorm

Astonishing Member

Hal Jordan + Steven Strange = Doctor Lantern

Astonishing Member

Flash + Scarlet Witch = Bari Maximov, The Scarlet Speedster

Astonishing Member

Tim Drake + Kate Bishop= Tim Bishop aka... Hawkrobin or Robinhawk or Robineye.... Frquently teams and has a Thang going on with

Elektra + Cassandra Cain= Elecktra Cain.... Can't think of any superhero name that sounds any better than that. Both of them are former Proteges of Bat Devil who they frequently work with. They also frequently partner with Red KNight which makes him more reasonable and less prone to go off the rails. I'll try to quit for a while . These are too much fun, though.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 03-22-2022 at 09:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Justice League Of Defenders
    Doctor Lantern ( Hal Strange) Master of The Mystic arts plus he has a rechargeable power ring. Mediates for spiritual guidance, balance and Sanity, also Really likes to party

The Scarlet Speedster ( Flash and Scarlet Witch Amalgam. Bari Maximof- Fastest woman alive. Good friend of Hal's They've been known to party.

The Human Firestorm( Original Human Torch and Red Tornado Amalgam)

The Atomic Wasp- Ray and Jan Amalgam- Socialilite/ Super scientist/ Super Shero Jan Palmer. Has been coupling with.
    Reed "Stretch Obrien" Wise Cracking Super genius with Stretching and limited morphing powers goes by Doc Stretch or Just Stretch. Ran with the bad guys for Yeaaaars. Reformed after a couple of decades in Prison. Appears Thirtyish. Much older

Iron Arrow- Olivia Rand- Amalgam of Oliver Queen and Danny Rand- Also Runs Hero Company- A ( sometimes) for Profit Super heroing biz with her friend, Powerfist. Parties with Doc Lantern but just platonically, now.

Powefist( Jeff Cage- a Luke Cage/ Black Lightning Amalgam

Marvel Woman- Wonderwoman and Carol Danvers Amalgam. She and Human Firestorm have been fighting badguys since WW2
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 12-28-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

And then in a few issues The Terrific Mr. Panther, Ms. Impossible, and Aquarita sign up[QUOTE=Photon Torme;2493638]Justice League Of Defenders
    Doctor Lantern ( Hal Strange) Master of The Mystic arts plus he has a rechargeable power ring. Mediates for spiritual guidance, balance and Sanity, also Really likes to party

The Scarlet Speedster ( Flash and Scarlet Witch Amalgam. Bari Maximof

Astonishing Member

Spiderwoman( Jessica) & Huntress- Spider Huntress or Scarlet Huntress
    Spider Girl( Amalgam of Babs Gordon and Julia Carpenter)
    Clayman( Sandman+ Clayface amalgam- Badguy)

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Gamecock and King Shark: King Chicken!

Green Lantern Corps + The Nova Corps= The Nova Lantern Corps
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Ultimate Member

The Supreme Intelligence (Marvel) + Martian Manhunter (DC)= shape shifting artificial intelligence from outer space...Superman!

Billy Batson (DC) +Ice Man (Marvel) = teenaged magical snow wizard...Bat Man!

Faith ( Valiant) + Batlash ( DC) = female speedster from the old west...The Flash!